• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Silent Hills a multiplatform title?

Silent Hills will be a PS4 exclusive. Im sure that Konami wanted either Sony or Microsoft to moneyhat the game since Silent Hill as a franchise isn't as popular as it used to be unfortunately. Its a great horror franchise and it would be an amazing and horrifying exclusive to have for PlayStation.

It'll probably be PS4 exclusive in Japan. As for the rest of the world, who knows? If the budget isn't too large it could go exclusive, but I would imagine it'll be multiplatform with exclusive marketing rights and content for PS4.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The PS4+PC thing seems quite possible, especially with how Ground Zero was limited on Xbox One with some of its effects (like the static sky box), making it seem like the Fox Engine is not optimal onXbox One possibly. Though I bet elements of this will depend on how well Metal Gear Solid V & Ground Zero do on PC.

Arsenic13

Highly unlikely. PT maybe will be exclusive, but even then, Kojima tweeted shortly after its release that he's aware people want it on other platforms (can't find the link).

As for the the main topic, I find it weird that they haven't confirmed whether or not it's multiplatform. It's also odd that PT was exclusive to PS4. Maybe that's a sign?
Wasn't Kojima trying to get PT on other platforms or something? The radio silence tells me something might have changed.

Well it has been happening.

Destiny Exclusive to PS3 & PS4 in Japan

Batman: Arkham Knight Exclusive to PS4 in Japan

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Exclusive to PS4 in Japan

It was said in one of the Dengeki Playstation threads that MGS V might become Playstation Exclusive in Japan.

*Eats crow*

That's not fair, no one in Japan has an Xbox.

Hehehe

Didn't even realize japanese exclusivity was a thing.

Elandyll

Banned
Besides PT (which was probably just a good marketing "coup" by both Konami and Sony), I don't see why Silent hills would not be multiplat really...

Aren't pretty much every single Konami titles (the Global audience ones that is) now released for as many platforms as they can, Fox Engine having been declined on every single platform (From PS360 to XB1/ PS4 and of course PC)?

Gandalf

I'd be surprised if it isn't multiplatform. But after the Street Fighter V agreement? Anything is possible I guess.

Leb

Look, in this scenario, Konami is Bronn, Phil Spencer is Tyrion and Capcom is Pycelle. You do the math.

Or if additional clarification is required, well... moneyhat me once, shame on you... moneyhat me twice, shame on... shame on... heh heh... point is, you can't get moneyhatted again.

GrayChild

Gold Member
If I undrestood this correctly, one of the KojiPro developers mentioned something about a version for X1 (around 42:35)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXIZSHbnJO0

I'd bet on a PS4/XB1/PC release, where all major announcements and gameplay demonstrations will be made on PS4 (kinda like Destiny). What I'm more worried about is the possibility of a very late PC release.

Grief.exe

Either it will be fully multiplatform (PC/PS4/XBO) to recoup development costs or a platform holder will pick up The bill.

Either way, we will know next time we see a trailer for the title.

yurinka

Fox Engine was developed for PCs and then scaled down to other platforms, right? Wouldn't surprise me if it showed up on all 3 platforms.
No, consoles is their main market. So the main focus always has been consoles for them.

PC is included there because being multiplatform was easier, cheaper and faster for them developing in PC first than before, since now PC/PS4/XBO are very similar.

The more places they port a game, the more revenue they get. So unless they get a big moneyhat from a 1st party the smarter thing for them is to port it where possible.

Verendus

Banned
there's no way that was planned
I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

Biker19

Banned
If the Phantom Pain is multiplat you can bet on Silent Hills being so as well, mainly because it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary if Konami suspected Silent Hills will sell less because it's a less popular franchise.

That and the fact that KojiPro will have experience porting over games on the Fox Engine to other platforms already.

No, consoles is their main market. So the main focus always has been consoles for them.

PC is included there because being multiplatform was easier, cheaper and faster for them developing in PC first than before, since now PC/PS4/XBO are very similar.

The more places they port a game, the more revenue they get. So unless they get a big moneyhat from a 1st party the smarter thing for them is to port it where possible.

I agree. And even if the game's multiplatform, the PS4 version would most likely be the lead platform for development.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

Superman = Rocksteady

VF6

DQ 8 hopefully

SHenmue

Biker19

Banned
When has anyone ever done this (exclusive to Japan)? People have been saying this a lot as of late; it's ridiculous.

*Eats crow*

That's not fair, no one in Japan has an Xbox.

Hehehe

Didn't even realize japanese exclusivity was a thing.

It's been happening since last gen, even from Western 3rd party publishers.

Why are they doing this? Because it wouldn't be worth the cost of porting the games to Xbox One in Japan, because no one in Japan buys games for Xbox platforms (& if they do, it's very rare, such as the Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia before it got ported over to PS3 in Japan there).

Aces&Eights

Can you give just a tad bit more info on this? Who is developing it? What genre is it?

UrbanRats

These are very nice to my eyes.

vj1IG.gif

DQ8 and FF12 HD I see. FF Dissidia is my bet and I hope the SEGA game is from the team that brought VC, Sakura Wars, Skies.

10 sounds really interesting.

2015/2016 are looking to be the best years in gaming ever and yeah I agree. I am really astounded by the support PS4 has been getting, especially from the Japanese parties. So much better than the PS3.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh dear, I must be out of the loop with the bomba people, but if even half of that is true, then I'll be a very happy camper.

What else would Sega be working on!?

Number 12 could be it as well.

I like to be as optimistic as possible when it comes to Shenmue, but... I dunno man. That's stretching it, even by my standards. If 8 really was Shenmue 3 then I would climax so hard I'd never be able to walk again, but the only viable way I see that series returning is through a HD collection first. Sony and Sega would want to dip their toes first rather than taking the full plunge.

Okay. That's nice and all but when's knack 2

Number Twelve.. Wonder what that Would be

Percy

Banned

This sounds like some real fanfic tier horse shit you're selling here Verendus... and yet these teases of yours usually end up having just enough truth to them that you're technically being truthful as well(FFVII PS4, DQ coming back to Playstation, etc). God damn you... now I'll be wondering where the sting in the tail is regarding VF and Suikoden for at least another year :mad:

Anyways, I'm guessing 2 is a Batman vs Superman tie in game and 9 is Rise of the Tomb Raider. Don't believe you on Xenosaga HD though... unless it's Wii U only anyways...

Thanks for all this! Did you hear "HD collection" specifically as opposed to Legacy? I don't have much love for MGS4 myself, but it would be nice if they had plans to eventually bring that to other platforms at some stage so the complete Metal Gear experience is available to everyone. I suppose just MGS2/3/PW would be easier for now.

Sciortino

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.[/URL]

12. CRASH???

Top Bottom