• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Video game charts for Black Friday Week

PranooY

UK Video Game Charts:
1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2. FIFA 15
3. GTA 5
4. Far Cry 4
5. Assassin's Creed Unity

Other Interesting tidbits:
DriveClub shoots up 25 places to No.8. LittleBigPlanet 3 debuts at No.18, Super Smash Bros at 13. Halo: MCC falls to No.27, DA:I falls to No. 16.

Poor showing from Halo, especially given the cheap Xbox One deals.
Source: David Scammell @VG_Dave

Also DriveClub sales jump 999% during Black Friday week.

From Chart-track.co.uk,
Pokémon Omega Ruby’ is the highest new entry this week at No7, one place and 2,400 sales ahead of sister title ‘Pokémon Alpha Sapphire’. Combined, the new Pokémon titles would have charted at No3. Last year’s Pokémon X and Y debuted at No’s 3 and 4 respectively, however sales of the new Alpha and Omega games better them by 17%. Combined they also become the biggest Pokémon launch ever, beating previous best Pokémon Black and White Versions on DS back in 2011. Sony’s ‘Driveclub’ (+999%) speeds back up the chart from No33 to No8 thanks to massive sales on the Black Friday promoted PS4 console hardware bundle. Like its successor ‘Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag’ (+353%) benefits from the upsurge in sales of the Xbox One hardware bundle, pushing it from No18 to No9. ‘Minecraft: Xbox Edition’ (+184%) re-enters the Top 10 at No10 boosted by the release of the Xbox One Edition. There are a large number of Black Friday promotions across the Top 40 including ‘Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor’ (+128%) at No11 and ‘Disney Infinity 2.0’ (+140%) at No14, among many others.

‘Super Smash Bros.’ (+560%) jumps from No27 to No13 with its launch this week on Wii U alongside the new compatible Amiibo figures. In amongst all the heavily promoted Black Friday titles ‘LittleBigPlanet 3’ manages to make a debut at No18.
Lock, if old.

MrChom

1. Call of Duty
2. FIFA
3. GTA
4. Far Cry
5. Assassin's Creed

....Far Cry aside you could basically print that whenever and I would be unable to determine if you were just making it up or not.

Rich!

That list is pretty much exactly as I expected before entering the thread...for better or worse.

Ah well, the tastes of the general public have never aligned with mine when it comes to gaming in the UK.

Putty

Driveclub is fucking fab! With the new content, photo mode online mostly working now save for Challenges anyone playing now for the 1st time are in for an absolute treat.

Really glad to see Driveclub getting up there. Evolution fucked up, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an all around fantastic game and other than challenges most of the online issues were sorted out after the first week or two. Now if they could only get the PS+ edition out there would be a hell of a lot more sales..

Wasp

LBP3 is like the most expensive videogame ever released. What the fuck are Sony thinking?

No sympathy.

fedexpeon

Banned

Eh...This sounds like Sony won BF.
How was that possible?
The X1 was the better deal on BF.

Yeah, I guess I don't believe him until I see some hard numbers because MS deserves to win BF for their price-cutting and bundle discounts strategy.
The strategy is helping out so many people, the XB gamer community and gamers without a console, by increasing X1 marketshare and affordability to the current/new gamers.

driver116

How was that possible?

Yeah, I guess I don't believe him until I see some hard numbers because MS deserves to win BF for their price-cutting and bundle discounts strategy.
The strategy is helping out so many people, the XB gamer community and gamers without a console, by increasing X1 marketshare and affordability to the current/new gamers.

Maybe some people just don't want one.

PranooY

Bundle sales aren't included, right?

I think they are.
Sony’s ‘Driveclub’ (+999%) speeds back up the chart from No33 to No8 thanks to massive sales on the Black Friday promoted PS4 console hardware bundle. Like its successor ‘Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag’ (+353%) benefits from the upsurge in sales of the Xbox One hardware bundle,

Maledict

It's a shame about DA:I. It's the best game Bioware have made in some time, and I worry they are being punished partly because of how poor DA2 & ME3 (ending) were, and partly because they released their game in an *incredibly* crowd market.

After not being a fan of DA based on the first two games, I'm loving the third and don't want them to abandon this type of game (and this quality level) because it does poorly.

c0de

Reads like Sony had the better week.

The_Hound ‏@houndking1 20m20 minutes ago

@_wotta Yes but who has a BIGGER smile?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Joe Anderson ‏@_wotta 19m19 minutes ago

@hound214 You wouldn’t believe me even if I could tell you.
The_Hound ‏@houndking1 19m19 minutes ago

@_wotta WiiU finally dominating the market?
Joe Anderson ‏@_wotta 15m15 minutes ago

@hound214 No. Honestly you wouldn’t believe it that’s about all I can say.

360?!

Vashetti

Banned
Yawn. How completely uninspired and unsurprising. Oh well, UK gamers know what they want.

Worldwide gamers know what they want. This is similar to the majority of countries.

Don't pretend that the UK has 'poor' taste to fit your faux-hipster agenda.

How was that possible?

We're talking the UK here. PS4 was under £300 with 2 games. It was as competitive as the XBone in most cases. So they don't deserve it either? You know because they're also helping out so many people, the PS gamer community without a console and gamers without a console (sounds like charity) by increasing PS4 market share and affordability to the current/new gamers.

Where does it sound like the PS4 did better in that tweet anyways?

SmokyDave

360?!
Vita, obviously.

Daemul

How was that possible?

How does "Both MS and Sony have a big smile this morning" translate to "Sony won BF in the UK? Wotta didn't imply that at all.

Xando

360?!

That reads like its 1. PS4 2. 360 or something.

Top Bottom