• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBadger

Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

I've heard similar things from a similar source but I'm convinced they just did what the /v/ guy did with his DLC claim. They got the screenshots from a 3rd party and made up a load of other stuff because people would believe them if they had the screenshots. (Talking about my source not yours). That's been my belief for every Ridley claim, because Sakurai showed him as a boss ages ago.

beanman25

tumblr_nbr1iqjXTj1qhbar8o1_1280.png

Entire Roster (+ a few alts, still need to do more alts)

I call sleepy villager when it's ready!

But people will view it a waste.

Why spend $$$ when it should be in the game or as usual DLC?

Well, as was suggested I imagine it'd be sold to 3DS owners as DLC, maybe at a later date than the Wii U version's release to break a few people. If those 4 characters aren't worth the money to you (and they do limit them to Wii U purchase unlocks) then you miss out.

Kyzer

Banned
People are really having trouble coping. Mad about a 3DS version existing? LOL

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

Ok, well.

Here we go again.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
After seeing DHD/Jr. today

1.-Bowser Jr.
2.-Shulk
3.-DHD
4.-Robin
5.-Megaman
6.-Pacman
7.-Villager
8.-WFT
9.-Palutena
10.-Pittoo
11.-Lucina
12.-Mii Fighters
13.-Rosalina
14.-Little Mac
15.-Greninja

Holy shit, we got 15 newcomers, amazing.

18 if you count the separate Mii's, right?

73V3N

Banned
I'm sorry, even if your friend isn't trolling you or not.

Ufbr5ej.gif

Because the 3DS version clearly states "The true All-Star Mode is unlocked" when everyone is unlocked. I would love to be wrong, but let's be real here.

If it didn't state that everyone would keep trying to unlock things that they can't unlock until Smash Wii U releases.

Come on, man. Ridley was one of THE most requested characters. It's easy to say now that the 'other boss characters will appear' reveal was only ever exactly as it read, but there was a layer of ambiguity there. I don't think that can really be denied? Sakurai should have known better than to think people wouldn't read more into that, and I still think if that wasn't his intention he should have revealed it properly in a POTD like he did with Ghirahim so people could have started accepting it a bit sooner.

It's not like this is a small group of people dude. The Smashboards Ridley thread has like 90 thousand posts? Ridley discussion here was never ending. It should not have been allowed to go this far imo.

It went this far because people were overhyped and tried to construct wildly elaborate arguments out of precious little evidence. Sakurai shouldn't be blamed or accused of "trolling" because some people wanted Ridley so badly that they read too much into a three-second video clip.

RagnarokX

I'm sorry, even if your friend isn't trolling you or not.

Ufbr5ej.gif

Because the 3DS version clearly states "The true All-Star Mode is unlocked" when everyone is unlocked. I would love to be wrong, but let's be real here.

I'm not saying that the rumor is true, but do you seriously think they would lock you out of completing All-Star Mode unless you get DLC?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The roster is overall great.

The disgraceful thing is a handheld platform crippling the potential of a console game, and therefore possibly sacrificing Ice Climbers in the name of parity.

But through Popo and Nanas deaths, we gained so much. <3 Bowser Jr.
Doesn't the story go that Sakurai want to make a portable Smash and Iwata managed to convince him to make a console one as well.

okay

Jaeger

I love this roster. I'm happy a version is out early. But damn, I am sad that Mewtwo once again didn't make it in. I can't help that. He is one of my favorite characters of any medium.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game, 3DS or Wii U (or both).

Nia

Well, guess I'm going to stay off /v/ for a long time. They're likely crucifying people who wanted Ridley at this moment.

Zeeman

Also, with confirmation that Smash Run is local only, I'm back to unsure whether I'm going to get the 3DS version at all or just wait it out for the Wii U one. I wish we had more info on that one.

JoeInky

Do I recall someone mentioning that the coins you have in the demo transfer to the full game?

Because I've played the demo for 16 hours now and I think it would be pretty fun to see how many coins I ended up with.

RomanceDawn

That's actually the one and only reason why I never posted about his stuff before. But now that the full roster has been revealed and he has literally been right about EVERYTHING for almost a year, I felt like I needed to share this.

Yeah, so it seems. Sorry, horrible example.

You know what? I trust you whole heartedly. Or at the very least I trust that you trust your source. Having a few more characters that are being saved for the Wii U release with some sort of connectivity between the two just makes so much sense to me. For people without both DLC may be in order but to me it's no different than Pokemon or something.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Is this Spainkiller a reputable person?

Is he really a game journalist?

You can google my Twitter name (it's the same as my account name) in combination with the Ground Zeroes thing; I was in Japan together with Egoraptor and some other journalists to be one of the first to play through the entirety of Ground Zeroes.

You can also check my instagram (spnkllr) to see some gaming related pictures. The latest being the "thank you!" screen that you get for beating Bayonetta 2.

My claim might not be 100% accurate - after all, I'm not the source myself - but I, as a person, most definitely am.

RIP forever Ice Climbers :(

Spinluck

How is he worse than Dr. Mario? At least Pittoo is his own character.

This Dark Pit hate is hilarious. There's just something funny about people projecting their disappointment on a fictional character.

God forbid anyone voice any kind of disappointment over a product they will be buying with their own money without this condescending bullshit.

Roster bitching is one thing, but to be this far into the franchise and wait 6yrs just to see Dr. Mario and Dark Pit make it over some characters is lame to some. The disappointment will go away with time, but for now people need to get it out of their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom