• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

It's quite possible Saints finish in the top 4 and Arsenal don't in which case not sure Morgan would be up for it.

Though I still think Arsenal will get 4th.

Esch

Banned
I have an incredibly strange feeling Arsne is going to let Coquelin be are DM.

I will pass judgement after Sunday, he's done well up until now but yet to face real quality imo.

relax m8, we are going to sign marcelo brozovic :sunface:

scabro

You know how to use google right?

A place to bury Strangers are indeed awesome but the new album sound.... soft as shit. I am worried. The two single have been completely underwhelming. I am seeing them live in April, hopefully I come back hope deaf.

I honestly can't believe people saying that they haven't head of any of the names I have wrote. Not even Bjork? not even Sufjan Stevens? Gang of Four?

Common guys!

Well ive heard of Bjork! dont need google for that one.

im watching these Bielik highlights
iISggJuOqoNJ3.png
what a fetus

set for a medical, apparently

OneTwoTee

Banned
Ibe recalled from Derby

Weird one that. Can't see him getting much playtime unless Brendan deploys him as a striker. Would have been better staying at Derby for the rest of the season imo

Hixx

The Black Cats have somehow managed to swap Jozy Altidore, a striker who has scored one Premier League goal for them in 18 months – and two in two-and-a-half seasons in English football – for a forward who is the ninth highest goalscorer in the history of the competition.
In other words, they have swapped a player with Toronto who, with the best will in the world, had become a joke on Wearside – albeit a fondly thought of one – for the closest thing you can get to guaranteeing goals in English football. To make that deal happen, they will pay Defoe around £20k-a-week more than they were paying Altidore.

Defoe will benefit enormously financially from the move, but while you may have been told he will earn £80,000-a-week for the next three-and-a-half years at the Stadium of Light, that is not his basic weekly wage. For Defoe to earn that headline-grabbing figure he will have to win every single bonus available to him and as Sunderland haven’t won a trophy since 1973 and haven’t played in Europe since then either, that’s unlikely.
EuvEO5Z.png

Then again, if he does activate those clauses, I doubt there is a Sunderland player or employee who will have time to whine about the waste of money in the middle of the delirious celebrations that would follow the club’s most successful campaign in a generation.

Straight swap for Altidore. Congerton is a genius
02Do2Ff.png

scabro

would rather get Khedira tbh, or William Carvalho

khedira no thank you.

carvalho is good. We should have bought Schneiderlin last season before Southampton sold half their team to Liverpool though. Couldn't believe that wasn't Wenger's first move after Sanchez. We would have had him.

I just rewartched a bit of House of Cards.

I still like Season 2, but it was complicated as hell. Season 1 is much more focused.

and yeah the finale kinda sucked, even Spacey couldnt pull that off.

Top Bottom