• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 just got Photomode update

Alienous

LeadingFreshBluefish.gif

sorry for spamming the thread, I'm just having fun. >.>

wow

The Order 1886 diorama competition?

Damn I kinda wished I never sold the game now. This would have been godly and worthy of a second playthrough I never did.

Oh well. Maybe if it turns up on PS+ at any point in the future.

thelastword

Banned
I think the lack of downsampling is in nextgen photo modes is better. That way everyone knows that captured visuals are from REALTIME game that runs at 30 of 60fps. No fakery is included [there was some additional AA in DC photomode if camera is stationary for a bit].

As for HQ images, hopefully they will add better capture system one day. Until then, vast majority of the gamers are sharing images that look good but not awesome.
Agreed, the IQ on the majority of games this gen are good enough that no bullshotting is necessary. When you watch a photomode shot it should be representative of the game and not vice-versa. The worse thing that can happen is that someone sees a photomode shot, buys the game and feels disappointed that the visuals are not on par.

Hope all of you are enjoying Photo Mode so far. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the mode. It's available via a free patch, so if it doesn't automatically download, just select "Check for Updates" under the game's info on your PS4.

For those asking, and to double confirm, you can play through The Order: 1886 with any filters you want (or don't want), and adjust them on the fly. You can also reset everything back to normal as needed.

Oh, and feel free to experiment with how Amazing you can make the game using the Amazing filter plus other adjustments. It can make for quite the experience...
Great Job, I hope you guys are working on some dlc, if not the sequel.

I have a capture card, but mine was made with the PS4 share.

I used the Disposable Film one, it's the very first option. :)
Making that gif made me want to make a video so that's what I'm doing now. This is hands down the best photomode in a game so far I think.

I can't believe how insane it looks man truly great work.

benzy

Hope all of you are enjoying Photo Mode so far. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the mode. It's available via a free patch, so if it doesn't automatically download, just select "Check for Updates" under the game's info on your PS4.

For those asking, and to double confirm, you can play through The Order: 1886 with any filters you want (or don't want), and adjust them on the fly. You can also reset everything back to normal as needed.

Oh, and feel free to experiment with how Amazing you can make the game using the Amazing filter plus other adjustments. It can make for quite the experience...

This is a really neat addition here, props to you guys allowing it to work in-game.

ybrnzu.gif

jwbrwl.gif

Jigolo

Jesus. Christ.

Photomode
on pretty games
is amazing.

Question, did you turn the film grain off when you took those shots?

Ricky_R

This is what I was waiting for. Incredible. Thanks.

Thanks, you're welcome... I haven't been able to sink in during gameplay though. Also, cut-scenes don't let you move the camera freely. Thought we would be able considering they are in real time.

Anyway, love that you can remove other characters. I removed Sir Percival in that Galahad shot, hehe.

Cool. Really have enjoyed this game. Nice to see after release support.

Now bring on a meaty, SP expansion for cheap or free to add some padding to the somewhat short playtime in the original release & I'm guessing all will be forgiven by even the biggest critics. ;) Get some momentum going before releasing the sequel....

Jigolo

Cool. Really have enjoyed this game. Nice to see after release support.

Now bring on a meaty, SP expansion for cheap or free to add some padding to the somewhat short playtime in the original release & I'm guessing all will be forgiven by even the biggest critics. ;) Get some momentum going before releasing the sequel....

I'm pretty sure RaD is going straight to The Order 1886 2

Getting out of the photo mode and keeping the grading applied to the gameplay is absolutely awesome. Of course I respect the original artistic vision of the team, but this is something really fun that should be unlocked in a NG+ in every game. I wished I had more time to play with this right now, but I'll be spending a lot of time with this on the weekend.

Bravo!

benzy

Thanks, you're welcome... I haven't been able to sink in during gameplay though. Also, cut-scenes don't let you move the camera freely. Thought we would be able considering they are in real time.

I think cutscenes actually have additional lightsource setups to make the skin look better and less flat-looking like how we see in some of the gameplay. So if we were to move the camera in cutscenes we'd basically be able to see "stage-lights" like on a movie set. Andrea Pessino mentioned it in one of his interviews.

You can notice the differences here.

benusz.jpg

mcopkh.jpg

If you find the right lighting and angle in-game though, you can basically get the cutscene quality light and scattering.

jkdqkp.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
LeadingFreshBluefish.gif

sorry for spamming the thread, I'm just having fun. >.>

Goodness gracious!

This will surely get the game some good PR!

Can't wait to take some pics myself.

Ricky_R

I think cutscenes actually have additional lightsource setups to make the skin look better and less flat-looking like how we see in some of the gameplay. So if we were to move the camera in cutscenes we'd basically be able to see "stage-lights" like on a movie set. Andrea Pessino mentioned it in one of his interviews.

benusz.jpg

mcopkh.jpg

If you find the right lighting and angle in-game though, you can basically get the cutscene quality light and scattering.

jkdqkp.jpg

Yeah, you're right. Character models in cut-scenes look better.

Btw, that last shot looks great.

luca_29_bg

benusz.jpg

mcopkh.jpg

jkdqkp.jpg

so it's not identical in cut scene compared to gameplay segments, like rad always has stated....:/

Zomba13

My cousin actually lent the game to me yesterday. Such great timing to get the game. Took a bunch of photos earlier.

Top Bottom