• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nemesis_ probably won't add that to the OP, Yoshi, as there is no real release date.
In the OP, it says that games without release dates will be put in the 'general' tab.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Since nobody has claimed it (and I am GAF's grandmaster of making threads that don't get more then a page of replies) I'll whip up a Lords of Xulima OT.

Rich!

Quick question -

How early am I allowed to post my N3DS OT thread? I want it to coincide with midnight in New Zealand (9am GMT) but at that time I will be away from home. Am I able to post it a couple of hours earlier?

Not sure how strictly the same day rule is being enforced.

maxcriden

Quick question -

How early am I allowed to post my N3DS OT thread? I want it to coincide with midnight in New Zealand (9am GMT) but at that time I will be away from home. Am I able to post it a couple of hours earlier?

Not sure how strictly the same day rule is being enforced.

My general impression is that a few hours early has not been an issue for recent OTs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dawg was kind enough to let me be the volunteer to make the thread for The Witcher 3 despite his earlier claim. Thanks dude.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So Dawg is no longer doing TW3? Who's doing the graphics, VisceralBowl still?
I can do it all by myself. It's only a forum thread, just doing it for fun. It doesn't need 'graphics'. TBH 'graphics' are what make most of these recent OT's gaudy and totally unfun. It's meant to be a place to discuss a game, not market it.

But if someone wants to pm me something they made I'll probably include it.

Coreda

I can do it all by myself. It's only a forum thread, just doing it for fun. It doesn't need 'graphics'. TBH 'graphics' are what make most of these recent OT's gaudy and totally unfun. It's meant to be a place to discuss a game, not market it.

But if someone wants to pm me something they made I'll probably include it.

I've been interested in making the graphics for the thread for months, that's all. Already masked various assets and expressed interest to Dawg previously.

Bit surprising to hear it's planned to be without graphics, considering the type of game it is, but if you feel your version of the thread would be better without them that's okay, I'll claim the OT2 as I spoke to Dawg about.

Levyne

Banned
I think having a header and some banners (and some screenshots) doesn't make an OT too gaudy, but I agree with the general sentiment that some OTs are just too much on that front.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think having a header and some banners (and some screenshots) doesn't make an OT too gaudy, but I agree with the general sentiment that some OTs are just too much on that front.
For sure. There's nothing wrong with some banners or screen shots. They just don't need every known detail and marketing asset crammed into a gigabyte of jpegs. It's soulless and kinda gross honestly.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For sure. There's nothing wrong with some banners or screen shots. They just don't need every known detail and marketing asset crammed into a gigabyte of jpegs. It's soulless and kinda gross honestly.

Sounds more like you are trying to justify your own lack of effort by shitting on others honestly.

I do it out of love for a game. Calling it soulless and gross is a little insulting.

I don't want to derail the thread any further though.

Parakeetman

Phantasy Star Nova (Japan Import / PS Vita) Parakeetman (16th November 2014)

November 27th 2014 Release date.

Plan on making this a fairly simple one as know we wont have that large of an audience considering there is no online mode (Ad-hoc only). But should be a good place for those curious about the title to get info on it. Hopefully give it exposure so SEGA can consider it for the West, since seems pretty obvious they dont want to bring PSO2 out.

SJRB

Gold Member
The Far Cry 4 OT is done, but as I was testing it out just now I came to a harrowing conclusion:

hmIPN91.png

This is a randomly cropped snippet of the OT. There are three images here, a top banner, a screenshot and a bottom banner. I have compliled them folling the basic

[img]
[img]

format, but now these 3-pixel areas of nothingness appear in between the images, resulting in the images not stacking up. This completely butchered the thread, is there a way around this or do I need to adjust my entire OT?

Vert boil

but now these 3-pixel areas of nothingness appear in between the images, resulting in the images not stacking up. This completely butchered the thread, is there a way around this or do I need to adjust my entire OT?

Are you just checking in the thread preview?

If you are, things don't display correctly there. Just find an old post in an open thread and edit the post to see how it will display properly.

kubus

The Far Cry 4 OT is done, but as I was testing it out just now I came to a harrowing conclusion:

This is a randomly cropped snippet of the OT. There are three images here, a top banner, a screenshot and a bottom banner. I have compliled them folling the basic

[img]
[img]

format, but now these 3-pixel areas of nothingness appear in between the images, resulting in the images not stacking up. This completely butchered the thread, is there a way around this or do I need to adjust my entire OT?[/QUOTE]
In preview mode they will appear with a gap between the images, but when you actually post it, they will stack seamlessly.

I recommend digging up an old post you made and use that as a testing ground for your OT. You can then see how it would look if you actually posted it. I do this all the time for my OTs :).

edit: ninja'd ;-;

SJRB

Gold Member
Many thanks for the swift replies, gentlemen. For a moment there I was worried I had to rework everything.

Also, thanks for the tip in regards to using an old post instead of the new thread preview, million times better than having the intense fear of accidentally clicking "submit thread", haha.

Parakeetman

While its not perfect, this is what I use to test code. Only thing is dont refresh the window or all the work goes with it. Or something like that. So just be sure you have whatever you are doing on a separate document file also and do changes there, then re-CNP it into the text box.

http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php?function=bbcodetest

Useful site though, its what Ive used in the process of checking the formatting of all of my more recent OTs.

Dawg

Just don't fill in the title and you never have to worry about accidentally pressing the submit button.

One of the mods told me this once and I've been doing it ever since.

I tend to use the "change an old post" trick too though, just because it gives you the exact result of how the thread would look.

Trouble

Banned
Just don't fill in the title and you never have to worry about accidentally pressing the submit button.

One of the mods told me this once and I've been doing it ever since.

I tend to use the "change an old post" trick too though, just because it gives you the exact result of how the thread would look.

You can't preview the OP without putting in a title, though, can you?

Editing an old post is the smartest way, IMO. That way if you accidentally submit you can just edit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom