• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

ZhugeEX

Banned
OK. and realistically/typically, how much lower is sold-through numbers than sold-in?

Hard to say.

Typically could be around ~1m. Could be lower, could be higher.

As an example, Microsoft sold in 3.9 million units in CY2013. They sold though 3 million to end users which means there was around ~900,000 in channel.

jmaine_ph

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Didn't you believe him very recently.

Im starting to think you've been stealth trolling us
Not very stealthy. He is one of the most successful ones too with accepting that you are thought dumb off but still waste everyone's time.

There's not anything I can say or do at this point to convince you guys I'm not a troll so I don't care. I've said a thousand times the crazy stuff I proposed here is due just to being naive. I'll just have to hope that one day you guys will just accept me here at gaf.

Grinchy

Banned
I think he's just keeping the thread alive because it has been heavily focused on him. I don't really blame him for liking the spotlight, but I don't personally feel like the thread has to get bumped every time a random person on the internet claims Sony lied about their numbers.

Schrade

There's not anything I can say or do at this point to convince you guys I'm not a troll so I don't care. I've said a thousand times the crazy stuff I proposed here is due just to being naive. I'll just have to hope that one day you guys will just accept me here at gaf.

The best thing to convince people you're not a troll is to just stop posting.

Learn. Think. Observe. Read.

THEN.... after you've grown a few pubes like that...THEN post.

Philly40

If you're concerned about this, why not change your avatar?

There are literally a billion images that would fit better than the one you are currently using.

If you're concerned about this, why not change your avatar?

There are literally a billion images that would fit better than the one you are currently using.

Might I suggest

artisan_touch_full1.jpg

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
Jesus, guys, could you just give it a rest. I think that the first couple of messages from The Artisan were a bit ignorant, but he's shown a curious and learning attitude and seems to have grasped new ideas in a short time. I'm getting a bit weary with the snark.

Jesus, guys, could you just give it a rest. I think that the first couple of messages from The Artisan were a bit ignorant, but he's shown a curious and learning attitude and seems to have grasped new ideas in a short time. I'm getting a bit weary with the snark.

It's hard to believe someone is that naive, but even if he is trolling I don't care.

fine. not withstanding those images, I think a price cut this year is still possible.

Oh absolutely, I agree, but I do not think they will do it if they don't need too.
I think they can get by fine until the Holiday with some bundles with hot new games like Bloodborne or Battlefield Hardline.

Javin98

Banned
The best thing to convince people you're not a troll is to just stop posting.

Learn. Think. Observe. Read.

THEN.... after you've grown a few pubes like that...THEN post.
To be fair, whether he was trolling us with the 13 million sold through for X1 and 1% of China or not, his posts now are a lot more reasonable and he doesn't jump to baseless conclusions if he's unsure. Now he just has to learn to stop posting videos from CrapGamer and MisterXMedia

TomShoe

Banned
Will people just drop this argument already? Seriously, sometimes GAF does not know when to just let go. Take the man's words at face value please, this is getting us nowhere and is wildly off-topic.

Top Bottom