• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll slowly re-add people in time. or I guess you can re-add me if you're one of those people that doesn't have your steam profile on your GAF profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll accept your friend request or re-add you when I'm ready. thank you. So anyway, isn't Dark Souls GFWL suppose to be gone by now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
The DLC is undiscounted on the special additional humble SEGA sale page.

People seem to like Saboteur.

I played that on 360 and i only double dip on steam, these would be purely to play because I havent, not for collection purposes. I guess BF3/4 for the eye candy. but 4 is too much. 3 is 5€ aswell tho. food for thought

Dr Dogg

Haha, your shelf looks an awful lot like mine. We have a lot of the same stuff!

:steambrofist:

I've got a problem with buying books. I work right around the corner from a market that has a couple of second hand bookshops that have plenty on offer and some 3 for £5. The intention is usually to by something new to read at night or on the way to and from work and then sell them on and use that to buy more but I've never got to the selling part yet.

how's the making of?

i bet it's really bad like all the making ofs

It's actually not that bad. Plenty of concept material not shown anywhere else plus there's a nice meaty interview with Miyazaki, Satake and a few others that have some great details about the development. ENB did a translation when the book was only available in Japanese on his YouTube channel if you want to check it out. (will grab the links)

Edit: Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB_2QXhAwQ

oooh. I am guessing that it is non-gaming related, but can we get a picture of that bottom shelf? I love looking at bookshelves and other book collections.

Just a load of strategy guides in the main. My other bookshelves are actually tool shelving that has seen better days so I've boxed most stuff up until I get around to sorting something out that isn't too gaudy.

Kiru

Haha, I found it! https://www.google.com.au/search?q=game+steam+nose+flute+white

Fingers crossed for cloud saves.

Edit: Bah, no such luck.

Oh I was afk for a while, could have told you that. There was also an awesome gif of the garbage dealer :D

EDIT: There it is:
iTEjGcJ5riV1j.gif

My stuff is a bit all over the place at the moment. Though I will knock up some pics when I get it all in order (well hidden away in the spare room/office). For now here's a sneak peak of the bookshelf next to the desk.
I see something that is still sealed?! How come? You don't want to play it?

And man do you have many game-related books.

So far it looks pretty good :)

didamangi

now that I realized Origin doesnt give you herpes from buying/playing Inquisition, I might be down for Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Crysis 3 for 5€ each. Would rather them on steam as usual but since that aint happening, I do want to finish those trillogies since I never played any of them

any other EA exclusive im forgetting besides the sports stuff? I guess theres the NFS gmes but meh, I didnt even play most wanted which was supposed to be really good

The Saboteur is on sale, it's pretty good. Also you can probably find Dead Space 3 cheaper if you look around trading sites or something since it's in a $1 tier on their Humble Bundle.

iosefe

I'll slowly re-add people in time. or I guess you can re-add me if you're one of those people that doesn't have your steam profile on your GAF profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll accept your friend request or re-add you when I'm ready. thank you. So anyway, isn't Dark Souls GFWL suppose to be gone by now?

there is still more testing to be done. expected to drop December now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Saboteur is on sale, it's pretty good. Also you can probably find Dead Space 3 cheaper if you look around trading sites or something since it's in a $1 tier on their Humble Bundle.

that requires more effort than im willing to spend lol. anyway, since steam sale is also tomorow, Ill probably not get anything /shrug

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-A667E90680A590EF - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-1A360025914E1101
Empire: Total War -- MB-42C507C325EC112F - Taken by Ezalc. 11 entrants total.

t1416961514z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of PnC. Does Amanita have anything lined up?

Samorost 3. Machinarium's universe and visual design is too delicious to leave underappreciated, so I hope a sequel is underway in secret

Oh I was afk for a while, could have told you that. There was also an awesome gif of the garbage dealer :D

Haha, yeah, that gif popped into my head suddenly, which reminded me that I still need to finish the game proper.

(finally made significant progress in the Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins).

At least you're in some solid games, there.

Meanwhile, GOTY list just got shook up by an iOS game. Monument Valley is everything that was good about Fez, without the deliberately obtuse parts. The puzzles aren't necessarily difficult, so much as they require you to subscribe to the thought process behind them. You can breeze through parts once your eyes start talking to your brain in the right language, with your fingers soldiering quietly along. Somber, reflective, beautiful, just quite musical enough...

As for Steam, I'm nearing the end of Valkyria Chronicles. If I didn't have family coming into town, I'd love to finally give Divinity: OS a shot.

Is there a reason why Jet Set Radio isn't included with the Dreamcast Collections? Like was there more effort put into it's port than the other games in the DCC?

Dr Dogg

I see something that is still sealed?! How come? You don't want to play it?

And man do you have many game-related books.

So far it looks pretty good :)

Ooohh what's that. Ah I know that's a super cheap copy of one of the many Watch Doggies Collectors Editions that somewhere was selling cheap. Kind of pointless buying it as I've got it on Steam but it might have some sort of sell on value one day (doubt it mind). Speaking of sealed and worth something I've got a copy of The Art of Darksiders which I paid less than £17 for, just plonked on there and well...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1926778103/

I hope that doesn't ever get a reprint.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those of you wondering, the URL for "online nudes" in those pics doesn't work. So in case any of you want to register sexy-bots dot com in order to make that happen, you can.

79IiQ4c.png

File under "why the hell not". Now I can build the ultimate online haven for like-minded robosexuals.

Ooohh what's that. Ah I know that's a super cheap copy of one of the many Watch Doggies Collectors Editions that somewhere was selling cheap. Kind of pointless buying it as I've got it on Steam but it might have some sort of sell on value one day (doubt it mind). Speaking of sealed and worth something I've got a copy of The Art of Darksiders which I paid less than £17 for, just plonked on there and well...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1926778103/
I hope that doesn't ever get a reprint.
30ijrR7.png

tumblr_mv4swr0B611slyicuo2_400.gif

You have multiple versions of Watch Dogs??? Why don't you sell them >_> to another gaffer <_<

Dr Dogg

79IiQ4c.png

File under "why the hell not". Now I can build the ultimate online haven for like-minded robosexuals.

Hey ModBot. You want a good time?

http://i.imgur.com/30ijrR7.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/b4bc56aea9d41478d2ec9eb28c0036c3/tumblr_mv4swr0B611slyicuo2_400.gif[IMG]

You have multiple versions of Watch Dogs??? Why don't you sell them >_> to another gaffer <_<[/QUOTE]

Eh you know what the reception of Watch Dogs is like around here. Plus hey crimbo is coming up if I was feeling really generous I'm sure there some friend or family member I could really make their year with (even flipping less chance of that than turning a profit). Some stuff it's doable but I've found it's just easier to by stuff you want and not try to want to make a quick couple of quid on. I mean I could have sold my Ni no Kuni Wizards Edition for 4 times what I paid but I really wanted that.

Has a pretty neat art style for sure.

Collateral runs like ass though.

Game runs at like 1-5 fps now, and I know my PC is slightly better than that.
I got 25-40 fps out of the Desura version. Not sure what's going on here.

EDIT: At 1080p with all of the special effects off I get +/- 30 fps with sound-pausing stuttering.

This game needs optimization badly.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
New Humble Bundle, new giveaway.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-EA233235FD9815B6 - Taken by Benedict

cicero

I am not really buying this current Humble SEGA Bundle BTA price being stuck at around $3.28. It feels like a manipulated number to suddenly be "stuck" at.

Majukun

tried nights for the first time.
no idea what the hell I'm doing

also,isn't there any way to play it with a controller instead of keyboard?

Shadownet

Banned
there is still more testing to be done. expected to drop December now
Yeah i launch it for the first time ever and saw GFWL is still there so I shut it down immediately. *NOPE*

At least you're in some solid games, there.

This gotta be my 4th time playing Origins, such a good game that I'll never get tired of it. It's a shame Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition isn't on here. I would play 2 again despite disliking it quite a bit. Hawke was a cool character design though.

Man that Sega HB is disappointing.

Please take these.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

World Truck Racing -- MB-2A68BA185179FA64 - Taken by drizzle
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders... -- MB-8C5BD09468E1D906 - Taken by sensoft04
Circuits -- MB-CE6C14E8D995CE3B - Taken by Vuze
Murder Miners -- MB-4BB069C1618603FD - Taken by Henry Swanson
Akane The Kunoichi -- MB-D6265358279E090F - Taken by Kuroyume
Blast Em! -- MB-D3D553D1DDDF68FF - Taken by Backlogger
Rush for Glory -- MB-03395CF38EA3055F - Taken by Abhor
Call of Juarez -- MB-89D35F294B3158E7 - Taken by Tellaerin
Danmaku 2 Unlimited -- MB-BD99FD0EBFE15E0D - Taken by Accoun
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive -- MB-C56623675C0C6692 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Little Racers STREET -- MB-CD1D792D859F0304 - Taken by Madn
Zack Zero -- MB-E7D52CDC6C31D0F8 - Taken by electroflame
LightFish -- MB-C21ADCFC27AC8BC8 - Taken by Lain
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-9D0905E9105D208C - Taken by nightstorm
Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus -- MB-73D8F86B94DBC5B4 - Taken by didamangi
Shattered Heaven -- MB-856D33A269FDE168 - Taken by fuzzy123
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-9B88F8C94D4DAADE - Taken by Anustart
Greed: Black Border -- MB-9DA01E5B4C5FEAC2 - Taken by Kingtako
Realms of The Haunting -- MB-B7650D828DDCD1E2 - Taken by Shiny Llama
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-360918C33AF65BE8 - Taken by 7Sins
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-53FF242348F6A6B6 - Taken by DarKshodaN
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-CD215EF9C167E9C0 - Taken by lindarasta
Critical Mass -- MB-2935A4ACE27E382B - Taken by iosefe
Larva Mortus -- MB-B17F3529E0BB0F7E - Taken by Nairume

Yeah i launch it for the first time ever and saw GFWL is still there so I shut it down immediately. *NOPE*
This gotta be my 4th time playing Origins, such a good game that I'll never get tired of it. It's a shame Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition isn't on here. I would play 2 again despite disliking it quite a bit. Hawke was a cool character design though.
Man that Sega HB is disappointing.
That dreamcast collection looks good though.
Since you haven't accepted my friend request yet, I can PM you it :)

Miguel81

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dante81, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

NiGHTS into Dreams -- MB-F4E371B6AD269F8F - Taken by Kirosia
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-F91F7B6AA2727F6A - Taken by adriano999
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-B0DA2F058F06E908 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-E0D4A83713F4136E

Enjoy some SEGA blue-skies goodness!

Ozium

Installing ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES thanks to Shade...

can't wait to play Jawmuncher's GOTY.

edit: why isn't Daytona racing on steam? like the one that's on the ps3?

KtSlime

How depressing, I just loaded up the Humble Bundle page, and all it said was "Sega Humble Bundle is not available in your area".

I just recently started gaming on PC, I had no idea the restrictions would be so draconian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom