• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: Impressions After 40 Hours (EDGE)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Its definitely not as great as Demons Souls and Dark Souls.

Dark Souls 2 is great. Not as good as Dark Souls 1, but I'd still choose Ds2 over most other games.

Only by some that can't accept that a game can be good even if it's not at the same level as its prequel.

Don't miss Dark Souls 2 if you like Bloodborne. It's an awesome game.

The way some people talk about it you can be forgiven for thinking they liken it to RE6, reception-wise.

(I had fun with RE6 though)

Dark Souls 2 is great.

Dark Souls 2 is an excellent game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Did you seen any for that remark?

Thanks for the replies. I'll certainly give it a go, I have a feeling I'm really gonna like BB so I'll probably be in the mood of another fix.

2AdEPT

Is Dark Souls 2 actually hated on GAF? Was gonna try it out on PS4 if I like Bloodborne
there are alwasys minor poitns that epople blow out of proprtion as negaitves and idealize as the best thing ever done, but nobody agrees on them all except that Souls games are all genereally awesone and none are to be missed.

Here's my predicition (the exact order matters less):

A. you will like Bloodborne
b. you will play the crap out of it
c.) you will want a new map and new story
d.) you will like and play the crap out of DS2
e.) you will want a new map and story
f.) you will want a new angle so you will buy a PC to play Dark Souls
g.) you will play the crap out of it
h.) you will get the dx11 version of DS2 cause you didint realize how much better playign it on PC is.....you wont care that this version is almost identical to the Ps4 version you simply wnat to help the developer.
i.) you will want new content so while you wait for Bloodborne 2 or DS3, you will buy/rebuy a PS3 for Demons' souls and like it, and play the crap out of it.
j.)..... the.....cycle continues............(but in between you will start a new character of any of the above, cause you just feel like it at the time.)

(Non-gross) rats are shown in the following monsters and mini-bosses IGN video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6RJD_PD_CE

Oh wow, giant plague rats like the ones from the Magic the Gathering card game. The ones in Bloodborne looked kind of cute.

The place I preordered Bloodborne is giving these with the game:
Bloodborne-PS4-Console-Skin-17292336-5.jpeg

The cover not PS4

I would kill to have a Bloodborne-themed PS4.

Hypron

Examples of where ive straight up said Dark Souls 2 is shit out of context or when not replying to another poster's opinions on the game?

I was just saying some people tend to post those things, I wasn't talking about you in particular. I realise now that my post was probably written a bit ambiguously, my bad.

Qvoth

checking 2ch for the gold event, this was what someone said

new trailer
sce producer yamagiwa's chalice dungeon demo play and then "ダンジョン作成に必要な血が足りずに、北尾宣伝担当の場つなぎ"
my japanese isn't that good but i think to create the dungeon you need a certain amount of blood? and then something about a pr guy continuing

edit: ost on april 26th, 3200 yen 2 discs

“Bloodborne was created after thorough discussions with Sony to find out what would be the best for the title,” he says.

“We didn’t try to make it similar to Demon’s Souls – but nor did we try to make it totally different, either.

“Since Bloodborne was developed for one platform, we were able to sharpen some of the ideas and implementation.”

Joe Palmer, product marketing manager at Sony, adds that From Software’s return to PlayStation is in fitting with the platform’s past legacy of RPG titles.

“RPG fans are hugely important to us,” he states. “It’s a genre that traditionally feels like core PlayStation territory.

“Bloodborne provides a great chance for us to tap into a highly engaged audience and give an invaluable contribution to PS4.”

Miyazaki adds that, while returning Souls players may recognise elements of past titles in Bloodborne, this is ultimately a whole new experience.

“As Bloodborne is a brand new IP, we are not thinking about differentiating between new users and existing users,” he comments. “We have tried to design the game so all users can enjoy exploring the unknown areas like the world or story and learn combat strategies using transforming weapons and guns. However, in that sense, this game may be more interesting for new users as many of its features are still unknown to them.”

One feature that embodies this ‘familiar yet unknown’ approach is Bloodborne’s multiplayer, which remains a bit of a mystery. Miyazaki says the mode will differ from that of past Souls titles, which allowed players to invade other games and summon human helpers through the use of in-game items.

“The multiplayer system in Bloodborne differs from those in Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls,” he explains. “As for the matchmaking system criticised in Dark Souls II, we are using a level-matching system similar to the previous titles I have directed.”

“Yes,” Miyazaki confirms. “There will be a New Game Plus mode.”

He laughs.

“We’re having trouble beating it, though.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/special-features/read/the-big-game-bloodborne/0166

Conduit

Banned
Because gamers on the internet mostly just like to do one thing: complain.

First it's "We want new IP's" and "Why do we only get sequels? I'm tired of every developer milking the same Ip's" and " I liked the first few games but now it's more of the same" and "This milking and recycling is why I dislike modern games, back in the day bla bla bla"

Then the devs make a new IP that's heavily influenced by their past work but is still aiming to be its own new thing

And how is it recieved?: "Why isn't this exactly like their previous game?" "I hate all the changes, why can't this just be more of the same?"

Well said. That's really, really sad. I hate that kind of gamers today. I mean, what is meaning of their gaming life anyway. Similar like U4 delay : "OMG, U4 is delayed! MY life's in ruins. I'm dissapointed, there is no other AAA game left on PS4...?" I mean, WTF? There is bunch of other games on PS4. But no, gamers don't have anything to play. But hey, it's today gamers. Bunch of whiners.

ViviOggi

Because gamers on the internet mostly just like to do one thing: complain.

First it's "We want new IP's" and "Why do we only get sequels? I'm tired of every developer milking the same Ip's" and " I liked the first few games but now it's more of the same" and "This milking and recycling is why I dislike modern games, back in the day bla bla bla"

Then the devs make a new IP that's heavily influenced by their past work but is still aiming to be its own new thing

And how is it recieved?: "Why isn't this exactly like their previous game?" "I hate all the changes, why can't this just be more of the same?"
It's almost as if different people have different opinions

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
checking 2ch for the gold event, this was what someone said

new trailer
sce producer yamagiwa's chalice dungeon demo play and then "ダンジョン作成に必要な血が足りずに、北尾宣伝担当の場つなぎ"
my japanese isn't that good but i think to create the dungeon you need a certain amount of blood? and then something about a pr guy continuing

edit: ost on april 26th, 3200 yen 2 discs

They messed up at the event. Didnt have enough blood to make the chalice dungeon so they had to sell some items. Was funny.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh shit were you there?
Comments on the new trailer?

Amazing.

Chalice dungeons are...amazing. Got to play one for bout a half an hour. Got to the second floor boss. Traps, weird enemies that respawn and track you down until you kill this enemy called the bell woman (tower of latria hello).

There was a fat oiled up castrated guy who rolls around evrywhere and tries to flatten you. Funny and terrifying at the same time (cause fatass is dast as fuck).

And the atmosphere god damn the art god DAMN this is such a grade up from dks2 it isnt even funny.

Everything about the game is incredible.

As a present i got a bloodborne ps4 skin and a dead messenger notepad thing.

patientx

Haven't finished ds2 yet (waiting for the big upgrade to startover) but I WANT THIS GAME NOW. Shame on them they don't release this on pc :(

HORRORSHØW

Amazing.

Chalice dungeons are...amazing. Got to play one for bout a half an hour. Got to the second floor boss. Traps, weird enemies that respawn and track you down until you kill this enemy called the bell woman (tower of latria hello).

There was a fat oiled up castrated guy who rolls around evrywhere and tries to flatten you. Funny and terrifying at the same time (cause fatass is dast as fuck).

And the atmosphere god damn the art god DAMN this is such a grade up from dks2 it isnt even funny.

giphy.gif

Hey mate. I'm also in Australia. Have you ever ordered games from that website ? Will it be delivered on the 25th ?

I've ordered from Mighty Ape plenty of times. It will be released on the 25th but won't get to Sydney until 27th latest. Will be playing on the weekend so I don't mind but if you want it on the 25th then get it at Dick Smith or JB Hifi.

RiverBed

Banned
Question: If I buy this game off of PSN now and leave my PS4 in rest mode till after the game launches, will I get back to find the game installed along with the day one patch and ready to be played? Or will some downloads/installs won't activate till the system is powered on?

I ask because I'll be out of town for 10 days and will only come back a few days after launch and I need to gauge my anticipation.

Cheers.

Elixist

Amazing.

244.gif

1016.gif

979.gif

sounds awesome too bad its not as replayable.

Ole-G

Banned
I've ordered from Mighty Ape plenty of times. It will be released on the 25th but won't get to Sydney until 27th latest. Will be playing on the weekend so I don't mind but if you want it on the 25th then get it at Dick Smith or JB Hifi.

I really like that console skin. Do you think I could get it separately somewhere ?

Question: If I buy this game off of PSN now and leave my PS4 in rest mode till after the game launches, will I get back to find the game installed along with the day one patch and ready to be played? Or will some downloads/installs won't activate till the system is powered on?

I ask because I'll be out of town for 10 days and will only come back a few days after launch and I need to gauge my anticipation.

Cheers.

It should download and install when preordered and in rest mode. Make sure you have the option for that on.

Elixist

guys i was completely trolling about the replay thing. how do you say things like that when you havent completed it, or even seen all the features.

Elixist

maybe he means its wont be as surprising on replay and that would take away a bit. i guess i can get on board that explanation , but not the one we have here, comparing the games hes probably played hundreds of hours to one hes played for 40.

Top Bottom