• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to have new exclusive IP at E3, focus more on first party titles

MavFan619

Banned
I bought my Xbox One primarily because I want to play Scalebound anything else exclusive wise is gravy. Can't wait for E3.

Bsigg12

black Tusk studios - Gears of War
Rare - Old IP (Banjoo?)
Turn 10 - Forza 6
343 Industries - Halo 5

E3 2015 is the stage for MS First Party Studios

Scalebound and Crackdown. They have potential to have a ton of awesome stuff shown, it'll be interesting.

Zophar

MS' portfolio needs something to balance it out away from TPS/FPS/Racing, so here's hoping it's an RPG or platformer.

Occam

So we should expect a pre-rendered trailer for a game to be released in ~2 years at Microsoft's E3 presentation?

Kyoufu

Not really surprising to be honest. This is basically their best and only course of action when they're not in the position where 3rd parties and indies are flocking to them.

They won't have major third party games like Battlefront, MGSV or Black Ops 3 at their conference so of course they'll need to promote their system with compelling 1st party exclusives.

I just hope they actually announce compelling 1st party titles. I'm not interested in Forza and Fable.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
black Tusk studios - Gears of War
Rare - Old IP (Banjoo?)
Turn 10 - Forza 6
343 Industries - Halo 5

E3 2015 is the stage for MS First Party Studios
When Phil Spencer says first party he doesn't only refer to games made by first party studios. (Wholly owned subsidiaries.)

There can be stuff nobody is even aware of, just like with Ori last year.

They won't have major third party games like Battlefront, MGSV or Black Ops 3 at their conference so of course they'll need to promote their system with compelling 1st party exclusives.
Why can't they have MGS V? That debuted at a Microsoft conference.

jbug617

Banned
Not really surprising to be honest. This is basically their best and only course of action when they're not in the position where 3rd parties and indies are flocking to them.

I just hope they actually announce compelling 1st party titles. I'm not interested in Forza and Fable.

Blops 3 will be at MS

Welfare

New IP is great!

MS have to make the Xbox One a more attractive console with more first party exclusives.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

hmmm why?

New IP is great!

MS have to make the Xbox One a more attractive console with more first party exclusives.

yup yuppp they need to have a couple atleast to separate from forza/gears/halo - scalebound is a good start

phantom dust - is who knows where right now

so it's really exciting to see what rare might have in place that maybe a new IP.

Tenebrous

MS' portfolio needs something to balance it out away from TPS/FPS/Racing, so here's hoping it's an RPG or platformer.

Isn't Sony's only first party RPG franchise White Knight Chronicles? Souls/Borne, while collab efforts, are closer to being second party.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Because Sony has marketing rights for the game.
Oh. I wasn't aware that those marketing things can change per title in the lead up to launch.

I just assumed it's like The Witcher 3 which was also shown at that same E3 conference and that has retained the co-marketing rights and bundles and such.

Mr Moose

I have an odd feeling they didn't renew their CoD thing and Sony got it, like the rumours suggest.

Also... PERFECT DARK!!! *crosses fingers*

You sure? It's rumored that MS lost CoD marketing.

That popped up last year too and in the end it was just that. A rumour.

This year its even worse since no one who might actually know is even hinting at COD marketing changing. Its just people spinning their wheels trying to think of stuff

Plus Sony has the big retail Destiny Expansion and Battlefront. They are not going to open the check book to market another 3rd party FPS even if it is COD

That popped up last year too and it was just that. A rumour.

Plus Sony has the big retail Destiny Expansion and Battlefront. They are not going to open the check book to market another 3rd party FPS even if it is COD

I think people are assuming sony has marketing, maybe MS just doesn't have it anymore? Doesn't mean sony does, COD will sell with Activision marketing fine.

Links_fantasy

They sort of have to as all the big third party games are on both systems, Sony is getting all the major indie titles and Japanese devs who made 360 versions of their mid sized games in the past are now skipping Xbone altogether. Plus they have wasted Rares IP's for years and have relied far too heavily on Halo, Gears and Forza.

abadguy

Banned
For the love of god just show me Scalebound gameplay.

This and Gears are my most anticipated at E3 from MS. Looking forward to seeing what the new IP is.

That's good to hear. I've always disliked how they had 15-20 minutes of their conference dedicated to stuff like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and other third party titles. I'm sure we'll still get some of that stuff but when I watch the conference I want to see what Microsoft is working and focusing on, not what Activision or Ubisoft are doing.

COD especially. We already know a new COD is coming an people are going to buy it, rather see new stuff than them wasting time on that shit.

Isn't Lionhead working on a new IP?

Yup. Twisted Pixel as well.

This stuff never ends up translating into anything come E3 whenever any of the companies say stuff like this. I've stopped listening to them because every time the conference'll end and I have to ask myself what they were actually talking about. And then it turns out it was some small downloadable title or something. Happens every conference.

Chobel

That popped up last year too and in the end it was just that. A rumour.

This year its even worse since no one who might actually know is even hinting at COD marketing changing. Its just people spinning their wheels trying to think of stuff

I dunno about last year rumor, but this one is coming from credible sources.

Top Bottom