• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Azuran

Banned
It still works, and no, the Gen 4 legendaries when used with DR do not require any save files from the games.

And I farm the dream radar pokes already, if you want I can get you a set with your trainer name (not exceeding 7 characters) and gender.

That would be pretty awesome. I don't have anything to offer thought since I lost all of my stuff and had to restart from scratch this gen.

lupinko

Edit: And yessssss. Shiny Jirachi and Surfing Pikachu month has finally arrived!

It should be noted that the former is exclusive to Tohoku and the latter is exclusive to Yokohama.

:D

That would be pretty awesome. I don't have anything to offer thought since I lost all of my stuff and had to restart from scratch this gen.

Yeah I'm in a giving mood. You don't have to give anything. What do you want for your OT and gender?

I can also throw in an Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi for you.

So you are looking at:

HA Tornadus
HA Thundurus
HA Landorus
HA Hooh
HA Lugia
HA Dialga
HA Palkia
HA Giratina
Ageto Celebi
Wishmaker Jirachi

Muku

This is the first time I really want to get shiny pokemon. I know of the methods, currently using the 2 different regions of pokemon and trying to hatch an egg. I have a Japanese Ditto.

I don't have the shiny charm mind you but this grind is tough. Anyone have a method they do when grinding shiny pokemon?

It can be slow going. Sometimes one pops out pretty darn quick (had one pop out on the 14th egg) or it can take hundreds or thousands of eggs. My first one ever popped out this generation (without even using MM funny enough) and I got hooked. Was learning the old method of IV passing when it occurred.

Even with a shiny charm, I still feel like I'm breeding without it. Though I've actually found wild Pokemon since obtaining it that are shiny. Only really feel like it's increased my chances of finding them in wild rather than breeding them. But I usually breed them while I'm watching TV or a movie. Since when they hatch you can see color swap (assuming it's not too minimal and difficult to catch there) when it pops out. Though after each batch hatches I still go in and verify there are no shinies in case before IV checking and releasing/storing.

Edit: We have Japan on lockdown, lupinko. ;) Actually just got really lucky, LOL. At least I feel like Yokohama got really lucky.

This is the first time I really want to get shiny pokemon. I know of the methods, currently using the 2 different regions of pokemon and trying to hatch an egg. I have a Japanese Ditto.

I don't have the shiny charm mind you but this grind is tough. Anyone have a method they do when grinding shiny pokemon?

I jump three times when I receive an egg, that gives me luck.
Kidding.
Seriously though, the only thing that I could tell you is to have patience. Lots of patience. Sometimes you may get the Pokemon that you want really fast and then you may think that the whole thing is easy, then you spend days, weeks, even months trying for another one and it never happens. Some people may have better and longer advices, but this is what I can tell you.

JayTee71

Neo Member
Sadly, if your subscription ends while you have pokemon in the bank, you only have a set amount of time to get them before they're lost completely. As for waiting to renew your subscription, there hasn't been any official word on a promotion, but it would make sense to have one. Don't know if it would be worth waiting to renew your subscription for.

Well that sucks to hear. RIP to my Celebi.

It can be slow going. Sometimes one pops out pretty darn quick (had one pop out on the 14th egg) or it can take hundreds or thousands of eggs. My first one ever popped out this generation (without even using MM funny enough) and I got hooked. Was learning the old method of IV passing when it occurred.

Even with a shiny charm, I still feel like I'm breeding without it. Though I've actually found wild Pokemon since obtaining it that are shiny. Only really feel like it's increased my chances of finding them in wild rather than breeding them. But I usually breed them while I'm watching TV or a movie. Since when they hatch you can see color swap (assuming it's not too minimal and difficult to catch there) when it pops out. Though after each batch hatches I still go in and verify there are no shinies in case before IV checking and releasing/storing.
Actually I have a few shiny pokemon but all of them were from the wild, I never got one from an egg. First time I did friend safari, I got a shiny Quagsire. I am for sure doing different stuff when grinding eggs but man even with hatching power and a flame body pokemon, it goes fast but I just wish at this point I could hatch eggs and they go to the pc, or I didn't have to have a free slot to receive eggs. Even with the charm it still feels really time consuming huh? Man, I wont give up though ill keep trying.

I jump three times when I receive an egg, that gives me luck.
Kidding.
Seriously though, the only thing that I could tell you is to have patience. Lots of patience. Sometimes you may get the Pokemon that you want really fast and then you may think that the whole thing is easy, then you spend days, weeks, even months trying for another one and it never happens. Some people may have better and longer advices, but this is what I can tell you.

I press buttons in a specific sequence like it will do something for some reason. I hopefully can get the ones I want in the coming weeks.

Thanks though, I just wanted to know if this is what grinding for Shiny Pokemon feels like, and it seems it is.

Azuran

Banned
Yeah I'm in a giving mood. You don't have to give anything. What do you want for your OT and gender?

I can also throw in an Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi for you.

So you are looking at:

HA Tornadus
HA Thundurus
HA Landorus
HA Hooh
HA Lugia
HA Dialga
HA Palkia
HA Giratina
Ageto Celebi
Wishmaker Jirachi

You are my hero :eek:

Name is Anto and male. Do you also need the trainer ID?

lupinko

You are my hero :eek:

Name is Anto and male. Do you also need the trainer ID?

No, because I can't make that, this isn't pokegen here. Lol

I'll get those done for you. :)

Dream radar pokes and Jirachi are level 5 and Celebi is level 10.

If you are starting a new game, then XY is going to be a more interesting playthrough for you.

Muku

Actually I have a few shiny pokemon but all of them were from the wild, I never got one from an egg. First time I did friend safari, I got a shiny Quagsire. I am for sure doing different stuff when grinding eggs but man even with hatching power and a flame body pokemon, it goes fast but I just wish at this point I could hatch eggs and they go to the pc, or I didn't have to have a free slot to receive eggs. Even with the charm it still feels really time consuming huh? Man, I wont give up though ill keep trying.

I never had luck with shinies in wild or bred until this generation. :( But once I got that bug it kicked me hard, haha.

Thing about hatching power is you can reach a point eggs are finishing quick enough that after a few go's at it, you still haven't regenerated enough to pop it, sometimes leaving times without it. I really wish, but can understand why they don't, allow us to release Pokemon from our party.

Hope your first go around doesn't take too long. The ones that take exceptionally long are soul crushing to be honest. I've had a few be that way: Ponyta, Zorua, Piplup, Pichu. Funny enough after several long sessions with Porygon, and thousands of eggs I'm sure at this point, I've still not gotten a shiny Porygon. I figure when things take too long it's better to swap to something else and hope for best. My hopes for Porygon are so low right now.

Hachitora

I usually watch tv while I hatch pokemon. If I want to play games, I find something to stick my d-pad down and leave my dude biking around the tower in Lumiose :p Only problem with that though is that if you're watching tv, you might miss if it's shiny if the color swap is too subtle. I've been trying for a shiny Froakie and I have to keep checking because I can't tell the difference that easily.

Azuran

Banned
No, because I can't make that, this isn't pokegen here. Lol

I'll get those done for you. :)

Dream radar pokes and Jirachi are level 5 and Celebi is level 10.

If you are starting a new game, then XY is going to be a more interesting playthrough for you.

Sweet, thanks a lot :D

I just started a couple of weeks ago. Still trying to get up to date with all the new stuff in these games.

I never had luck with shinies in wild or bred until this generation. :( But once I got that bug it kicked me hard, haha.

I still remember when I got my first wild shiny, without Soft Resetting. My friend was playing on my Diamond game, IIRC, for about 50 seconds. It was his first venture into Pokemon, since he never had a Gameboy or a DS before. While he was playing I was talking to my other friend, then I heard him say to me: "Hey, something's wrong with this guy. He's different." I was like, what the hell? Then I got the game on my own hands and almost broke down into pure rage, since the bastard got a shiny within a friggin minute of playtime.

EDIT: It was a shiny Machoke.

EDIT2: My first one with soft resetting though was a Treecko in my Sapphire game. Managed to get a Mudkip shiny too after a while, and I still have both of them with me, unevolved, like objetcts inside a glass case. Being able to bring them to my OR game and then use the Mega Stones on them will be something special to me.

Thing about hatching power is you can reach a point eggs are finishing quick enough that after a few go's at it, you still haven't regenerated enough to pop it, sometimes leaving times without it. I really wish, but can understand why they don't, allow us to release Pokemon from our party.

Hope your first go around doesn't take too long. The ones that take exceptionally long are soul crushing to be honest. I've had a few be that way: Ponyta, Zorua, Piplup, Pichu. Funny enough after several long sessions with Porygon, and thousands of eggs I'm sure at this point, I've still not gotten a shiny Porygon. I figure when things take too long it's better to swap to something else and hope for best. My hopes for Porygon are so low right now.

Yeah I got hatching power almost at level 3 now. I understand why they won't allow us to release Pokemon from our party. I mean its a prevention so the younger audience won't get stuck but, at the same time it is kind of annoying. This would be much faster if you could release them from the party but oh well. Hopefully you still get your shiny Porygon though!

I usually watch tv while I hatch pokemon. If I want to play games, I find something to stick my d-pad down and leave my dude biking around the tower in Lumiose :p Only problem with that though is that if you're watching tv, you might miss if it's shiny if the color swap is too subtle. I've been trying for a shiny Froakie and I have to keep checking because I can't tell the difference that easily.

Well my main problem with hatching is that you still have to press A to get passed the "Oh?" hatching message, this would be painless if I didn't have to do that lol. Yeah the color pallets that are only a shade difference is kind of hard to notice that's for sure.

Muku

Shiny Froakie was so difficult to tell I didn't realize I'd gotten one until the rest of the batch hatched and I looked over it afterward. Some of those palettes are too darn small of changes.

Thank you for Porygon wishes. One day... one day... :)

JoeM86

New event announced...for NORTH AMERICA!

First, there will be an online distribution of Heracross and Pinsir in the games from August 13th to September 17th 2014.
Second, if you go to Gamestop from August 18th to August 31st 2014, you will be able to receive a serial code to download their Mega Stones, the Heracronite and Pinsirite.

lupinko

New event announced...for NORTH AMERICA!

First, there will be an online distribution of Heracross and Pinsir in the games from August 13th to September 17th 2014.
Second, if you go to Gamestop from August 18th to August 31st 2014, you will be able to receive a serial code to download their Mega Stones, the Heracronite and Pinsirite.

Zomg, I still get those since they're online.

But lol @ GameStop, really?

Well it's ok, the event mon are what matter.

JoeM86

Zomg, I still get those since they're online.

But lol @ GameStop, really?

Well it's ok, the event mon are what matter.

Yeah I lol'd at that. It made me second guess posting the event because it seemed weird and I thought someone may be punking me. Then I saw on twitter another person with the magazine.

Muku

What a silly event. Pokemon online, then stones at GameStop? o_O Why not just offer them at GameStop? Will get them in any case since it's online, but just weird. Don't so much care about their stones to begin with. Should they really have put stones at GameStop? Are there enough folks that care that will stop by just for that?

lupinko

There's a shiny Jirachi now? Hope TPC distributes it here.
I was pretty bummed out I couldn't transfer my old one

Shiny Jirachi isn't even everywhere in Japan, it's only for one specific PC due to a yearly festival.

What a silly event. Pokemon online, then stones at GameStop? o_O Why not just offer them at GameStop? Will get them in any case since it's online, but just weird. Don't so much care about their stones to begin with. Should they really have put stones at GameStop? Are there enough folks that care that will stop by just for that?

I was going to complain but both of us can get these even though we are in Japan.

lupinko

This is a key thing people keep forgetting. I keep seeing people say it's not fair that Japan gets it, when it's such a limited release.

And with that said, I will be going to my Pokemon Center later today to buy a chibi Jirachi and Manaphy, while getting via local wireless Pokeball Vivillon
and Shiny Jirachi. It's on like donkey kong! :D

Can't wait for Shiny Christmas Victini.

Muku

I don't get why you replied to my post

I think it was to make a point that it's only in one small area of Japan. So not even all of Japan gets it. TPC could release it elsewhere at some point, but I imagine Japanese folks would feel a bit jilted since if you don't live in Tohoku, you don't get it. Point is it's a release but only for a festival in one small part here.

one_kill

Because Shiny Jirachi is only a super limited event, just mentioning it again.

Not for you in particular but in general since its original announcement made the internet get angry.
We get it. Doesn't mean we can't say that we want it or complain that it's exclusive.

Zeroxysm

How come I can't find Pokemon X anywhere but I can find Y everywhere?

Do that many people want X over Y?

I know literally nothing about X/Y, last games I played were Diamond/Pearl.

ramparter

Banned
How come I can't find Pokemon X anywhere but I can find Y everywhere?

Do that many people want X over Y?

I know literally nothing about X/Y, last games I played were Diamond/Pearl.

Strange, I thought it was the other way around, Pokemon X seemed to be more available in the used market here in Greece and I think the same was for ebay uk. Also in local stores X can be found for a little cheaper.

lol, I just realized that I forgot to get Fancy Vivillon.

I was right to be worried I would forget after all!

Wha--?!

I can give you one if you want.

I was aiming for a full box of them, but was too busy to do that. However I do have a dozen or so.

Speaking of events, Taiwan is also jumping on the Mega Charizard serial code bandwagon. If you're interested in grabbing a code, please check this page.

The question this time is here
and the answer is Dedenne
(you can answer in Chinese, English or Japanese).

Muku

Speaking of events, Taiwan is also jumping on the Mega Charizard serial code bandwagon. If you're interested in grabbing a code, please check this page.

The question this time is here
and the answer is Dedenne
(you can answer in Chinese, English or Japanese).

Thought about it... but I'll stay outta this one so hopefully folks who haven't been able to get one can snag one of these. I'm happy with my Corocoro and HK Lizardons. :D

Yeah, and think it's pretty cool you mentioned it, because I didn't know about the HK or this one. :) I appreciate it. Though I was tempted to do this one LOL

Yeah, they are pretty obscure events.

Although, I think the temptation is pretty strong this time since 868 people have "joined" the event and it's only been 6 hours or so.

Looks like this event will get filled before 12 hours are up , unlike the Hong Kong one which carried on past the first day...

redhairedking

I can be online during those times I think.

Did you want giga drain and water pulse on the Celebi too? Also neutral?

I think I can be available to trade in a couple hours and should be able to get you the Scatterbug by tomorrow if all goes well. If I could get a giga drain and water pulse Celebi as well that would be awesome! And yes, neutral for both if you could.

lupinko

Ok, I'm about to go to bed, but I'll just share this with PokeGAF.

Now before I continue, I will issue this strict warning. This is only going to be one time and one time only, if you decide to ignore this and send me PMs, then I'll return the favour and ignore you back, resulting in no trading with me whatsoever, so no 5IV spares, no farmed Dream Radar Legendaries, no farmed Wishmaker Jirachi, no farmed Ageto Celebi, no farmed Hayley Mew, and no in the near future farmed 6th Generation Events whenever I get a backup device.

So as some of you may know, I also live in Japan, but unlike our friend Muku here, I actually live in Tohoku. And we all know what is happening at that local Pokemon Center for this month.

kC0RRN9.jpg

So at the lobby of the department store, you can pick up Pokeball Vivillon, whereas for Jirachi, you actually have to go to the next floor up to the PC to get that event.

U6mZpOF.jpg

Here they decorated the store for the event.

XrONXf7.jpg

This is a Tanabata display decoration for Jirachi in the store, this is also known as the star festival if I recall correctly. And in this part of Japan, the festival is most special and probably the Pokemon Company also does this for tourism related things I guess or something.

UKGdQB1.jpg

On my way out they had the lobby display pretty much done.

ynjjwF1.jpg

Obviously I wouldn't go to this event and not pick up the event distributions. Also I decided to finally pick up some plushes, much to my chagrin.

rs0yeQz.jpg

And here's my Japanese X cart, which will be used to farm events later on.

spZOiT9.jpg

Not to derail my own post but these are sitting in Pearl and LeafGreen respectively.

Now this event will last for the month, and I will be going back to get a bunch more for uncloned / non-powersaves other region event trades elsewhere.

With that said, there will be no cloning of my events, and at this time I need to complete my trades first before doing anything else.

But the month is still young so don't worry, be
Shiny
Jirachi! =)

Oh right, lastly there were a lot of people this evening at the event, people of all ages, men, women and children. I saw one dude with 50 carts, yes 50, the guy had like two boxes. I guess people sent him their carts or something because some of the local passerbys were coming up as United States or something. The designated play area is at the entrance of the store, and there was a group of revolving people.

Muku

Holy crap, I never thought about it, but you could probably make money by having folks send their carts to you to get them Shiny Jirachi. Haha.

lupinko

Holy crap, I never thought about it, but you could probably make money by having folks send their carts to you to get them Shiny Jirachi. Haha.

Yeah I thought about that, but that is like Diablo item selling shit, also I don't want any PayPal payback issues with flaky people. And the sending carts thing is out of the question for me.

I know it's normal here in Japan to bring out the 3ds and game at a place like this but I wouldn't do what that guy did. X(

Top Bottom