• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE 275 : Batman AK Cover Story, Top10 2014, Reviews:FC4,DAI,ACU,ACR,Smash,Toad...

Shawn6661

e2750fq3y.png

Cover: Batman: Arkham Knight

Reviews

Far Cry 4 : 9
Dragon Age: Inquistion : 8
Assassins Creed Unity : 5
Assassins Creed Rogue : 6
Super Smash Bros for Wii U : 8
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker : 7
Escape Dead Island : 2
This War of Mine : 9
Never Alone: 6
Pokemon Omega Ruby/ Sapphire : 8

Hype

Halo 5: Guardians
Overwatch
SkySaga: Infinite Isles
Soma
Massive Chalice
American Truck Simulator
Donut Country
Dungeon Defenders II
Just Cause 3
Splatoon

Features

Making Of : Olli Olli
Studio Profile : Curve Studios
Time Extend : Uncharted 2
Videogame Books

Top10

10. Little Big Planet 3
9. This War of Mine
8. Far Cry 4
7. Ultra SFIV
6. MGS V: Ground Zeroes
5. Nidhogg
4. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
3. Mario Kart 8
2. Dark Souls II
1. Bayonetta 2

Thanks to aidey6 from rllmuk forum.

NEO0MJ

Surprised by how high Dark Souls 2 is, and that Ground Zeroes charted.

didn't a lot of people on GAF say Bayo 2 wouldn't make a single #1 year end list? lol

I wasn't expecting it from most major websites/magazines, but Edge was one of the few I could see it getting #1 from.

Raxus

Wow. Farcry 4 a 9? I liked the game but I am shocked it was so well received by EDGE.

Grats to Bayonetta 2 on a well deserved GotY win.

Eager to read the Far Cry 4 review.

Seems like a lot of typos in the awards list. Nidhogg what a curve ball. I was expecting everyone to have forgotten about this game.
I thought EDGE had stopped giving review scores or is that just an error on their website?
Lazy website error, still not fixed I should add.

They gave Brawl a 9 and Melee a 6 for comparison. The previous Dead Island games got 3s so they've out done themselves this time. These are the two lowest scoring Assassin's Creed games in Edge history.
Wow. Farcry 4 a 9? I liked the game but I am shocked it was so well received by EDGE.
All the previous (mainline) Far Cry games got 8s.

I'm having fun with Far Cry 4...but the level of "yea, it's another one of those" is at such a height here that I've left orbit.

Still worthy of a 9 probably but...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Eager to read the Far Cry 4 review.

Seems like a lot of typos in the awards list. Nidhogg what a curve ball. I was expecting everyone to have forgotten about this game.

Lazy website error, still not fixed I should add.

They gave Brawl a 9 and Melee a 6 for comparison. The previous Dead Island games got 3s so they've out done themselves this time. These are the two lowest scoring Assassin's Creed games in Edge history.

All the previous (mainline) Far Cry games got 8s.

Nidhogg fairly recently released on console

curiosity piqued about This War of Mine..

I thought Bayo won GotY in 2010 as well, but it was SMG2. The two only 10/10 games of that particular year. Bayonetta 2 was the only 10/10 this year, so this seemed inevitable.

Porcile

Smash 4 went down compared to Brawl? Weird, it's a better game in every way, but EDGE were never big on Smash to begin with, so I suppose more of the same was never going to cut it really.

jimboton

No Grimrock 2 or Divinity Original Sin is disappointing. But I'm sure both LBP 3 and Far Cry 4 are more deserving of a spot
yeah right

Bebpo

Banned
Good to see some Ground Zeroes top10 love. Yes it's short and was $10 overpriced, but the game is absolutely fantastic and the best MGS has ever been.

Good list. Always find Edge reviews are the closest to my own personal tastes so I'll give anything they give a 9 or higher to a shot. The Sailor's Dream was amazing.

dcelw540

Got to agree with the Far Cry 4 score, really loving it, moreso that DA which i sold after 30 mins 8(
What... this is single handed the dumbest posts i have read. Why did you give up after 30 minutes its a huge game that opens up after an hour or so.

EGM1966

AC Rogue scored more than Unity (barely)?

Also where's Alien Isolation the riskiest and most challenging AAA level title in their top 10? The fools!

That 5 for Unity though.

Looking all the more forward to playing LBP3 on Christmas Day now. Hopefully most of the bugs will have been ironed out by then.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at LBP3 being on that top 10 list. I've put multiple hours into it. Not even close to top 10.

Of course, it is Edge, who have always overrated the series to begin with.

Top Bottom