• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeon explained (+Bundle)

Ferr986

From the EU PS Blog

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/30/might-playing-bloodborne-long-long-time-2/

A quick recap for the uninitiated. As you play through Bloodborne you’ll obtain various items that you can use to perform rituals in the game’s central hub area. These rituals serve to open up a Chalice Dungeon.

The size – and difficulty – of each dungeon will vary, as will the enemies and boss fights you encounter. Once you’ve defeated the Chalice Dungeon boss you can save and replay the dungeon, or perform a new ritual to bring forth a brand new challenge that’s unique to your game. Like I said, Bloodborne is going to be with you for a good long while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDw9azV3rMU

Also, the bundle is official for EU

And one final thing: for those of you that don’t yet have a PS4 and are looking forward to Bloodborne – we’ve got you covered! Hitting stores across Europe from launch day, the Bloodborne PS4 bundle includes the following:

Bloodborne
Black PS4 console
Black Dualshock 4

inki

Was wondering how these chalice dungeons work. I'm gonna go pre-order this tomorrow and probably pre-order the game guide too. (For the souls games I need the help or else I get frustrated and quit.. I want to enjoy this as much as I did Dark Souls 1)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH M YGFOIAHFUCKING GOD

Pls Sony. Saw Cleaver steelbook pre-order. Put it up.

resident-evil-4-chainsaw-conroller-20050211034956829.jpg

Raide

Interesting idea. A different way to randomly generate things within that dungeon. Hopefully they add some weird combo's so we can finally get the Souls Diablo-style Cow Level.

Kyoufu

Chalice Dungeon is the best thing that could happen to this game in terms of features. Playing randomly generated dungeons with friends will add a lot of replay value, but have they explained what the rewards for completing these dungeons are?

Vindicator

Not sure if I missed this, but are those dungeons multiplayer only?

They should work in Single-player too.

Edit:

The new Chalice Dungeon feature takes players into the depths of ancient underground ruins located beneath the city of Yharnam. By using holy chalices, players can enter these dungeons and explore the vast structures and multiple levels. However, every time a portal is opened up, the structure of the dungeon itself changes. These dungeons are filled with traps, nightmarish creatures, and of course rewards for brave and skilled hunters to claim whether they complete them on their own, or with the help of other hunters online.

Chalice Dungeon is the best thing that could happen to this game in terms of features. Playing randomly generated dungeons with friends will add a lot of replay value, but have they explained what the rewards for completing these dungeons are?

They haven't said exactly what you can get, just that there will be rewards in them

These dungeons are filled with traps, nightmarish creatures, and of course rewards for brave and skilled hunters to claim whether they complete them on their own, or with the help of other hunters online.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/17/new-details-on-bloodborne-chalice-dungeons/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
blrlbrlbrlbrlblrblrlblblbrr

J2HGHhn.jpg

wiibomb

for a person that is veteran of the Monster Hunter games, how would it be to enter this souls games (I mean, this is an improved dark-demon souls no?)

Gbraga

Meh.

Give me fantastic handcrafted level design over it any day.

It is optional though, so might as well give it a shot on my first playthrough to check the loot.

Pretty cool way in mixing up the challenge in these games. While the individual parts will have strategies to them, the occurrences will keep folks on their toes.

kamandi

I dont know how this happened, but this game became my most anticipated game for 2015. And i never played any of the souls games.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The size – and difficulty – of each dungeon will vary, as will the enemies and boss fights you encounter. Once you’ve defeated the Chalice Dungeon boss you can save and replay the dungeon, or perform a new ritual to bring forth a brand new challenge that’s unique to your game. Like I said, Bloodborne is going to be with you for a good long while!
I don't even feel like this is a reward, i'm basically going through a hard dungeon so that I can unlock an even harder dungeon, i'm going to be unlocking the chance to get my ass kicked even more.....and i'll love every part of it.

Derpyduck

Banned
Meh.

Give me fantastic handcrafted level design over it any day.

It is optional though, so might as well give it a shot on my first playthrough to check the loot.

I agree with this. As long as the main game is lengthy and fun, I don't mind this. Gives people who want to continue playing a lot to do. For me when the main campaign ends in Souls games, I'm done with it. Also sounds like a good way for Sony to monetize the game. I foresee a lot of DLC that adds content to the dungeons.

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
They should work in Single-player too.

Edit:

The new Chalice Dungeon feature takes players into the depths of ancient underground ruins located beneath the city of Yharnam. By using holy chalices, players can enter these dungeons and explore the vast structures and multiple levels. However, every time a portal is opened up, the structure of the dungeon itself changes. These dungeons are filled with traps, nightmarish creatures, and of course rewards for brave and skilled hunters to claim whether they complete them on their own, or with the help of other hunters online.

This is awesome, it adds so much more replayability.

Very good news, we can have multiple dungeons - should you be able to beat the previous one of course.
This is going to be ridiculous, especially for my "I want to have at least one of each item" OCD ^^;

I REALLY hope that holy chalices aren't limited resources and that we can buy/obtain them infinitely.

Paskil

I really got into Demon's Souls, but never really was hooked by Dark Souls. Haven't played 2. Very cautiously optimistic for this.

Top Bottom