• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Picked up Trivial Pursuit Live yesterday and it's another game that has been released which doesnt function as it should.

I've tried playing five online matches and everyone of them has crashed at some point. Shame as the main game is quite fun
So basically just a Ubisoft game? Shame, I love trivial pursuit

speedomodel

Kalimba is a blast so far, hoping to spend a good chunk of time with it tonight.

I hope Thomas Was Alone goes on sale for this countdown.

Kssio_Aug

Is Xbox Live Status for everyone region like that?
Purchase and Content Usage: Limited

Also... yesterday my NAT was open. Today, it is moderated. Happened to someone else?

Purdy

Can you see the size of the patches you're downloading? Today it feels like I've bloody redownloaded 3 games with the time its taken on Forza+Shadow of Mordor+Killer Instinct

You can when the update occurs "in-game." KI, for instance, was an 11GB update. Not sure about the others.

Went ahead and bought Outlast and Whistleblower. Going to wait on Lords of the Fallen just because my XB1 backlog is already huge.

Montresor

Kalimba is a blast so far, hoping to spend a good chunk of time with it tonight.

I hope Thomas Was Alone goes on sale for this countdown.

In case it doesn't go on sale, I highly recommend it even at its full price. Its one of the nicest puzzle games I've played. I listed it as #9 for my top 10 in the neogaf goty thread.

Montresor

Murdered Soul Suspect is worth a playthrough and I think if you're a fan of point-and-click adventures then you would like it. It's like a mix between LA Noire and a Telltale game. You play a dead cop revived as a ghost trying to solve his own murder.

If you try to get the 1000/1000 you will hate yourself and hate this game. It has 300+ collectibles and no real item tracking. For $16.50 it's worth it - but if you're the type of person that will need to get the 1000/1000, then stay away. The hunt for the collectibles takes 5 review scores off this game. It was a soul-sucking, depressing venture.

Just ignore the damn collectibles and enjoy a decent game.

def sim

Is it worth 16.50? Yes no maybe?

I enjoyed what I've played of it on PC. The sidequests where you can help send victims to heaven were charmingly silly and the gameplay parts are slow and steady. It's a basic stealth game, really. It reminds me of an open world The Wolf Among Us only without that Fables twist.

zorbsie

Contrast for $7.50 sounds good. It wouldn't be a GwG at anytime would it? Still waiting for Wolf Among Us to go on sale. Hoping it pops up as a daily deal during this sale.

Contrast for $7.50 sounds good. It wouldn't be a GwG at anytime would it? Still waiting for Wolf Among Us to go on sale. Hoping it pops up as a daily deal during this sale.

I wouldn't think it would be a GwG but that doesn't mean it won't be. I thought Contrast was great btw, got $5 left on my US account so I'm going to get Nutjitsu

Edit: Wtf... it seems MS have wiped my $5 left over from when I bought Kalimba with a $15 card?

Looks like there's a newly added "Telltale Games Collection" priced at $110.

Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2
Wolf Among Us
Tales from the Borderlands
Game of Thrones

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/The-Telltale-Games-Collection/e119e46c-88bc-46a8-8330-0ab11be37f1e

(courtesy of lifelower)

They also raised the price from the Tales and GoT season pass to $20 each. Tales uses to be $15...

I picked up WD1&2 in the last sale. Waiting for Wolf. If I have learned something is that Telltale screws up early adopters often with sales. I still remember paying for the first episode of Wolf in the 360 and buying the season pass, only to the first episode to become free and the season pass to be on sale BEFORE episode 2 came out.

mid83

Is this as close as there is to an Xbox One community thread? I just picked up an Xbox one and would love to start playing with gaffers.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, even tho MS screwed us by "locking" the digital stores behind payment requirements making much more difficult to avoid price gouging by using the HK or Indian stores, if I buy say a HK code for a game I can still redeem it regardless of my account's/system's settings, right?

Doffen

So, even tho MS screwed us by "locking" the digital stores behind payment requirements making much more difficult to avoid price gouging by using the HK or Indian stores, if I buy say a HK code for a game I can still redeem it regardless of my account's/system's settings, right?

You need to redeem the HK code with your console set to HK.

danowat

Banned
Anyone know what happened to the xbox one version of Dungeon of the endless?, was pegged for a release date in October, but that came and went, and it's now listed as TBA, and I can't find any mention of the xbox one version anywhere.

Has it been canned?

Anyone know what happened to the xbox one version of Dungeon of the endless?, was pegged for a release date in October, but that came and went, and it's now listed as TBA, and I can't find any mention of the xbox one version anywhere.

Has it been canned?
There's a lot of ID@Xbox games that were pegged for a fall release that are MIA, I wouldn't be too worried personally

Has it been canned?

Lots of games get delays, Volgarr was at one point due for August I think, Idarb September... certification takes a while and can take multiple attempts I wouldn't be too concerned.

@JacobM88 Yes, we are still working on the Xbox One version of Dungeon of the Endless. Unfortunately, we have no ETA.

Via twitter

Odah

Banned
Useful tip if you experienceing issues with your Xbox One Blue-ray drive. My drive wasn't working and whenever I inserted a disk it began to make a reaaaally loud scratching noise which really scared me a lot.

My console was no longer able to read disks...

Called MS support and they said it's probably faulty and I have to let it get replaced. Instead I got mad and punched it a few times. Like directly ontop of where the blu ray drive is...now it works again! First it still made those noises but atleast it was able to read the disk, then I punched the xbox a few more times and the sound was gone too.

Sometimes violence IS the answer.

Top Bottom