• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 3.0 Preview: Today @ 10AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Pretty nice update, nothing insanely cool or unexpected, just some obvious shit that should have been in the phone from day 1.

NYR

typo said:
Free? For just iPhone users? What about us silly iPod touch owners?
10 bucks.

Salmonax said:
There's a hardware refresh coming out?
This summer is when they are supposed to announce it. I won't be surprised for some minor tweaks here and there with 3.0 coming on it out of the box. The only thing that has been seen or reported on is a bigger capacity and a matte back...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jts said:
No, by all means the definition of "need" is whatever it takes to sell like cupcakes, so I take that back: it doesn't need copy paste. Heck, it doesn't even "need" a home button, why don't they just put it on the earbuds cord? Sales-wise it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Sell like cupcakes and not perturb most users enough to prevent them from using the device on a regular, ongoing basis. Better?

goodcow

artredis1980 said:
Question 1: Where the fuck is flash

Do you own a Mac? Then you know how absolutely horrible Flash runs on it. Even on a Core2Duo 2.2 MacBook Pro, watching YouTube will cause the fans to spin up and the CPU to use about 60-70% resources just playing back a Flash video.

Flash's architecture on OSX needs to be completely gutted and re-written for the Mac platform, and by extension, the iPhone.

Until that happens, we're not going to see Flash on the device and I personally am glad. It runs like ass and it needs to be fixed. Period.

Salmonax

NYR said:
This summer is when they are supposed to announce it. I won't be surprised for some minor tweaks here and there with 3.0 coming on it out of the box.
That works for me. I can live without MMS for a few more months.

ckohler

Goodcow is right. Not to mention that having Flash or Java would circumvent Apple's ability to control the release of applications on the device.

11:34
David Chartier: USA Today: Video is still a black hole because of Flash. Is Flash coming at all?
David Chartier: Schiller says no announcements about Flash today. Forstall says there are plenty of easy workarounds for presenting video, H.264, other encodings that don't need Flash.
David Chartier: HTTP Streaming is also another option.

All well and good but how many sites have converted to iPhone standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom