• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

Toxi

Banned
stolen from Revven:

DQronfb.jpg
I don't see any "the game actually sucks", so I guess that goes without saying.

Revven

Referring to the question about what character I'd play if I managed to get to a Best Buy that had the demo:

Either Link or DK. (Probably DK).

I doubt though there will be a demo for me to try out where I am, they didn't have one close enough to me in our state at all. =\

Cody_D165

Banned
So guys, if you roughed out the lines at Best Buy and got one shot to try one character for the purposes of this demo, which character would it be, of the ones we currently know?

I'd definitely go with Greninja. He appeals to both my gameplay style (fast and technical) and he's one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite franchises.

Little Mac for sure, super hyped to play as him.

....I don't see how?
which ones are "guaranteed to be true", other than the ones about salt and streaming

I was exaggerating. =P

But yeah, the ones that will almost certainly be true:

-Single elimination
-FD only
-Complaints, hating, and saltiness (this accounts for like 5 of the tiles lol)
-No wavedashing
-Audience knowing nothing about competitive smash
-Time battle
-Ridley

emb

I could see rows 2 (dunno about free for alls) or 4 happening. Column 1 too, but I don't know if 6 weeks is long enough for Kevin's beard to reach a high enough power.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
stolen from Revven:

DQronfb.jpg
Haha, I like it. I'd also like to add "Wireless Controller johns" and "Mew2King sandbags because his box of GameCube controllers are unusable".

Seriously though, I absolutely love that Nintendo are doing this. It's amazing, and I really hope they do send in a varied amount of smashers like M2K, Dr.PP to cover Melee, ZeRo to cover Brawl and... uh... would there be any 64 professionals that would be eager to play a Smash 4 tournament?

Kinsei

Banned
So guys, if you roughed out the lines at Best Buy and got one shot to try one character for the purposes of this demo, which character would it be, of the ones we currently know?

I'd definitely go with Greninja. He appeals to both my gameplay style (fast and technical) and he's one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite franchises.

Probably WFT. I figure she'll be the least used newcomer in the demo so I want to do my part and get some footage of her online. If last years MK8 demo is any indication, there will be people recording the matches.

sorry Revven for constantly stealing your posts, but:

A couple months back D1 polled the community in the Melee It On Me podcast facebook group to get any positive articles or mentions of our scene and give them to him as it was for "someone important" and I recall him teasing it being related to Nintendo.

This was right after D1 supposedly had spoken with someone at Nintendo at some convention or Twitch event a few weeks prior to him asking the community for the stuff above (he freely posted about this on his Twitter page if I recall).

He's been doing something behind the scenes with Nintendo, I feel. So Nintendo has a direct contact to find out who to invite, easily, if all those things above are connected.

Edit: Prog is going to be on MLG's eSports Report to discuss the news with SolidJake here RIGHT NOW

edit: nvm that thing was over fast....

Neiteio

Probably Sonic, actually. I'm hyped for Mega Man and Little Mac and all, but we've had a lot of information on how they play, or the changes made to several other veterans; meanwhile, there's been little (if any) information about whatever tweaks Sonic's received. He's generally just there in the daily screenshots, and he looked like he played about the same from the footage we've seen. He kinda needed more killing power (Super Sonic notwithstanding, all he really had was his Forward Smash IIRC), so I want to see if he got any.
Weak strength aside, Sonic was so fun in Brawl. They really captured the essence of moving around like Sonic. I hope they pump him up for SSB4.

Mega Man, no question. I'm so excited to play him in Smash I can't stand it. One of my favorite characters of all time from one of my favorite series of all time.

I'd definitely go with Little Mac. He looks like a ton of fun to play.

emb

Wow, Sakurai is a beast in Sudden Death. One and done in < 1sec on both videos :D
Just the fact that both went to sudden death makes me think both were rigged. :p I hadn't thought about it though, that is pretty funny.

But especially the E3 one, probably was either practiced to go just like that, or prerecorded with them just pretending to play.

Does Best Buy allow you to video record lol?
Does it entirely matter? People will anyway. If they don't, I don't really see the point of it.

SerodD

Awesome video. Sakurai is a Ganondorf user? Who knew. Also, he was totally holding back.

Cute girl -- she was probably impregnated just being in his presence.

He probably used him to give the girl a chance, or he doesn't understand his own game.

Let's pretend the correct one is the first one.

I have a request if you guys have a best buy that is soon this can you get footage of Mega man and see if Mario got any buffs? My local beat buy didn't have the demos last year so I don't know if they will this year.

Neiteio

He probably used him to give the girl a chance, or he doesn't understand his own game.

Let's pretend the correct one is the first one.
Sakurai knows all the secret signs and inner workings of the Smash-verse. Here he was toying with his prey, but I'm confident he could go Super Saiyan if he wanted. Even with characters deemed trash tier.

Kinsei

Banned
I have a request if you guys have a best buy that is soon this can you get footage of Mega man and see if Mario got any buffs? My local beat buy didn't have the demos last year so I don't know if they will this year.

I'll try, assuming the same Best Buys will be doing demos this year. If there is no one with a good camera there, it will have to be a shitty cell phone video though.

SerodD

Megaman for sure.

Nudull

Banned
Considering that I have two local Best Buys, this Smash demo news is a best case scenario for me. Wish I had a GAF group to go with, though.

georly

I'm not taking my ass to best buy to play this demo, they should just give us one to download.

In-development-game-demos will never be available for download by nintendo. They can't risk bugs/crashes being discovered and tarnishing the quality of their game before release. It's an image thing.

SoldnerKei

In-development-game-demos will never be available for download by nintendo. They can't risk bugs/crashes being discovered and tarnishing the quality of their game before release. It's an image thing.

and I really doubt they will hand a in-develpment-game demo to best buy, that build has to be stable or else they'll will have a bunch of lined up people really mad... so, I don't see why they couldn't upload a demo with timed access, namco does that already... but if they did, nobody would show up at best buy... so that's why

Berordn

Considering that I have two local Best Buys, this Smash demo news is a best case scenario for me. Wish I had a GAF group to go with, though.

I have two, both about 15 minutes away from home and the closest one with a demo kiosk was an hour's drive.

Hopefully you have better luck.

Top Bottom