• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
HAHAHHAHAA, your post-history.

You gotta be more subtle than that.

I feel like a large number of those kinds of posts or negativity in general are from people who never really had much interest in the game or platform in the first place. Some of the complaints have merit, but most are hilarious over exaggerations and conclusions derived from largely assumption or thin air.

An9XPVa.jpg

Wow... that's quite a downgrade.

StuBurns

Banned
There's more than lighting, the shader work is better in places, and the woman's character model is greatly improved. Previously her eyes had the life of a walking cadaver.

cornerman

sony released this "shit twitch stream" why should anyone wait on judging what sony themselves released? I get it's bad quality, but the onus is on sony for it, and the negative reactions are completely valid.

We are all ignorant to a whole host of things. Ignorance is commonplace and in most cases shouldn't be viewed a negative - we can't be knowledgeable about everything. We're all ignorant to something. But one can't blame their ignorance on someone else. Its not NASA's fault that I don't know how jet propulsion works, when the information is readily available for me to look up and study. Anyone who commonly uses twitch should likely have noticed that everything they watch receives some type of visual downgrade. You can't expect someone to educate you or provide a disclaimer for any or all of the possible scenarios in which a person can be ignorant of something. Its unrealistic.

I'm not debating whether or not Sony should have went with Twitch or some other means of showing off the video; perhaps it would have been received better. I'm also not saying that negative reactions shouldn't be expected; at this point, everyone has negative reaction ot some thing in gaming space (forum realities...internet realities!). I just don't think its Sony's fault for others' ignorance.

Lunzio

Honestly, the fact that this thread is still generating posts is probably a sign of a slow news weekend...
Why can't we just wait for video to be released at native resolution to nitpick?

The negativity...

Prelude.

Honestly, the fact that this thread is still generating posts is probably a sign of a slow news weekend...
Why can't we just wait for video to be released at native resolution to nitpick?

The negativity...

You're underestimating the commitment of the concern trolls that gather around these types of games. Did you miss the "black bars" thread? That was amazing.

iRh0NPmyZN0Tp.png

An9XPVa.jpg

The Order running on a supercomputer confirmed.
comparison1fuupc.png

comp3s2qgt.png

comparison2c4oa6.png

It's like they took all the visual power from the clothes, and put them on the face. The faces look better IMO, but in the process, they made the jackets too plain. Was digging all the chains, buttons and tassels and shit on the original models.

While that is true there are still many things different or missing in the newer one. Can't blame the stream on that.

Just saying. :p
The lightings changed some and they changed the outfits, but the devs commented those outfits show up later in the game. Are we to the point where wardrobe changes are considered downgrades?

Xenon

Looks like the new Order can not afford fancy uniforms or armored plates.

I feel like a large number of those kinds of posts or negativity in general are from people who never really had much interest in the game or platform in the first place. Some of the complaints have merit, but most are hilarious over exaggerations and conclusions derived from largely assumption or thin air.

I agree about people trashing this game with what little we we've seen. I don't see how anyone could judge it from that. But, the same could be said about all the hype surrounding The Order.

Lol this is great, i guess they didn't see my previous comparisons.

iRh0NPmyZN0Tp.png

An9XPVa.jpg

The Order running on a supercomputer confirmed.
comparison1fuupc.png

comp3s2qgt.png

comparison2c4oa6.png

This is making my brain melt.

First pic is promotional shot. Of course it's a bullshot. But its insanely stupid to compare it to a low ass compressed, gamma off, twitch grab.

Second comaparaison does make the game looks prettier between feb and may though.

nib95

Banned
Wow... that's quite a downgrade.

I'm glad you posted, because you're a great example of what I was speaking about above. Literally everything Sony related I can remember from you is negative, and unsurprisingly the opposite for the other platform…

That gameplay video bored me to tears.

It's like Gears of War without any of the fun.

dat audience

rHNyIlA.jpg

Overrated.

They made one game, a sequel, a vita game and now they're making a Move game.

Yay?

lol
Is that supposed to be John Farrell?
That looks nothing like him.

Microtransactions too?

Yikes... what a disaster this game has been so far.

Wow, Sucker Punch are the worst at character design.
I didn't think it could get much worse than douche Cole or snow hat boy

If the game is essentially Orcs Must Die with a "Wind Waker" skin over it, I don't really see what the big deal is about this game.
We've seen zero gameplay.

Compared to Orcs Must Die?
So Rime is a tower defense game?

Oh great :/
A good looking tower defense game, but still... meh.

And then you have shit like this…

It's a shitty trend and I will not support it.
But people are clearly buying into this so publishers will keep on doing it as long it's financially viable.
It's pretty much as easy as printing money.
Halo 1-4 next gen ports in glorious 60 FPS, sign me the fuck up!

velociraptor

I'm glad you posted, because you're a great example of what I was speaking about above. Literally everything Sony related I can remember from you is negative, and unsurprisingly the opposite for the other platform…

:lol

jet1911

Hahaha, ouch.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

That Halo remaster is some double standard shit that makes me angry. Whatever, mods will determine what to do.

EDIT: The Phil Spencer thing in his avatar is perfect too, great job hiding your preferences. The trolls really have gotten smarter.

orochi91

That is straight up embarrassing.

I'm making a mental list of posters like that.

Also, the blatant hypocrisy is deplorable.

gai_shain

I think the game looks amazing but streaming on twitch obviously wasnt the best decision.
Sadly thats not my kind of genre and therefore the only thing I could admire was the graphics. Nonetheless I think this game is going to be big and I think people really should wait for more info/footage before juding like this.

StuBurns

Banned
Getting four HD Remasters vs one is really not the same thing. Someone being happy about one and not the other seems totally reasonable to me.

Haha, this thread is great. The game actually looks better now than back in February, per the dev's comments on assets used. And yet we have comparison pics between direct feed footage and a low bit rate twitch stream. You guys are going to be disappointed
(and/or banned for trolling)
when we get the next direct feed gameplay trailer.

Salex_

mp5rmriijky1.gif

nib95

Banned
Getting four HD Remasters vs one is really not the same thing. Someone being happy about one and not the other seems totally reasonable to me.

It was about the principle behind it, not the release itself. For one platform or franchise, remakes are something he won't support and frowns upon, but for another, it's hype worthy and great.

He didn't agree with the Uncharted 1-3 remasters either. But I'm sure he'll come up with some double standards discrepancy that justifies the difference in opinion.

orochi91

Regardless, its the general trend of porting he's shown disdain for.
The content of said ports does not excuse his hypocrisy.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

He's saying that remasters are a bad trend in the industry that should not be supported, he never specified that he was against a one game remaster.

He then proceeds to support a remaster. Double standard.

EDIT: I wonder if Kagari did take a better look at the thread after finishing what she was doing.

ron_bato

..snip

Oh this post... so good!

tumblr_m9l4rwlAip1rcilpfo1_250.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
ahmIsJO.png

^ This is what some of you is calling a "downgrade"? What the hell people? I call this a upgrade!

ya i wana point this out as well the 2014 face looks way more realistic than the 2013 one, the other thing i notice is the lighting has been drastically changed, its more a blue tint with fog, you can't really call a change in lighting for a scene a downgrade, also the clothes are different for a reason according to the guy on twitter

SeriousApes

I think the game looks amazing but streaming on twitch obviously wasnt the best decision.
Sadly thats not my kind of genre and therefore the only thing I could admire was the graphics. Nonetheless I think this game is going to be big and I think people really should wait for more info/footage before juding like this.

Yeah, I understand that Twitch is a popular video platform, but it would've been nice to have a high quality version available shortly after the debut. It's only a few days difference, but we'd have probably been able to avoid dumb comparisons and analyses based on some crummy stream captures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom