• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Dead Man

Ok, I don't hate it in all cars, but most powerful cars are just no fun on it for me. I'm fine with BTCC style cars but anything more and it's just a chore of a track.
Yeah, it's awesome in touring cars or normal road cars, in LMP's it's a bit silly. Part of the problem is the GT progression where almost all the decent quality racing is in the LMP races towards the end and they force you into some silly tracks at times.

TTG

Well, that's good criticism, but it would come off much better if this wasn't on screen while he was delivering it:

driving.jpg

:/

Dilly

Banned
This thread sometimes reads as the diary of someone who has an abusive spouse.

"It'll get better! He said he'll change!"

p3n

I remember a long server maintenance without update a few days before 2.0 update on GT5 was released. But I guess that will not be the case here.

Niks

Its been 8 months since the release of GT6... let that sink in.

I still remember the one track a month dlc quote... that was a good laugh.

That's just another method of visualising the logged data. There's nothing to indicate google maps has anything to do with the course maker.

it's happening, mate.

gps course maker will use the satellite images from google - it will then process the image and kml data to identify points, after it's crunched the kml data to build your layout, it will then populate the environment with chosen theme assets to get a similar look as the real world location.

greatness awaits!

FlyingCheese

Neo Member
it's happening, mate.

gps course maker will use the satellite images from google - it will then process the image and kml data to identify points, after it's crunched the kml data to build your layout, it will then populate the environment with chosen theme assets to get a similar look as the real world location.

greatness awaits!

thanks for ruining the unreleased course maker, i'm sure whatever comes out, it won't be anything like this. it would rock so hard if it was true

Am I out of my fucking mind, or is the Enzo Ferrari one of the shittiest super cars in the game? I suck with it, sure, but even when I feel like I did a really clean lap, I can get a better time with a car of similar PP level.

EDIT: Yuss, new chrome color. To call the Pagani Huayra godly would be an understatement.

Navid

I don't doubt that they can deliver better engine noises and sound than GT6 (though that doesn't really make you best in class either) but whats I find really interesting is when he mentions being best in class in terms of crash physics, I have yet to see a 'sim' get that stuff right.

Though judging by the crash that happens at around 3.56min into that same video, it doesn't really fill me with confidence that these guys are doing anything special in terms of contact and damage... wait and see I guess.

paskowitz

I don't doubt that they can deliver better engine noises and sound than GT6 (though that doesn't really make you best in class either) but whats I find really interesting is when he mentions being best in class in terms of crash physics, I have yet to see a 'sim' get that stuff right.

Though judging by the crash that happens at around 3.56min into that same video, it doesn't really fill me with confidence that these guys are doing anything special in terms of contact and damage... wait and see I guess.

GRiD (1) was about the only game to have convincing crashes.

The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is such an odd car. Acceleration is monstrous. Just absolutely untouchable. But not only that, it's virtually impossible for it to lose traction, even on non-racing tires. I'd floor it out of tight turns, and never lose the back end.

Yet, it's extremely light, but can't turn. Is it possible to tweak the suspension to make it turn? This thing could be just absurd if I could get it to turn. (It's still pretty damn good, despite not being able to turn)

Mascot

An enforced lay-off means I'm back to zero on my log-in credits multipler.

Bah! Such a stupid concept. It's reduced my incentive to play.

amar212

An enforced lay-off means I'm back to zero on my log-in credits multipler.

Bah! Such a stupid concept. It's reduced my incentive to play.

Changing the time zonw in the console solves that within one hour if you can catch the Bishkek offset where there are 4 timezones in one hour period in 15-mins incresements.

Mascot

Changing the time zonw in the console solves that within one hour if you can catch the Bishkek offset where there are 4 timezones in one hour period in 15-mins incresements.

Sounds like a lot of faffing just to get some pretend money to buy pretend cars.

Think I'll just hotlap my Z4 at RBR until GT7 comes out.

Mascot

It is done in one hour Mascot ;)

Ah, I might give it a go. But then I'll be locked again into that ridiculous cycle of making sure I boot GT6 up every day to avoid fiscal punishment.

BTW, since I got my new display for the cockpit I see what you mean about 1080p in GT6, Amar. It's a world away from the 720p dot-matrix ditherfest. Framerate doesn't seem to suffer too badly, either.

paskowitz

I find it very interesting that GT6 sales figures are not published in any way. The 70m mentioned in the piece is still GT1-5. This was mentioned on GTPlanet as well. 2.25m downloads would likely represent about 90% of the active GT6 player base. I wonder what percentage this is of total GT6 sales. 50%? 75%?

All we know is that the game sold 440.000 retail copies in Europe during H1 2014. Considering that the game came out in December 2013, you might as well round it up to 1M (depending how strong or weak the launch was).

That is not a lot.

paskowitz

All we know is that the game sold 440.000 retail copies in Europe during H1 2014. Considering that the game came out in December 2013, you might as well round it up to 1M (depending how strong or weak the launch was).

That is not a lot.

Considering GT6 was arguably one of the worst entries in the series (from the perspective that it didn't change much from GT5 and in some cases, went backwards), I actually am happy it did not sell well. Nothing is more humbling and jolting than bad sales numbers. Hopefully this acts as positive motivation for Kaz and team to change their approach for GT7.

RaijinFY

That is not a lot.

Where did you get that figure?

Jilt

This might help, only estimates, but still:

Early sales figures for Gran Turismo 6 suggest that it’s selling at a much slower rate than series predecessor Gran Turismo 5. In just over a month since release, sales figure tracker ******** reports a total of 2,077,064 units sold globally – compared to GT5′s 5,066,169 units sold between November 27th and December 25th 2010.

Source: http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/01/14/gran-turismo-6-sold-almost-3-million-fewer-copies-in-its-opening-month-than-gran-turismo-5/

Trying to install the game at a friend, but patch installation is taking an eternity and was stuck at 2 min aprox. And standing still for 90 mins. Restarted the ps3 and now it's telling us to wait 800 min. My friend is telling me the patches download took about 3 hours and installation has benn taking the last 4 hours.

Is this normal?

le-seb

Sadly, yes.

There's a bunch of patches to download (game is now v1.11 if I'm not mistaken), and a few of them are weighting more than 1 GB.
Basically, you're stuck waiting for the patches to download and install, one at a time, until you're up to date.

Dead Man

DerZuhälter;127750180 said:
Trying to install the game at a friend, but patch installation is taking an eternity and was stuck at 2 min aprox. And standing still for 90 mins. Restarted the ps3 and now it's telling us to wait 800 min. My friend is telling me the patches download took about 3 hours and installation has benn taking the last 4 hours.

Is this normal?

It's normal for PD.

benzy

That is not a lot.

I wonder how much of an effect on the sales numbers were due to releasing GT6 one week right after two highly anticipated next-gen system launches.

TTG

I don't remember much of a marketing campaign either. You could argue that underwhelming sales numbers are deserved, I probably agree, but no doubt it was compounded by outside factors. The pertinent question now is if they address the issues in the game or if the takeaway is going to be, "well I guess we're not as infallible as we thought, better take a closer look at how/when we release the next one."

Watevaman

Would like access to said editor if possible when its released. As much as I enjoy gt6, it will be much more enjoyable with these tools.

amar212

GT6 is dead.
Save game data has been decrypted

free credits, all cars, hybrids, special menu, etc for all...

Damn, everything will be even more delayed now.

In another perspective, congrats to the guy from programmers point of view, GT6 was the only console game ever with the 2-layer security.

Mobius 1

I'm convinced that development has moved on to whatever Polyphony is planning for PS4. Either a prologue, a remaster of GT6 or straight up GT7 proper.

I have no evidence for this and am talking our of my arse.

Top Bottom