• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA5:LR PC Modding Thread

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Less sensationalism, less clicks etc. These guys are governed by cash. Not saying they don't have a passion but the underlying cashflow is always a concern when the bills have to be paid. Just be thankful there are people like me who genuinely appreciate what other gamers can do and spread the word as much as I can.

Good work fellas.

Also, Mila's fighting style certainly fits Vanessa but I'd say Lisa's look would fit better.

Vazra

Less sensationalism, less clicks etc. These guys are governed by cash. Not saying they don't have a passion but the underlying cashflow is always a concern when the bills have to be paid. Just be thankful there are people like me who genuinely appreciate what other gamers can do and spread the word as much as I can.

Good work fellas.

Also, Mila's fighting style certainly fits Vanessa but I'd say Lisa's look would fit better.

Mila can work greatly if the outfit needed is within the DLC or future mods. Right now the clothes she has dont lend themselves for Vanessa.

Vazra

11064759_748387801945721_7869867121006453220_o.jpg

Extremely early W.I.P Mai Shiranui.

Some videos of the Dead or Alive 5 custom mods. Not sure how to embed the player here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idkt5AyRcig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGp5eHHtbUU

And if creators are looking for ideas, I'd love to see Sarah changed into Nina Williams if possible.
Cool vids, thanks! Hope it doesn't get pulled...

It looks like the moderators on /r/doamods are organizing a texture mod competition possibly with DLC as prizes. We'll no doubt see some cool stuff come out of it if it goes ahead.

I'm just sitting over here waiting for model replacement and being able to make characters use other characters moves...

Lots of progress being made on that front... Noesis just got a plugin for the new PC format, Archivarius was updated as well... just a few more tools need updating and modding will be on the same level as the 360 mods.

Trojan X

Banned
Holy crap I honestly thought these were Dreamcast screens. Great job

Does anyone think it's possible to make the cutscenes 60fps? They feel so ratchet

There might be a possibility that force the cut scenes to run at 60fps could ruin the sound synch. I'm not 100% on that though.

Fantastic and will deffo appear in my next DOA 5 video! Now please do Nina with Sarah. Two of her outfits (the Black Dress & the Tight Skin Suit) would be purrfect.

Vazra

Anna might not be in Tekken 7 but at least she is on DOA5. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vazra

Awesome. Sarah outfit crashes the game and wont allow her to be selectable.

Similar things happened to me with Mai Kasumi but I managed to make it work by starting the game with nothing being activated and then activate the outfit when you are on the characters. It might crash a few times at first but after that it worked fine ever since.

KHlover

Banned
Awesome. Sarah outfit crashes the game and wont allow her to be selectable.

Strange, works perfectly fine for me. Try only using "game_W1024_H1024_F827611204_T_0X7DFE8558C4E97BC0.dds" and report back, that's the only file that actually does anything, the other file seems to have slipped in when I zipped the archive.

No it's the same when I deactivate the mods highlighting Sarah crashes the game. How do I remove that rogue entry?

Ok figured it out

KHlover

Banned
No it's the same when I deactivate the mods highlighting Sarah crashes the game. How do I remove that rogue entry?
The only way I found so far to completely remove mods is to highlight "Single textures" or whatever it is called, right klick it and then use "Remove selected package" (could be called slightly different, not in front of my PC right now). However this will remove ALL mods, which you then have to drag and drop again.

I was going to make one last texture mod for marie which was going to be a short hair mod, but the way the textures mip means they get incredibly blurry the further away the camera is, so the alpha bleeds and part of the hair that I cut with the alpha gets a weird semi transparent look if you zoom the camera out. it's a shame cause marie looks incredibly cute with shorter twin tails, and they look kinda fun bouncing around as she fights.

lFAcEbP.jpg

Another reason why we need model swapping :mad:

Hahaha http://imgur.com/a/tLvRI/
And here's the video...(please will someone embed these for the love of...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xTXV_2j8o
Awesome dude, KHlover that's a real nice retexture, will update the OP soon

Edit: daaamn someone on FSD is working on this Hitomi texture overhaul

Edit:

Mechanical.

Seems someone at Tecmo Koei JPN doesn't like these mod videos and put a strike on the Shenmue vid. I've also removed the others until I can get an all clear.

Ampsicora

I'm guessing their fear about these mods was people using them instead of spending money on theirs costumes.

8ymgtmr.png

Just, holy molly.

Tecmo has lost a golden oppotunity.
The only way to save this port is... making a drastic change:

• Making a store inside the game with various costumes at human prices (I know, is not a popular idea, but with TF2 works, no?)
  • Instead to threaten the modders and PC gamers, make a workshop with the possibility to create costumes for your game (Again like TF2)
  • Approve only the costumes you think are good enough for your game and giving a % to who created it (TF2)

So... Basically like TF2

Now, I know, still not good enough, but is more logical than what Tecmo did. Right?... R-Right?

Mechanical.

Seems someone at Tecmo Koei JPN doesn't like these mod videos and put a strike on the Shenmue vid. I've also removed the others until I can get an all clear.
This is one of the reasons I haven't been adding any videos to the OP because they keep getting DMCA'd, it became clear soon after mods started appearing that KT weren't just going after NSFW stuff.

I've never heard of a company trying to push some kind of misguided brand integrity so hard, and at such a cost to themselves.

I have seen people say "their threat to PC modders about not creating any more games for PC is bullshit, of course they'll port future titles over if there's money in it for them", and I initially agreed but now i'm not so sure. What they're currently doing can't possibly be good for profits, they must know that, being a business, they must have people that advise them about good business. Which leads me to the conclusion that they really do care more about the brand being seen as some kind of pure, virginal thing that mustn't be touched, than the money they're getting from it.

It's funny because some of the texture mods I've seen are for costumes that are DLC. I'd have to give KT money to even use mods that other people make (and would have by now if i could buy the packs individually). There's absolutely no way that they are blind to the extra revenue that mods will generate for them, and they're not blind to the free marketing they're getting from people uploading videos of mods to youtube. That they are willingly sacrificing profits to maintain their brand's pseudo moral high ground is the most concerning thing I've ever seen from a publisher.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the reasons I haven't been adding any videos to the OP because they keep getting DMCA'd, it became clear soon after mods started appearing that KT weren't just going after NSFW stuff.

I've never heard of a company trying to push some kind of misguided brand integrity so hard, and at such a cost to themselves.

I have seen people say "their threat to PC modders about not creating any more games for PC is bullshit, of course they'll port future titles over if there's money in it for them", and I initially agreed but now i'm not so sure. What they're currently doing can't possibly be good for profits, they must know that, being a business, they must have people that advise them about good business. Which leads me to the conclusion that they really do care more about the brand being seen as some kind of pure, virginal thing that mustn't be touched, than the money they're getting from it.

It's funny because some of the texture mods I've seen are for costumes that are DLC. I'd have to give KT money to even use mods that other people make (and would have by now if i could buy the packs individually). There's absolutely no way that they are blind to the extra revenue that mods will generate for them, and they're not blind to the free marketing they're getting from people uploading videos of mods to youtube. That they are willingly sacrificing profits to maintain their brand's pseudo moral high ground is the most concerning thing I've ever seen from a publisher.

I only remember FROM Software making similar comments before Dark Souls PC. But I guess they never followed through on their warnings because the first mod was a fix to their lazy port. And I'm not sure they even meant going after modders, just that they don't support them at all due to artistic vision stuff.

Anywho, I hope this blows over after a little while. It's not like they can actually stop it, especailly not by just blocking the videos on YouTube.
And here's the video...(please will someone embed these for the love of...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xTXV_2j8o
I don't think that's possible on DesktopGAF. On mobile your vid is embed though, based mobile browser :)
Can't you guys just greasemonkey it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tecmo has lost a golden oppotunity.
The only way to save this port is... making a drastic change:

• Making a store inside the game with various costumes at human prices (I know, is not a popular idea, but with TF2 works, no?)
  • Instead to threaten the modders and PC gamers, make a workshop with the possibility to create costumes for your game (Again like TF2)
  • Approve only the costumes you think are good enough for your game and giving a % to who created it (TF2)

So... Basically like TF2

Now, I know, still not good enough, but is more logical than what Tecmo did. Right?... R-Right?

I stated this when the port was announced. But there is no way they're doing to do that when this is just an arcade port. :/

I stated this when the port was announced. But there is no way they're doing to do that when this is just an arcade port. :/

Correct, it would take a lot of work on their part and require several someones to be full time just on fan project rating duty which sounds like a lot of money.

Top Bottom