• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Deku Tree

Looks like you can still solo the bridge but it is much harder.

Basically you have to toy around with the bridge forming plate. You can't cross over unless you have the sword so you have to time killing the swordbearer with almost forming the bridge by getting on the plate and getting off when the totem is about to wipe you out.

Exactly right. Did you do it? Somebody posted a post-patch solo bridge video earlier BTW.

Not sure if I should leave my Suros un-upgraded or max it out for IB.
I think this debate was started by Atheon with how old it is, I swear.

Upgrade it. Those who are in the stock-Suros camp don't even have a leg to stand on really in normal crucible, let alone in IB. With the slower rof, the liner compensator (or whatever the lowest recoil option is), and hammer forged, it's basically like going back in time prenerf.

Granted, there are tons of more guns that are viable now so you probably won't dominate everyone like the old days but all those upgrades above make it still the best AR bar none still.

Where are you standing on the ogre side? I've done it solo legit and the first time I got wiped by totems because I was too far back in the corner by where the ogre spawn door is. Second time i was back there again, and they started going red, and I ran back down towards the bridge and they stopped. If you are all hiding back there, try coming a bit down those stairs.

yeah i tried this way and got to the other side but the orges wiped me i guess because i was all the way in the back

so it seems you need to be closer to the totems like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTX-67hUiMA

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck Atheon HM has become AMAZEBALLS!

3 Exotics given out in a round

Red Death, Universal Remote, & Hawkmoon (for me again, #3)

Warlock:
YyJaSLW.jpg

Hunter:
68xemJg.jpg

VoG is useful Again!
We did 2 GK's and 2 Atheons back to back in 20 fucking minutes with 5 minute swap lol

Sullichin

I'm sure someone has compiled this information already, but I spent some time in Crucible with No Land Beyond after getting The Master upgrade and thought I would share my findings.

Damage numbers with The Master upgrade.

CQC Ballistics
Headshot: 233 (up from 202 without exotic upgrade)
Body shot: 126
Body shot after a kill: 145
Hitting the side of a Pike: 159 and another tick for 16 damage, what

Soft Ballistics
Headshot: 222
Body shot: 120
Body shot after a kill: 138

Accurized Ballistics
Headshot: 244
Body shot: 132
Body shot after a kill: 152

- Old news, but in case you were wondering you can't get a 1 shot kill to the body after a subsequent kill. The small damage increase doesn't really make using Accurized Ballistics worth it because it will take the same number of shots to kill regardless. Using it makes the Iron sights climb higher but it's not a huge deal since you have to wait for the bolt reload animation unless you're some animation cancelling computer hacker.

- NLB can pierce multiple targets. I have gotten two kills with one perfectly lined shot more than once! Other snipers can probably do this, I honestly have no idea. I thought it was worth mentioning because it happened two times in a short span for me with it.

- I remember a rumor on Reddit that kills from any weapon activate "The Master" perk and it stacks; this is definitely not true for PVP. I'm sure it's not true for PVE either as I haven't heard it mentioned again

- You definitely want to use snapshot with this weapon.

E92 M3

Holy Fuck Atheon HM has become AMAZEBALLS!

3 Exotics given out in a round

Red Death, Universal Remote, & Hawkmoon (for me again, #3)

Warlock:
YyJaSLW.jpg

Hunter:
68xemJg.jpg

VoG is useful Again!
We did 2 GK's and 2 Atheons back to back in 20 fucking minutes with 5 minute swap lol

I hope that's not another radiant materials in post office type thing. I'd love to get on the Atheon hype.

Awesome flawless run, wooooo! We only "legit" died three times and that last run went so smoothly. I honestly thought I would never in a million years get that trophy. GAF Destiny community is the best. That was so fun.

Big shout out to the newest GAF Flawless Raid Team. Couple quick screens...

Team nervously waiting as Gutterboy braved the abyss alone.
rc353oi.jpg

Boom!!!
nHcoL2t.jpg

Victory Dance Party!!!
e64PqQG.jpg

Qwell

Congrats Qwell! I have to get a Clan Raid completed and then do a bunch of PVP ones that shouldn't be too tough.
I can always help do the clan raid, I just did that one recently using the Achieve Trophies GAF clan, its an auto join clan, we 4 manned VoG gatekeepers / atheon until a 5th joined at the last minute.

Qwell

Thanks for the quick edit on the Guardian Lord list Hawkian, now its time to do my own stupid cheevos like max out my grimore score .... need sooooo many shotgun kills :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I tried that flying sword trick. Doesn't seem to work. Once I get halfway the sword despawns automatically and I'm doing it pretty much perfect without fail.

I can always help do the clan raid, I just did that one recently using the Achieve Trophies GAF clan, its an auto join clan, we 4 manned VoG gatekeepers / atheon until a 5th joined at the last minute.

Oh cool, I need to do that too.

Congrats, any close calls?
We honestly struggled the most with the first fall. hahaha. After the the shrieked death blasts were definitely the diciest.

Top Bottom