• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (New-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread

ii1VvC3jXgF4d.jpg

iBiH1jbMTLMjr.jpg

ibz54eh8sNOH1n.jpg

p3tran

Banned
I was pretty certain that with all other bunch of games I bought, I would skip this one until pc time.
I did play it a lot on 360, I prefer new things too, so it made sense.

so, guys, fuck you!

especially the guy who did this:

IVVMybdoKk616j1Cpzr0tQ_0_0.jpg

fuck you!

edit:

you too my friend!

now, not only I have to insta-buy after seeing the above, but because ms fucked up my cc convenience, I have to search/buy/receive/insert stupid point cards before I even buy/download..
why the hell did I click this thread...?
thank you guys :D

Lrrr

It's the little things...

Playing around in first-person mode, I shot an NPC and discovered she was wearing Louis Vuittons heels. That level of detail blew me away.

grandtheftautov_20141y0fek.jpg

So just to make sure are you guys taking pictures with the in game camera or capture hardware?

I'm using either the in-game snapmatic camera or the PS4 share button depending on the situation. I don't have a capture card.

Afrikan

GTFO of here with that shot.

The best part is when you run them over with the Jet Ski...they try to duck their heads under water, but you feel a bump and hear a "urgh"...run enough over and the police show up.

Their friends also try to quickly swim back to shore....so you have little time to spin around.

ttech10

I cannot wait until I get my system+game and waste hours trying to take beautiful shots.

Which seems better, taking pictures with the phone or using the Share button (and PC transfer)?

Alright, since I've bought my first pc, must be around 1994, I've been continually amazed by the graphical progress of games. Seeing this thread, it's still a long way...but adding a phone with instagram adds a totally new dimension.

BDGAME

It's the little things...

Playing around in first-person mode, I shot an NPC and discovered she was wearing Louis Vuittons heels. That level of detail blew me away.

grandtheftautov_20141y0fek.jpg

I'm using either the in-game snapmatic camera or the PS4 share button depending on the situation. I don't have a capture card.

That thread was make me urges to buy this game, until I saw that picture and remember me: "This is a game where I play as the bad guy!" So, I'm out.

Lrrr

Which seems better, taking pictures with the phone or using the Share button (and PC transfer)?

Using the phone will give you access to effects like filters, borders and controlling depth of field, but it will come at the price of picture dimensions (960x536) and overall quality. Using the PS4 Share button will allow your pics to be 1920x1080 with a slightly higher visual quality, but with no effects or control over DOF.

People composing their shot with the in-game phone, but using a capture card to save them are going to have the most versatility.

eso76

I cannot wait until I get my system+game and waste hours trying to take beautiful shots.

a combination of both for me.
Using the snapmatic gives you control over zoom and some control over focus, plus filters and frames. Also, selfies.

Once you've framed your shot, grab it with share function, since snapmatic pics are 540p..

ttech10

Using the phone will give you access to effects like filters, borders and controlling depth of field, but it will come at the price of picture dimensions (960x536) and overall quality. Using the PS4 Share button will allow your pics to be 1920x1080 with a slightly higher visual quality, but with no effects or control over DOF.

People composing their shot with the in-game phone, but using a capture card to save them are going to have the most versatility.

Thanks. They need to let us save Snapmatic photos in full resolution to the console. Oh well, at least the resolution is better than previous gen was.

lol wut

is that an acid pacifier or something?

All senses are heightened in that state, especially touch / taste. Prob just has some flavored gel on it or something, or just a plain ol pacifier lmao.

These screens are INSANE though. My copy should be coming in today so will give it my first test run. Will be so nice having GTAV, TLOU and Dragons Age to choose to play each night.

can't even fathom how this game will look w/ the iCEnhancer mod if they can make gat iv look like this:

FX6j4ZD.jpg

Don't get your hopes up. First of all, Icenhancer is just a set of customizations for ENB, a mod made by Boris Vorontsov. He has steady several times that he does not code in DX11, and probably never will. So the likelihood of ENB for GTAV is.... very very small.

I actually think it's neat in games. IRL, I frankly can't understand why people would want their digital photos to look like faded polaroids from 1983, but then I'm more documentarian than artist.

Depends. I have a DSLR and I would never put instagram on top of those pictures. But I also like to snapshot regulary stuff with my phone and it looks (always) better with a filter - or at least some tweaking.
But I guess the phone camera also quality changes from model to model and generation to generation.

//edit...

Almost unreal for a game ... ported from the last generation. You have also a good eye for nice pictures.

feel

The attention to detail in this game's world never ceases to amaze. They look like real places. Can't wait for PC version to drop.

Thorgal

Don't get your hopes up. First of all, Icenhancer is just a set of customizations for ENB, a mod made by Boris Vorontsov. He has steady several times that he does not code in DX11, and probably never will. So the likelihood of ENB for GTAV is.... very very small.

To add to this , ENB's makes games like Skyrim and GTA IV look awesome because it injects multiple new effects in the game ( subsurface scattering , sunglare , depth of field etc.. ) yet as far as i can tell most of those effects are already in the game making an ENB not seem necessary .

Top Bottom