• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

NateDrake

The Top 10 is sounding rather unimpressive. With Smash officially placed at more than 485,000 total units in October - less if we don't include digital - we are probably looking at TEW around 400k at the highest combined.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nice to have an update about 3DS million sellers in US.

It's not even that far from the last update we had on the matter, isn't it?

I am at work so I cant shop this, can someone do this for me?

b6i7iKe.gif

WORLDSTAR!

DrkSage

What about Dragon Age and Far Cry? Those are some pretty popular francises
Crap sorry lol, I keep forgetting about those.
Well then now I expect these game to take the 10 positions in the chart: CoD, GTA, smash, FC4, MCC, DA:I,AC:rouge, AC:U(sadly),Pokémon, (probably, not sure) LBP3

sense

Gotta love the internet rage when NPD results are released. Poor Aaron. :(

while that is extreme and i am in no way saying that kind of interaction is ok but lets be real the guy gloated xbox 360 hardware and software sales almost the entire generation so he is going to get some heat. :)

SalvaPot

I wonder how Bayonetta did, I know Best Buy had extra copies since that is how I nabbed mine, and that was the last one. Hopefully its a game that sells constantly (Unlikely, I know).

Now comes November, that thread is going to deliver for sure.

Pennywise

I'm super suprised how the next month will work out.

GTA5 is kinda hard to predict with the already momumental PS3/360 numbers.
AC Unity with alot of backslash, should still have pretty good numbers.
Wondering how the good the reviews and positive user feedback from CoD will work out compared to the lower preorder numbers.
And by which margin the MCC sells better than TLOU remastered, as both seem to be the biggest remastered games out there.

Pranay

PS4 PSN reviews for the Americas:

Evil Within 3320
DC 2927
Fallen 1219
Alien 1605

NBA2K15 6 (wtf?)
Mordor 23875 (wtf2?)

5 minutes of slow as hell PSN + finding out there's a Duck Dynasty game = one of the worst experiences of my life.

lol

Kathian

Banned
The Top 10 is sounding rather unimpressive. With Smash officially placed at more than 485,000 total units in October - less if we don't include digital - we are probably looking at TEW around 400k at the highest combined.

Well software sales did take a big tumble.

Jamix012

That Nintendo million sellers list is great and all but it's kind of obvious why they're going with MM3D next. A brand new game, ALBW, was outsold by a remaster of a game from 1998.

JNA

Banned
People were giving her a hard time for putting the leaks in email tags so only people who quote here can see the numbers.

People were assholes.

She wanted to use a new method of diseminating info. A couple of geniuses began to hound her about how her new method was pointless and that she was making a deal out of nothing.

Then she got fed up with the bullshit, understandably.[/QUOTE]

That's terrible.

It's especially terrible because I think Aqua's idea was a great one too. But even if it wasn't, still no excuse for that crap.

If by any chance you are reading this Aqua, you are missed. :(

LOLOL @
#
Driveclub. I think if any game de
s
erves to be l
a
ughed at this gen as an unmitigated disaste
r
, it's easily that one. Oh, there are worst games
c
ertainly, but few
a
imed so high and fell as low as #Driveclub. It's like
s
eeing a golden chariot in the sky, then taking a few seconds to realize it's a falling piece of debris from a NASA space rocket that's blown up in a thick blanket of clouds. If #Driveclub were a guy, it'd probably have a poster of Forza in its shower locker, just hoping to one day
m
easure up, above and below. A year delay (probably 'cuz it only started dev after that trailer at that February event was shown, lol), network problems out of the gate that persist to this day, demo copy for PS+ members failing to release as promised, piss-poor 70 Metacritic (Horizon 2's got that perfect 86) ....and to top it all off it doesn't even look that good!

With the torrent of bad news I'm not surprised it didn't chart; at this point it'll probably be a PS+ freebie and a standard bundled game ahead of Knack. Hopefully this convinces Soony™ to give better properties like Wipeout or Motor Toon or Crash Team Racing their due respect. Hashtag Driveclub can skid back to the pit stop with it's broken trans-axle until it's ready to race for real in a couple of years. Hopefully w/ a team owner who isn't (de)Evolution. Lol.

GamerJM

Banned
That Nintendo million sellers list is great and all but it's kind of obvious why they're going with MM3D next. A brand new game, ALBW, was outsold by a remaster of a game from 1998.

Didn't MM3D start development a while before ALBW's release though?

Proud to be one of the millions and millions of Smash Bros. fans.

Hopefully Bethesda is happy with TEW. It's got some issues but I like it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Any word on Alien Isolation? I hope it did well, as it is easily the best game of the last 5 years.

LOLOL @
#
s
erves to be l
a
r
c
ertainly, but few
a
s
eeing a golden chariot in the sky, then taking a few seconds to realize it's a falling piece of debris from a NASA space rocket that's blown up in a thick blanket of clouds. If #Driveclub were a guy, it'd probably have a poster of Forza in its shower locker, just hoping to one day
m
easure up, above and below. A year delay (probably 'cuz it only started dev after that trailer at that February event was shown, lol), network problems out of the gate that persist to this day, demo copy for PS+ members failing to release as promised, piss-poor 70 Metacritic (Horizon 2's got that perfect 86) ....and to top it all off it doesn't even look that good!

With the torrent of bad news I'm not surprised it didn't chart; at this point it'll probably be a PS+ freebie and a standard bundled game ahead of Knack. Hopefully this convinces Soony™ to give better properties like Wipeout or Motor Toon or Crash Team Racing their due respect. Hashtag Driveclub can skid back to the pit stop with it's broken trans-axle until it's ready to race for real in a couple of years. Hopefully w/ a team owner who isn't (de)Evolution. Lol.

translate this post

Log4Girlz

No Alien Isolation? USA i am dissapoint. Put down the rinse / repeat franchises for a while and buy the damn risk taking new IP will you.

Also not sure why Driveclub was expected to show up. Its a genre that seems super niche in US these days, it had a troubled launch and anyone with Plus who wanted it would have got it digital.

Sort of good to see TEW there but its way weaker title than Alien as survival horror, but you do get to shoot stuff vs hiding under desks i guess.

That's the market. People don't buy the risky, unique experiences or "gameplay" focused titles. That's why the Wii U suffers.

LOLOL @
#
s
erves to be l
a
r
c
ertainly, but few
a
s
m

Thumbs up for the effort :)

Top Bottom