• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We killed the Digimons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dever

Banned
Wow. o_O Anons are scary.

Did this actually start on GAF? Surely not. Anyways, they'll probably just make a new forum for themselves.

LowParry

4chan and GAF was noticed within their forums. Looks like them Digimon folk are nailed hard. :lol Poor guys.

Suburban Cowboy said:
its like seeing a retard have his balloon popped. It's deeply saddening in a pathetic sort of way

It really is. Let the kids have their moronic fun before society stops letting them.

JimiNutz

Banned
SealSqueal said:
Maybe they crossed over. Believe.

Yeah I like to think that they got their digivices to work and they managed to cross over. I bet they're all frolicking on a beach having hot digimon sex as we speak. Meanwhile we're all stuck here on GAF because we didn't believe :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Aw man, that sucks. That forum was like reading GameFAQs when a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game is given an 8; a guilty pleasure. And now it's gone :(

G-Fex

Well GAF what are you waiting for? Let's go find some other sort of freak site out there and put a stop to it.

eXistor

Aww, even though they're a bunch of freaks (not unlike GAF in a way), Anon don't have the right to do shit like this. I feel kinda bad for them, just let them be.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mac said:
I wanted them to be heckled but not like this. Not like this.
matrix-switch.jpg

jaypah

damn, GAF. i feel ashamed to be a part of the community that caused the epic "EVENT".

not really. poor kids :(

way more

Mickey%20Rooney.gif

Well, I hope you're all satisfied. You raided a forum of simple going internet children. Teenagers who shared the dream of a different world. A digital world of magic creatures and exotic locales. A world where interspecies love was not a crime and anything was possible and you slick savvy internet goers took 'em for all they were worth.

aku:jiki

Shard said:
Indeed, no great loss to the internet.
It's not like they were some batshit cult or anything; they were just role-playing kids. This is about as funny as raiding a kindergarten and stealing all the toys or some shit. :(

G-Fex

mac said:
Mickey%20Rooney.gif

Well, I hope you're all satisfied. You raided a forum of simple going internet children. Teenagers who shared the dream of a different world. A digital world of magic creatures and exotic locales. A world where interspecies love was not a crime and anything was possible and you slick savvy internet goers took 'em for all they were worth.

:lol :lol :lol made my night, goodnight gaf.

mac said:
Mickey%20Rooney.gif

:lol :lol :lol

aku:jiki said:
It's not like they were some batshit cult or anything; they were just role-playing kids.
Personally I felt it borderlined on cult. A bunch of desperate, delusional kids waiting patiently for "the event" or w/e bullshit they called crossing over.

JimiNutz

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Its things like this that make me hate not having access to encyclopedia dramatica at work. What I would give to read the entry on digimon...

Digimon was created by AZN pirates flooding the oriental toy market with an affordable Tamagotchi rip-off (which is illegal because it doesn't have enough Chinese lead in it). After going on a bender they used their monies to fund Digimon themed mangas, animes, videogames, toys, cards and other assorted crap that lost them all their money. After Digimon Tamers they went bankrupt and shut up shop for good. The Digimon anime series is continued to this day though by the Digimon Fandom (or "DigiFans"). "Digifans" compulsively add the prefix "digi" or the suffix "mon" to every noun and verb in their miniscule vocabulary.

and

DIGIMANS ARE REAL!!111!
Some people are such big fans of Digimon, and so very, very, lonely, that they pretend that they have their own imaginary Digimon companion, and are Digimon Tamers. You might not think it is so unusual for someone to have an imaginary friend they can pretend will breathe fire on all the bullies at school, but the group, Real Digimon Believers, takes it one step further. Instead of just buying a dog, they have deluded themselves into thinking that they have real Digimon pets, and, like a freaky cult, will try to convince all nonbelievers to share their delusions.

The Real Digimon Believers are seriously trying to find a connection to the Digital World where they will reunite with their long-lost Digimon companions. These plans, dubbed Project Digiclipse, the only completely logical and scientific way to reach the Digital World, involve toy Digivices, their parents' computers, plastic bags, and waiting for a passing comet.

Qu'est que c'est "Project Digiclipse"?

Equally effectiveAccording to the Project Digiclipse website, "Project digiclipse is the combination of hope, belief, and the theories of members of all digimon believers. The point is, we believe that digimon [imaginary digital monsters featured in the program] exist, and we are determined to find a way to bring them to us. The way we attempt to do this, is simple, yet hopefully effective. We gather all the belivers [sic] that we can find, and focus on our goal at the exact same moment all around the world, hold our digivices to the sky, and the laws of mind over matter tell us that we can achieve our goal; a digital portal opening somewhere nearby."

That's right. These people believe that the universe and inhabitants from the TV cartoon series Digimon are physically real, and that a "portal" can be opened to this universe if a group of "believers" all hold up their toy Digivices [licensed products based upon the show] at the same time and wish really hard. As the website explains, "They [the Digivices] may be toys, but many of them are a symbolic or even spiritual connection to our partners, and act as a bridge between our world and the digital world by sheer love and belief. That's what this entire project was based on, the power of the mind, and our connections, if not just our belief. It's been proved throughout history that if you believe in something, it can happen... As long as you believe, something is bound to happen!" Yes, and for the Digiclipsian, that "something" could well be the arrival of burly mental health nurses, called upon by their terrified parents to drag them off for a two-month vacation at Camp Haldol.

However, lest we write of the believers in the Digiclipse as the modern-day version of the Millerites, the author of the project webpage sounds a note of realism amid the hope for a digital Rapture: "We can't tell you whether or not it will work," the website admits, "as it has not been attempted by anyone before. This is sort of a hopeful experiment, but even if a portal doesn't open, it will bring us all closer and hopefully weaken the barrier between the worlds." Sounds like a long shot. Besides, as Scotty of TV's Star Trek once said, "Any decent brand of Scotch'll do that, Sir."

Le potentiel pour les «lulz»
The website has a forum for believers, with typical topics such as "what will you do if when do you wake up see your partner???" and "Matter...and...Data? ...Just how can I become Data?" The lulz potential is high [approximately 720 milliJameth/kb as measured by lulzometer (1 Jameth = 1000 mJ = guaranteed corruption of lol)]. Any of the standard drama-generating techniques could be used to generate epic amounts of butthurt among the spastic retards that populate the message boards. Rule 34-based techniques should be especially effective, as most of the members seem to be at the (physical or mental) age where sex is the overt or covert motivator behind every obsession. It's a target-rich environment; try a shotgun approach and see what happens.

Digifag site owned

The digimon fourms site http://digiclipse.theiforum.com/ got owned during an raid by the g00ns and anonymous. Srsly guyz, Digimon is not real.

There's more but that'll have to do for now.

Fireblend

Banned
:lol :lol :lol
Awesome. This was 4chan tho, not us. Still, brilliant, and priceless. Pust they probably still have that MSN group page.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I feel sad for them. Expect mass suicides tomorrow and tonight.

Actually... if they come back, it'll be fun. THE ATTACK! Now they'll really believe it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom