• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

i61UI5HuE0hqU.jpg

ibrhky5sWCywlN.jpg

ibflUil7iaIZ3E.jpg

Fergie

Banned
Anyone have issues previewing recent screenshots?

For example I can view AC4 screens fine but I can use R1 or L1, shows me a blank screen, waiting 1 min or 2 doesn't load it up.

It's even worse with Infamous screens they don't even preview at all.

Funny thing it's fine when I send through message or twitter but it's messed up otherwise. I don't know if the new update messed something up it was fine when I used it some weeks ago.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Anyone have issues previewing recent screenshots?

For example I can view AC4 screens fine but I can use R1 or L1, shows me a blank screen, waiting 1 min or 2 doesn't load it up.

It's even worse with Infamous screens they don't even preview at all.

Funny thing it's fine when I send through message or twitter but it's messed up otherwise. I don't know if the new update messed something up it was fine when I used it some weeks ago.

Yeah, I have that problem too. A trick I've been doing is this:

1) Select the picture you want to view.
2) Then press the Share button.
3) When it goes to the Facebook/Twitter screen, press Circle to cancel and go back to the previous menu.
4) Now select to view the picture again, and it should appear.

I've been getting this issue with nearly every game I've taken screens of, and that trick seems to help.

Here are more random inFAMOUS shots:

They were just staring at me and following me around:

1900386_10202235056491141_519323655_o.jpg

1655146_10202235048250935_845036784_o.jpg

1782323_10202235057371163_376143862_o.jpg

I just found a way to disable the hud for screenshots. Its similar to my Killzone dof trick. When you pause the game the hud dissapears for a split second. Record and then go through the video frame by frame is the easiest way.
io8oycwHvmccz.jpg

iBc3oSgjb0gyT.jpg

iodRKRZEzwdy3.jpg

That's it. Image quality is superb.

It really doesn't have the best character models, most detailed cities, best textures etc but it just shows how hi-res, brilliant AA, amazing lighting etc all mean so much. It makes Ground Zeroes (even on PS4) look like a last gen game.

commedieu

Banned
infamous is really the only current gen game that puts last gen to shame, and reminds people why you're buying another console. I've yet to get a ps4, but damn. That is very impressive. So early on too... GT7 is going to look insane.

Everything else i've seen has looked like a slightly better version of ps3 games. But Yeah, very impressed at the work sucker punch has managed with their team. Bravo.

nOoblet16

infamous is really the only current gen game that puts last gen to shame, and reminds people why you're buying another console. I've yet to get a ps4, but damn. That is very impressive. So early on too... GT7 is going to look insane.

Everything else i've seen has looked like a slightly better version of ps3 games. But Yeah, very impressed at the work sucker punch has managed with their team. Bravo.

I'm confused by comments like these. Shadowfall, NBA 2K14 were clearly a generational leap (and so was Ryse) and it still looks better than Second Son, yes not as good image quality and it is not an open city, but it clearly looks like a generation away from anything on older consoles.

Fergie

Banned
Yeah, I have that problem too. A trick I've been doing is this:

1) Select the picture you want to view.
2) Then press the Share button.
3) When it goes to the Facebook/Twitter screen, press Circle to cancel and go back to the previous menu.
4) Now select to view the picture again, and it should appear.

I've been getting this issue with nearly every game I've taken screens of, and that trick seems to help.

Here are more random inFAMOUS shots:

They were just staring at me and following me around:
Surprisingly worked. Thanks. Sony really needs to fix it, but googling it seems pretty remote.

jZH4Em7qshkn6.jpg

jttKI6UaOqt9K.jpg

j861OkuF1aDww.jpg

Uncompressed shots in a future update would really help.

Also how do I remove the UI, can it be done? Thanks.

With Infamous being a first generation game, it makes my mouth water thinking about what's coming as we dig in for the long haul. These screen shots are almost universally impressive.

You must not have seen 2K14 or Killzone in person. They are even more stunning than inFamous.

Krisprolls

Banned
Infamous is more impressive due to the sublime particle effects and light when you use your powers. That's what makes the overall package on top.

If you removed the particle effects, KZ SF would be on top. NBA 2k14 is very impressive too, especially the hair on the faces. The lighting is pretty great too.

MavFan619

Banned
Infamous is more impressive due to the sublime particle effects and light when you use your powers. That's what makes the overall package on top.

If you removed the particle effects, KZ SF would be on top. NBA 2k14 is very impressive too, especially the hair on the faces. The lighting is pretty great too.
My main issue with 2k14 is some of the player faces seemed off for me, the lighting and general image quality is great but all at a much smaller scale so for me it's a different standard when an open world game holds it's own.

ChrisW

Really cannot wait to see what Santa Monica and ND can do with the PS4 if SP can produce such a beautiful game in the first year of its life and also that they weren't ever really known for pushing the system.

Also can't wait to see what SP's next game will be and look like

The faces being off have nothing to do with the argument of the games visuals.

Regardless of how small an arena it is and how little else is on screen, the player models are unmatched in any game imo, the overall resolution and crispness is still stunning when I play today as it was months ago at launch, the lighting and shadowing superb and the frame rate is pretty much constant 60fps. (I personally think the arm and leg textures are not as good as the generally average looking Live 14 though)

And the initial comment was to do with a game looking next gen over anything similar from last gen. 2K is leaps and bounds ahead of its previous gen version.

2k14.jpg

MavFan619

Banned
The faces being off have nothing to do with the argument of the games visuals.

Regardless of how small an arena it is and how little else is on screen, the player models are unmatched in any game imo, the overall resolution and crispness is still stunning when I play today as it was months ago at launch, the lighting and shadowing superb and the frame rate is pretty much constant 60fps. (I personally think the arm and leg textures are not as good as the generally average looking Live 14 though)

And the initial comment was to do with a game looking next gen over anything similar from last gen. 2K is leaps and bounds ahead of its previous gen version.

2k14.jpg
I don't disagree it's a great looking game, however Infamous (it also has a last gen counter part that it trounces graphically) for me had an immediate impact I was amazed to be playing something that looked like that, not being a pc gamer so I'm not used to such image quality. Also when I see a player face I don't think is on par with some of the others it kind of ruins it for me. Especially when one of them is Dirk :(

commedieu

Banned
You must not have seen 2K14 or Killzone in person. They are even more stunning than inFamous.

Lol. Yeah, no. InfamOus Is an open world game that looks better as a package, than whatever zoomed in justification of those other Lesser titles, and it would Look even better with a smaller scale game style. It means that this will be improved, and it's already raised the bar. It maKes me lOok forward to naughty dogs work. And keep in mind we are just coming off of gta5.

Kz def Looks phenomenal as well.. But InfamOus really hits home with the quality and scale. It maKes me want to get a ps4, and this is the first time since launch that I've been interested in either console as far as "whoah, next gens here."

It's not like everYone saYing this is Some obscure lurker.

Top Bottom