• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Not sure if reported before, but "more than an hour" of IMAX footage confirmed.

With Christopher Nolan’s forthcoming film Interstellar, the director of The Dark Knight Trilogy and Inception boldly goes into outer space with his most visually spectacular and emotionally resonant movie yet. We can say that because we’ve seen it.

mother fuckers...

The plot tracks a quartet of astronauts and scientists—and the most unusual robot to grace the screen in years (meet the fall’s breakout star: a mini-monolith of metamorphic Jenga blocks named TARS)—who journey across the universe to search for a new home for mankind: In the near future of the film, Earth is dying, ravaged by blight and environmental ruin.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Bought tickets for Friday, my asshole friend can't make it on 6th so have to wait 1 extra day. Hold me GAF, 3 more week to go.

tumblr_lzu99sHLMO1qmb3vvo1_500.gif

I have to wait till Saturday as I have to trek to Austin for the IMAX screening.

Going to a Drafthouse screening of Inception/Insomnia this Sunday and then the Prestige on the 27th. Pretty excited.

Some select non spoilery qoutes from the Magazine: (they have seen the movie)

- This is Nolan's most audacious movie yet.
- On the Warner Bros lot in Burbank, Nolan sips away at his earl grey at the sound mixing stage.
- Interstellar may have been the movie Nolan was born to make
- Chris Nolan and Jonah Nolan did a rewrite of the original script, especially the middle section and the ending
- Nolan: For me the whole movie is what it means to be about being a dad
- Nolan didnt give Zimmer the plot or the characters. He gave Zimmer a one page letter about the heart of the movie and asked him to compose music for it.
- Nolans wife Emma: "I dont think Chris would have made this movie 12 years ago before we had kids"
- Nolans wife Emma: "Whenever I read Chris's movies are 'unemotional' i dont agree, but i do find this one to be emotional and a lot has to do with Matthew (Mcconaughey;s) performance"
- Coopers character is a departure from the 'unemotional' protagonists or characters in Nolans other movies like Inception or Batman trilogy.
- Nolan is passionate about Terrance Malik and Eastbound and Down
- Through interstellar, Nolan put 'Massive Pressure' on himself to raise his storytelling game
- When the movie was finished, Nolan presented Zimmer with a watch, on the back of which was ascribed " This is not the time for caution"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dang at that shot in the IMAX trailer as the title fades in that the end. That is going to be MAJESTIC.

xam3l

Some select non spoilery qoutes from the Magazine: (they have seen the movie)
- Chris Nolan and Jonah Nolan did a rewrite of the original script, especially the middle section and the ending

Awwww C'mon!!!! -.-'

I hope it's not too different... This is the first time my hype for this movie has decreased.

Guzim

Seeing it on digital IMAX on the 6th at 8 PM then on the 8th I am taking the train to NYC and seeing it on IMAX 70mm.

TheXbox

Got my ticket for an 8 o'clock show on the 4th. Apparently it's like a dome-shaped thing, and although I've never been to this place I've been some to something similar. Should be fucking crazy.

Mœbius

I've got my IMAX tickets booked for the 9th; would have liked to catch it opening night but I'm not going to pay that much money for a seat right on the side and front row.... I'll take that sweet central spot please. :D

Can't wait!

Betty

Banned
As long as it's critically well received I doubt Nolan and co will mind if it's not a box office sensation, it's bound to make back it's budget at the very least though.

There was an exhibitor screening today in NY, IMAX 70mm. Reactions I received:

"The film's narrative relies so firmly on hard science, that it might prove perplexing to some audiences, particularly with regard to black holes."

It's "amazing" and has "mind blowing visuals" and Zimmer's church organ-based score is very different for him.

Non-plot spoilers about the thematic idea of the ending:

It's a visual metaphor like 2001.

Cerberus

Assuming the teaser music doesn't make it in, the music in the IMAX trailer is probably our first preview of Zimmer's score for the movie.

DMczaf

"The film's narrative relies so firmly on hard science, that it might prove perplexing to some audiences, particularly with regard to black holes."

It's "amazing" and has "mind blowing visuals" and Zimmer's church organ-based score is very different for him.

That's more like it.

This will be this generations 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom