• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing there are people camped out at gamestops already?

Guessing everything about amiibos is still fucking horrible nightmarish shit?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got $25 for GameStop. I guess if other Wave 4 amiibo are available, I'll pre-order Ness, then Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, & maybe Wario (who I suspect will be the common of the wave, along with maybe Pac-Man considering Sonic & MM aren't hard to find).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, right, I forgot Falco doesn't have his amiibo as well. So that's 4 characters left + the 2 DLC characters........they're gonna join the July/Wave 5 line-up, aren't they...

Also SORT OF tempted on Charizard, but I know he'll be easy to find as well.

Boogiepop

Target's handling of Roselina was wonderful here.

I got her, but she was the only one I was unable to preorder so far. Hopefully they have their systems a little better sorted out this time so it's not just a half dozen chances to preorder for a five minute span at 3 in the morning, ending with me needing to arrive at a Target at opening day for an amiibo launch again.

I'm hoping that the future waves' preorder situation won't be as fucked since retailers seem to be handling it better, there aren't any dock strike issues and the scalping market has cooled somewhat. Store exclusives will be a PITA but based on the SM line's availability I think it will be much smoother this time.

have a Gold Mario as tradebait just-in-case

Greninja is a store exclusive? Welp I'm done collect this entire line. Only going to get the ones I want. This is getting out of hand the exclusives.

I'm just hoping that Wal-Mart never gets an exclusive again...every other store was great about their exclusives (in my area at least), but Gold Mario was a total clusterfuck. The only time I have ever swore at a cashier to their face (guy made seven people wait in line for an hour even though he fucking knew that he only had three GM).

Nintendo loves watching all us rats fight over one piece of cheese.

9c7.gif

RootCause

I'm hoping that the future waves' preorder situation won't be as fucked since retailers seem to be handling it better, there aren't any dock strike issues and the scalping market has cooled somewhat. Store exclusives will be a PITA but based on the SM line's availability I think it will be much smoother this time.

have a Gold Mario as tradebait just-in-case
Gold Mario😱 My store is supposed to get some in this week. Told me to check everyday. 😥

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how rare are people thinking the Splatoon 3-pack will be? Would be nice if there was a special bundle of that & the game so I can just get all of them at once.

Gartooth

Ness is the only Amiibo we have an exact time for going up right? At the very least I would hope that Gamestop has all their Amiibo go up at 3pm EST with Ness to make things easier.

RootCause

So how rare are people thinking the Splatoon 3-pack will be? Would be nice if there was a special bundle of that & the game so I can just get all of them at once.
The squid thing is exclusive to the bundle. So I'd imagine anyone interested in having the set will go for that one. Could be hard to find. Just pre-order it to be safe.

dodgeme

Well not really trying to get all of these and I'm not too worried about jigglypuff, but the rest of the wave intrigues me so I'll prolly preorder all of them with ness. If I get a shot at jiggly though I won't pass it up. Kinda enjoy the thrill of hunting these things down.

Fox Mulder

Target's handling of Roselina was wonderful here.

Target was the worst. Rosalina basically released on a national holiday on superbowl Sunday and their preorders were a joke. Never restocking is dumb.

Best buy isn't far behind with meta knight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The squid thing is exclusive to the bundle. So I'd imagine anyone interested in having the set will go for that one. Could be hard to find. Just pre-order it to be safe.
Oh right, forgot the squid form was bundle-exclusive. Maybe instead of Pac-Man & Wario, I'll pre-order that instead to be safe along with Ness, Robin, & Lucina.

Lunarian

Neo Member
So I can go preorder Ness instore at gamestop as soon as they open or is it 1200 PST regardless of in store/online?

Tanukid

Target was the worst. Rosalina basically released on a national holiday on superbowl Sunday and their preorders were a joke. Never restocking is dumb.

Best buy isn't far behind with meta knight.

I second target being the worst, which makes them getting another exclusive pretty disappointing. Though Best Buy is the King daddy of bad luck when it comes to getting exclusive amiibo.

Gamestop has been fairly good out of all of them when it came to ordering amiibo, which I wasn't excepting.

Welp, got all the stores logged in and ready for the unexpected. I've learned my lesson about pre-ordering this time! Though it might be too late...|<

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The title annoys me because this is actually thread five. Joke titles ruin future searches!

Also the light blue yarn Yoshi will soon be my most prized possession.

Don't worry! My OTs from here on have all the threads so you can easily click back to them. You have clicked on Thread 4, right? ;)

So I can go preorder Ness instore at gamestop as soon as they open or is it 1200 PST regardless of in store/online?

No, as I said on the last page, for this wave Gamestop is only doing preorders on the site or via the in store Web In Store service (basically same thing) they are not doing in store preorders according to what I read last night at work.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Pulled up to Gamestop 20 minutes before open so I can verify when they're doing Ness, nobody else is camped out or waiting around.

Will post again when I find out what the plan is.

I don't trust the GS site to not crash under the load of rabid EB fans.

Pulled up to Gamestop 20 minutes before open so I can verify when they're doing Ness, nobody else is camped out or waiting around.

2pm CT

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

If only you could pre-order over the phone. If it had been available yesterday for pre-order I would have gone!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I thought pre-orders were web in-store or online only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom