• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

『Inaba Resident』;135176023 said:
IIRC, he's apparently been in the industry for years or something and wouldn't risk his credibility on trying to fake info I think
He claimed he was a game journalist, but do we even know if that parts true? Furthermore, the only reason he gave for believing his source was stuff related to a leak with no credibility that people had gotten mixed up with a correct leak

FZZ

Banned
AxBOSuA.png

It's time to settle this.

#HYPE

#BELIEVE

My Ridley is ready

I just don't get why people are setting themselves up for disappointment. It'd be cool to have those characters in, but there's literally zero pieces of reliable evidence to suggest that's the case.

Honestly, all I need is a set of cool Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo trailers.

Anyone who is expecting DLC news is mad, honestly. Talk about setting yourself up for disappointment.

Poor Spainkiller. You guys keep bringing him up. Everyone's going to hate him when it turns out to be false.

On the one hand I think anyone posting leaks they don't have massive evidence to support is an idiot and deserves the hate if the leak is wrong. On the other hand, people should really no better than to get their hopes up because of a vague promise from a random dude on the internet. Wouldn't even surprise me if he was making it up completely for shits and giggles though, given that I haven't ever seen any evidence that he was actually a game journalist aside from his own claims. Honestly, I don't think anyone would believe him at all if not for the fact that they're so desperate for what he said to be true that they'll latch onto anything

NotLiquid

I just don't get why people are setting themselves up for disappointment. It'd be cool to have those characters in, but there's literally zero pieces of reliable evidence to suggest that's the case.

I mean, there's evidence from the cartridge to support that there might be some sort of DLC in the works, but there's really no saying when (or even if) that'll come into fruition, let alone for the launch of the Wii U version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not sure if I should make a thread or not for this.

Remember this picture.

hyuGj2v.png
q9NYd0L.png

Yeah, it's the motivation that kept people going on to find more information in the data. People kept searching for more hints so they found some information so PushDustin found something in Smash 3DS data. I'm going to copy and paste the content that was posted in other forum.

All information should be credit to PushDustin.

『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS』 のついか追加データをSDカードにつく作ります
SDカードがさ差さっていません でんげん電源をき切って SDカードをさ差してください
SDカードをにんしき認識できませんでした でんげん電源をき切って SDカードをさ差しなおしてください
ついか追加データがこわれているため SDカードに 『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS』 のついか追加データをつく作りなお直します
SDカードをにんしき認識できませんでした

= Messages to create data for DLC

(きょうゆう)共有 is the name of the handshake icon in Japanese, which means to have jointly/ to share.

ショップ(きのう)機能 is the DLC store.

Proof that the game has code to load character and stage DLC:

ui/replace/customize/spi_10
ui/script/lib
ui/replace/field
ui/replace
ui/replace/image
ui/replace/stage
ui/replace/profile
ui/replace/figure
ui/replace/customize
test/lumen/resource_font/FOLKH_Light/FOLKH_Light.brf
ui/replace/image/com_bg_d_img
effect/ui
ui/replace/mark
ui/script/util
ui/replace/item
ui/font/lumen
ui/script/app
ui/replace/popup
ui/replace/clear
ui/replace/chr
test
ui/replace/category

The shop will appear on the main menu. There is an extra Nintendo Network logo that I believe is unused.

SMASHOnlineSmash RunGames & MoreChallengeWii UStreetPassTest your skills in classic Smash! Challenge the CPU or nearby players.Connect to the Internet, and test your skills against your friends and the world!Collect boosts in a vast labyrinth to prepare for an epic final battle!Solo and group games, plus Training, custom fighters, the Vault, and more!Take on challenges and win prizes!Connect to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.A StreetSmash of epic proportions! Defeat your rivals and win prizes!ChallengesNotificationsShop

In Japanese it will be called the "Notification Shop"

だいらんとう大乱闘インターネットフィールドスマッシュいろんなあそびクリアゲッターWii Uすれちがいきほん基本となる だいらんとう大乱闘! ひとりでも ちか近くにいるひと人とでもネットをつう通じた だいらんとう大乱闘! フレンドとも せかいじゅう世界中のひと人たちとでもきょだい巨大なせんじょう戦場をか駆けめぐり さいしゅうせん最終戦にいど挑む パワーアップがた型 アクションゲーム!ひとりで みんなで キャラづく作り きょうぎじょう競技場やコレクションもこちらじっせき実績におう応じて ごほうびをゲット!『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Wii U』とのれんどう連動はこちらすれちがいつうしん通信で ライバルをはじきだせ! お落としたかず数で ごほうびゲットクリアゲッターしらせショップに行く

Also I think PushDustin found those following in Wii U Connectivity section. Take a good look at the bolded words.

Connect to a Wii U
 Look for Wii U
Searching for nearby Wii U consoles...
Found [VAR] Wii U consoles!
 Search again
Connecting to [VAR]'s Wii U console...
Connected to [VAR]'s Wii U console.
is available!
is connected.
Please wait for the Wii U console.
Tap to select an option.
Disconnect
Allow copying of customized characters?
No
Yes
Go to the Nintendo 3DS connection screen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Wii U
You can exchange custom fighters or use your Nintendo 3DS as a Wii U controller.
Copying of customized characters disabled.
Copying of customized characters enabled.
Found a Wii U console!
A Challenger Approaches!

Japanese

/!Wii Uにつなげる Wii Uをさが探すちか近くにあるWii Uをさが探していますWii Uが

だい台みつかりました!
 もういちどさが探す
“[VAR]”のWii Uにつないでいます…
“[VAR]”のWii Uにつながりました
のWii Uにつなげる
のWii Uにせつぞくちゅう接続中
Wii Uがだいらんとう大乱闘にはい入るまでおま待ちください
タッチしてせんたく選択してください
せつぞく接続をき切る
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可
しない
する
『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Wii U』で 「3DSとつなぐ」のがめん画面にすす進んでください
Wii U
3DSほんたい本体をWii Uにせつぞく接続して カスタマイズキャラを やりとりしたり コントローラーとしてつか使うことができます
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可しない
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可する
Wii Uが1だい台みつかりました!
挑戦者があらわれました

PushDustin's conclusion

The game uses pictures (EFF and BCO for Japanese and English) to animate "A Challenger Appears" on the top screen, so since there is a text version in the dump, either characters are unlocked through connecting to the Wii U, or it will display the text when a character is purchased through the store. Even though I hate to admit it, it's most likely connected to the Wii U menu as there is no other text for the store (it'll probably connect to the E-Shop, or download the page from the Internet). However, there are no additional characters files in the game which severely hurts the chances of this being the case (as the 3DS would have to download quite a bit of data from the Wii U in order to utilize the character).

The 3DS can be used as a controller in 8 player Smash for the Wii U, based on the pictures with the file names: 29CE and 279A (Essentially: the 1-8 Player Icons, and numbers with pictures of 8 fighters). Files with CFC13 are the menu pictures (posted above).

I'm going to add my feedback on it. That would make sense why Smash 3DS' Download Package said that it required 2.1GB awhile the game that we downloaded were 1.1GB or so. I'm not saying that it would happens but who know.

SNAKE HYPE

TOWER OF SMASH

BETTER NETCODE

W101 STAGE

SANTA IS REAL

Tower of smash should be pretty much dead. Unlike the gematsu stuff which if real clearly came from early in the development cycle, that leak clearly had to have come from a near final version of the wii u game so getting even a single thing wrong is pretty much a death sentence. And it's already missed the great cave offensive as well as being wrong about all characters unlocked from the start in Wii U (based on a partial roster pick on the amiibo page of the website)

G0523

Might want to change the title to October 23 unless you want to see a bunch of people posting that they thought it was on the 24th.

I mean, there's evidence from the cartridge to support that there might be some sort of DLC in the works, but there's really no saying when (or even if) that'll come into fruition, let alone for the launch of the Wii U version.

That literally means nothing since it could be there in case they plan it in the future, or the planned DLC characters/stages could be completely different. That's evidence that DLC could come at some point, but it isn't evidence as to when or how it will come. If anything, the data mine should be damning evidence against the spainkiller stuff, since if you could unlock Ridley and the rest by syncing with the Wii U, the data would HAVE to already exist on the cartridge

Clefargle

Remember this picture.

hyuGj2v.png
q9NYd0L.png

Yeah, it's the motivation that kept people going on to find more information in the data. People kept searching for more hints so they found some information so PushDustin found something in Smash 3DS data. I'm going to copy and paste the content that was posted in other forum.

The shop will appear on the main menu. There is an extra Nintendo Network logo that I believe is unused.

Also I think PushDustin found those following in Wii U Connectivity section. Take a good look at the bolded words.

Japanese

PushDustin's conclusion

I'm going to add my feedback on it. That would make sense why Smash 3DS' Download Package said that it required 2.1GB awhile the game that we downloaded were 1.1GB or so. I'm not saying that it would happens but who know.

Looks thread worthy to me Heath, it's as close to direct dlc confirmation as we have gotten yet! Hype

Fandangox

Tower of smash should be pretty much dead. Unlike the gematsu stuff which if real clearly came from early in the development cycle, that leak clearly had to have come from a near final version of the wii u game so getting even a single thing wrong is pretty much a death sentence. And it's already missed the great cave offensive as well as being wrong about all characters unlocked from the start in Wii U (based on a partial roster pick on the amiibo page of the website)

Santa is real should have kind of gace away the fact that I am just making a joke hype post with stuff I find to be unlikely in the game.

The "A challenger approaches" thing is probably just syncing the games unlocks any characters you have on the one on the other if they aren't already unlocked there. See no reason to believe it's anything else

Muzy72

Banned
1. Ridley
2. Ridley
3. Ridley
4. Ridley
5. Ridley
6. Ridley
7. Ridley
8. Ridley
9. Ridley
10. Ridley
11. Ridley
12. Ridley
13. Ridley
14. Ridley
15. Ridley
16. Ridley
17. Ridley
18. Ridley
19. Ridley
20. Ridley
21. Ridley
22. Ridley
23. Ridley
24. Ridley
25. Ridley
26. Ridley
27. Ridley
28. Ridley
29. Ridley
30. Ridley
31. Ridley
32. Ridley
33. Ridley
34. Ridley
35. Ridley
36. Ridley
37. Ridley
38. Ridley
39. Ridley
40. Ridley
41. Ridley
42. Ridley
43. Ridley
44. Ridley
45. Ridley
46. Ridley
47. Ridley
48. Ridley
49. is a stage hazard
50. Menus

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
It would be pretty cool if the Wii U version introduced more custom special move choices that would roll over to the 3DS version as DLC.

Even BETTER if they were completely new moves, instead of variants like they are now. For Ness, gimme:

PK Teleport (Up B) - Ness enters a portal and comes out charred and smoky. Reentry can damage an opponent heavily if it connects. Can be aimed like Zelda/Shiek's teleport.

PK Hypnosis (Side B) - Ness directs a short distance psychic wave at an opponent. (Think of Jiggly's Rest but with a slighly larger range and lower recovery time in order to follow up with an additional move) Makes them fall asleep temporarily, longer at higher percentages.

PK Flash (Neutral B) - Same as the original one but with randomized effects like the game. Either delivers horrendous damage and knockback, stuns the opponent (shield break) or small damage accumulates over time (reminiscent of Lip's Stick)

PK Shield (Down B) - Creates a light shield of psychic energy around Ness that must be "charged" until its complete. (something new I added to it) Halves damage and lessens knockback on 1-3 attacks received from an opponent depending on how long it has charged for. Barely charging it halves damage/knockback on one attack and fully charging it halves damageknockback for 3 attacks until the shield dissipates.

PK Rockin' (Final Smash) - Ness sends out a large range omnidirectional shockwave from his body. Anyone caught in it activates the Final Smash. PK Rockin activates, attacking the opponents with a glorious barrage of colorful and vivid psychic blasts with visuals similar to the game itself. Causes massive damage and knockback.

Might make him OP, but so what...a man can dream, can't he?

Neiteio

Remember this picture.

hyuGj2v.png
q9NYd0L.png

Japanese

PushDustin's conclusion

I'd say this merits its own thread

NotLiquid

That literally means nothing since it could be there in case they plan it in the future, or the planned DLC characters/stages could be completely different. That's evidence that DLC could come at some point, but it isn't evidence as to when or how it will come. If anything, the data mine should be damning evidence against the spainkiller stuff, since if you could unlock Ridley and the rest by syncing with the Wii U, the data would HAVE to already exist on the cartridge

Spainkiller said that syncing consoles to unlock characters was his own personal theory. The only thing he was absolutely sure about was the characters he mentioned. That aside, if the data was offered as DLC it doesn't have to be on the cart. The unaccounted for storage space is still a mystery.

Spainkiller said that syncing consoles to unlock characters was his own personal theory. That aside, if the data was offered as DLC it doesn't have to be on the cart. The unaccounted for storage space is still a mystery.

I'm aware. But spainkiller never once suggested DLC. He suggested it was already there. And again, there's still literally zero reason to believe spainkiller. Also, any method that doesn't go through the eshop really would require it to be on cart. Especially since the 3DS requires you to go through the eshop to obtain things like patches as well

Sadist

I'm hoping for an opening movie.

Sounds extremely silly, I know, but man the opening for both Melee and Brawl are fun. Gets me in the mood for some Smashing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oooooh interesting Intelliheath! One thing that this may allude to is that when you sync your 3DS to the Wii U game, it may unlock all the characters for you which is pretty amazing. Possible shared DLC from the Wii U though..

I'd say this merits its own thread

Well, Aaronrules could be right about it that it could meant for characters being unlocked instantly by hooked up between 3DS version and Wii U version.

Well, on second through, I might make a new thread because people wouldn't check last few pages for information. I hope that people are being cautious with their hypes.

NotLiquid

I'm aware. But spainkiller never once suggested DLC. He suggested it was already there. And again, there's still literally zero reason to believe spainkiller. Also, any method that doesn't go through the eshop really would require it to be on cart. Especially since the 3DS requires you to go through the eshop to obtain things like patches as well

He didn't mention DLC because he doesn't know in what capacity the characters exist other than "they exist". The datamining also explicitly mentions an in-game DLC shop. Who knows, maybe linking the console to a Wii U allows you to download some potential material for free.

Hence why the datamining explicitly mentions an in-game DLC shop, because who knows, maybe linking the console to a Wii U allows you to download some potential material for free.

DLC shops on Nintendo systems always lead back to the eshop though. It always works through the eshop. And the claim was that there were moving models already in the 3DS version. If that was true, we'd have found it by datamining. The facts are no such models exist, spainkiller has never had any credibility whatsoever, and people only latched onto his bullshit because they wanted it to be true

ec0ec0

The main menu of smash 4...

Not only its awkward to use, its also ugly.

I know, theres a lot of people who like sakurais wife menus.

Sounds extremely silly, I know, but man the opening for both Melee and Brawl are fun. Gets me in the mood for some Smashing.

It ain't silly, brah. It feels kinda sedated, starting up the game without an opening in the 3DS version, doesn't it? With an opening, I hope we get a new composition of the main theme or a brand new one as well.

Neiteio

Well, Aaronrules could be right about it that it could meant for characters being unlocked instantly by hooked up between 3DS version and Wii U version.

Well, on second through, I might make a new thread because people wouldn't check last few pages for information. I hope that people are being cautious with their hypes.
You worry too much about people hyping themselves up, Heath. Worst-case scenario, they have momentary disappointment... and then get over it, and accept what's good. :)

Formless

DLC shops on Nintendo systems always lead back to the eshop though. It always works through the eshop. And the claim was that there were moving models already in the 3DS version. If that was true, we'd have found it by datamining. The facts are no such models exist, spainkiller has never had any credibility whatsoever, and people only latched onto his bullshit because they wanted it to be true

Did he specify after his original post that his source saw the models on 3DS?

NotLiquid

You're not exactly refuting anything with the first sentence. That and Spainkiller never specified what "version" they were in. He just said "they were in the game".

Like, I don't really believe him and I don't buy that his words is gospel. But the fact that the game still has unaccounted for space and a bunch of DLC hints in the cart is really hard to ignore.

50 new menu pics.

It ain't silly, brah. It feels kinda sedated, starting up the game without an opening in the 3DS version, doesn't it? With an opening, I hope we get a new composition of the main theme or a brand new one as well.

At the very least the announcer better yell "SUPER SMAAAAASHHH BROTHERRRSS" at the title screen.

Dude, calm down. Nobody here is absolutely latching on to it. Its just part of a fake hype thing for fun. Spainkiller stated that his source saw them in game. He never specified if it was the 3ds version. He's had his account since 2004 so I doubt he'd just give it up like that. Also, he apparently works for Power Unlimited. Googled his name and found his linkedin account.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
New Thread for DLC/Connectivity discussion: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915892

I made a mockup of this last month. There's just enough room for a shop icon on the main menu:

aIc5sMj.png

I remember that. I really hope that it would happens!

Same here.

You worry too much about people hyping themselves up, Heath. Worst-case scenario, they have momentary disappointment... and then get over it, and accept what's good. :)

Yeah, I hate to see people getting disappointed.

Top Bottom