• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Opening cinematic for the Arcade version

Numb

If they used this instead of that dubbed trailer for the EVO reveal i would have been extremely pumped.

Unkle

Console version is usually way longer and bigger...in the case of T1 T2 and T3 and T6 its not even close to being the same opening. T4, T5 and TTT2 use some variation of the arcade opening.

Console version openings are usually the best by far and probably some of the best openings in gaming(T2,T3,T5,TTT, TDR PSP Version) The only time in Tekken where the console opening was worse than the Arcade opening was TTT2.

In T6 both versions were plain shite.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Honestly, I haven't paid attention to any of the openings since like 5, and it doesn't look as though I've missed anything too good.

FourMyle

I don't understand why Kazuya needs to become satan himself just to kill an old man. The only thing Heihachi really did that whole trailer was headbutt Kazuya...

ZeroX03

Banned
Lee, Bruce, Marduk, AK, Bears, Baek, Wang...and more are most likely gone. Got a lot of information from Saint when he was here in Australia about the cast that are getting axed from the game.

I don't understand why Kazuya needs to become satan himself just to kill an old man. The only thing Heihachi really did that whole trailer was headbutt Kazuya...
Dude

Dude

Play Tekken 5. He survived an explosion of a building that sent him flying miles away and landed face first in the ground.

I would be using lasers to kill this "old man" too.

This brings me back to Tekken 2. Kazuya and Heihachi still duking it out. I'm waiting for Heihachi to die from old age or something.

Those two have a long hate hate relationship that began from the start.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Honestly, I haven't paid attention to any of the openings since like 5, and it doesn't look as though I've missed anything too good.

YOU DUN FUCKED UP NAO!

Tekken Dark Resurrection! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RYB8ahIrI

Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJlKtwbQu8

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Version! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqb3lACSdOk

Boom Boom hit you with the 2-3!

Bloodline Rebellion was amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJlKtwbQu8

The days before Namco jumped into the Dubstep train.

HA!!!! I was just about the edit my previous post to add BR as an exception to the 6 failure and you already correct me. Thanks!

Numb

Is it weird I kind of expect the game to look like that by the end of the gen?

It was the first fighting game announced to be using the Unreal Engine 4 i believe, maybe after a couple of other fighters are released. There is already footage out for it and it does not look that good.

Cat

Well, Devil Jin is my favorite-est character ever, and there's at least some Devil in here...but otherwise, I'm kinda meh on it.

The T6BR arcade opening, I agree with earlier stated, was AMAZING. I have re-watched it so many times the past few weeks. The T5 console opening is my favorite of the console versions. I can't pick between the two right now. Anyway, if they're going to make something as awesome as the T6BR one at a later time, I'll be happy and not mind waiting. And if they don't, well...I've learned not to set my expectations too high with Namco.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is it weird I kind of expect the game to look like that by the end of the gen?

Yes, considering they dont have the budget to make the game look like that, to pour into the visuals considering they had to license a middleware engine to even get it looking like it does now.

To get the game's graphics looking significantly better or close to CG ala order 1886 via brand new shaders and significantly higher poly models(in the 100,000 count) would probably mean to create a brand new graphics pipeline dedicated only to certain high end machines via their own self created engine dedicated to their game. And a pretty big investment in R&D which Namco Bandai probably wasn't willing to spend on a diminishing genre that sold 1/6th the previous game, same with Capcom, which is why they are using UE4.

Numb

Lee, Bruce, Marduk, AK, Bears, Baek, Wang...and more are most likely gone. Got a lot of information from Saint when he was here in Australia about the cast that are getting axed from the game.

Even the bears?
Maybe Heihachi did not yet train Kuma.

Griss

As a non-fan, that's a pretty terrible intro. They do want to get people interested, right? I mean, they only really show two characters, who both look similar, fighting in just one cliched environment, nothing particularly special happens, we see a random girl talking, and then shit gets freaky at the end. What's that all about? How's that supposed to make me interested in putting a quarter in?

Why is a three eyed monster beating up a frail old man? Tekken never made any sense to me.

Yeah, basically.

7+ fucking games revolving around daddy issues.

7 should end in a big group hug.

i1NRIdpvZ0GPn.gif

Numb

As a non-fan, that's a pretty terrible intro. They do want to get people interested, right? I mean, they only really show two characters, who both look similar, fighting in just one cliched environment, nothing particularly special happens, we see a random girl talking, and then shit gets freaky at the end. What's that all about? How's that supposed to make me interested in putting a quarter in?
But this intro is for the arcade and not directed at you. The console intro will be different.
Tekken 5 intro did a better job showing the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUSZ2tCQ_Ko

Never get tired of this gif.

I remember when Jin was the lead. And now he's back to being a side character so dad and grandpa can fight.

This is almost as bad as Gohan in Dragon Ball.

Ferrio

Banned
Red = Sad
Bold = Good

There are plenty of Joke endings for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYb75SAGmZA

Yes but I want it canon. I wanna see the mishima clan fight along side each other against something else.

I remember when Jin was the lead. And now he's back to being a side character so dad and grandpa can fight.

This is almost as bad as Gohan in Dragon Ball.

I'd be upset if they didn't just turn Jin into mini Kazuya. Might as well roll with Kazuya if that's the case.

ZeroX03

Banned
Even the bears?
Maybe Heihachi did not yet train Kuma.

Yeah, Saint spoke to one of the producers on the team that confirmed it. I'll take it with a grain of salt for now as they may be time released at some point in the future. I'll be incredibly sad if the Bears are axed.

great fight scene but quite lazy to just reuse the Evo trailer footage :/ was hoping to see several characters get represented like in the TAG intros

Mista Koo

Well you know Heihachi did throw Kazuya in a volcano in... Tekken 2.

I wouldn't say that was recent lol. That's the reason they are fighting near one too probably.
I'm not sure about canon, but I believe Kazuya started the throwing in his Tekken 1 ending (although from a cliff). In Tekken 2 opening you see Heihachi climbing a mountain.

IvorB

I still think Tekken 3 was by far the most hype intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvtUxEFQaU

The time jump, evolution of characters, increased CGI budget, and impeccable music just made if for me. I can just go on youtube and watch this intro and it'll instantly make me smile.

EDIT: But it should be mentioned how underwhelming the Tekken 3 Arcade Intro was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mXK5ZqqffA

Tekken 3 intro is still the best. My mates and I went nuts watching that. And I will always have a soft spot for Tekken 2 intro as well. I love the music in that.

Line_HTX

TEKKEN! TEKKEN! ROCK THE TEKKEN! :p

The music didn't really sound like the full shitstep that's pervasive nowadays.

I love how the opening cinematic uses a ton of strings. Those clashing CD+1's and that slow motion Kaz CD+3.

Someone said that Kazumi and her red eyes kind of look like Eliza from Revolution? I hope she's playable and not a Kazama clone, just a better female Mishima than Angel.

Maybe Lucky Chloe will show up in the console version. And obviously, there's never enough Lars and Lili. :)

Buff Lili or RIOT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've heavily analyzed every (home release) Tekken intro and come to this list:

1: Tekken 4 (game sucks, but holy shit did this intro take 'seriousness' to an epic level
2: Tekken Tag (best music, best direction)
3: Tekken 3 (purely bad ass)
4: Tekken 5 (good pop and perfectly timed visual interacting with the music)
5: Tekken 2 (relaxing but thrilling)
6: Tekken 1 (trash)
7: Tekken 6 (game is the king of all fighting games, but the intro was gutter trash)

Top Bottom