• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tip: Teach yourself how to use After Effects, it'll make things such as these so much easier.
Thanks :) AE is great but as far as I know it still can't track you still need to do things by hand.
Yes I know their is tracking but it can't predict or direct the exact movements as far as I know.

LordofPwn

This killed me. Best part is that I can totally see Boyes doing this.
At least give me credit. Also might totally have to make him that shirt and send it to him.

Thanks :) AE is great but as far as I know it still can't track you still need to do things by hand.
Yes I know their is tracking but it can't predict or direct the exact movements as far as I know.
It has a very nice tracker if you know how to deal with problematic things like low contrast. It sometimes helps to manipulate the image before you track.

AE is great. I use it everyday

Turkoop

Banned
I would be very happy to see these unnannounced Games
  • RDR 2
  • Horizon
  • Mafia 3
  • New Tennis Game by 2K
  • Fallout 4 - I'm sure we will see it
  • Agent Re-Reveal
  • The Last Guardian Re-Reveal
  • Media Molecules IP

Nintendo
Since Nintendo tends to be console focused during their conferenece, I'll start with stuff that is going to be at E3 but not in their digital event
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Style Savvy 3
- Rhythm Heaven The Best +
- Fatal Frame V
-Yo-kai Watch
- If they have a direct in May, Yoshi's Woolly World (otherwise it will be in the digital event)

Now for the conference
- A short mention of amiibo
-Smash DLC
- Mario Maker
-Indie Reel
- A new Pokemon game, likely that Pokemon Detective game they teased, I spotted the Writer for the past two main Pokemon games is working on a new game, with expanded roles than the last one but not Lead Writer which leads me to believe the game is more cinematic focused
-Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
-Fire Emblem If
- Animal Crossing: HHD, with a tease for the Wii U version
-Star Fox Wii U
- Devil's Third
- A Wii U Metroid for 2016
-Maybe a new game from a Western studio
I'll probably figure out

biteren

wooo! E3 hype thread!! so you know what that means for me!!!!

my 11th anual E3 viewer party!!! woot!!! last year was alright, but this year we gonna make it popin!!

17afebc395caa87522e1f8f27de85172.png

its like a holiday for me and my friends!!

anyways, i cant really predict what hasnt already been said but ill take a guess and say they will be a gameplay reveal for Crackdown. and maybe a surprise indie title.

salromano

my 11th anual E3 viewer party!!! woot!!! last year was alright, but this year we gonna make it popin!!

anyways, i cant really predict what hasnt already been said but ill take a guess and say they will be a gameplay reveal for Crackdown. and maybe a surprise indie title.

Zelda won't be at E3, though. =P

I've got my fingers crossed for a Vita blow out.

God of War, new Wipeout (unrealistic, but let me dream), a new Uncharted (perhaps serve as a prequel to set up events in 4?), sequel to Unit 13 (although this is as likely as a new Wipeout), new KZ (I know, unlikely...)

Looking forward to Starfox and the other already known games to be at Nintendo's show.

But if Nintendo can pull out a Sunshine HD, a Paper Mario U and/or F-Zero, that'd be a great show.

I would be very happy to see these unnannounced Games
  • RDR 2
  • Horizon
  • Mafia 3
  • New Tennis Game by 2K
  • Fallout 4 - I'm sure we will see it
  • Agent Re-Reveal
  • The Last Guardian Re-Reveal
  • Media Molecules IP

RDR2/Fallout 4

thats all i need to hear and iwont care about anything else if those two happen to be announced

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Microsoft Exclusive marketing deal with SCE for Knack DLC
Total War: Virtua Tennis
The Last Guardian MOBA
Amy Hennig presents Star Wars: Uncharted
Non-games at Sony, one AAA by Quantic Dream and seven others by "the people that worked on Journey"
Prey 2 now on an engine from this decade
Original Spider-Man game by Sucker Punch
Project Morpheus goes viral by which I mean the eye infection goes viral.
PlayStation Original Programming with Shenmue 3 the TV Show featuring Jackie Chan as Ryo Hazuki

Dinjooh

Well yea, the tracking is sort of hit n' miss. But I'm guessing that you're right now masking out the frames one at a time in photoshop, which is gonna take fucking ages - not to mention that you'll probably experience slowdown and some insane file sizes since Photoshop still haven't fully transitioned to these kinds of workflows.

If I were to do the same thing in AE i'd put my mask the right place at the first frame it has to be in, and the last one, and then let keyframe interpolation do it's thing - after that I'd quickly go from frame to frame and look for errors with CMD+Arrowkeys (on mac) - which eliminates the need for several layers and should in most cases automate some of the work.

Oh well, it's your call. I'd be glad to help if you'll ever need it.

At least give me credit. Also might totally have to make him that shirt and send it to him.

It has a very nice tracker if you know how to deal with problematic things like low contrast. It sometimes helps to manipulate the image before you track.

Well yea, the tracking is sort of hit n' miss. But I'm guessing that you're right now masking out the frames one at a time in photoshop, which is gonna take fucking ages - not to mention that you'll probably experience slowdown and some insane file sizes since Photoshop still haven't fully transitioned to these kinds of workflows.

If I were to do the same thing in AE i'd put my mask the right place at the first frame it has to be in, and the last one, and then let keyframe interpolation do it's thing - after that I'd quickly go from frame to frame and look for errors with CMD+Arrowkeys (on mac) - which eliminates the need for several layers and should in most cases automate some of the work.

Oh well, it's your call. I'd be glad to help if you'll ever need it.
I'll keep that in mind thanks! :)

BY2K

Membero Americo

Zelda won't even be at E3. :(

FluxWaveZ

Rewatching the Sony E3 2014 conference. Probably in the minority here, but I do not want to see a prolonged No Man's Sky demo at an E3 conference again, unless it's something significantly different from what they've shown before.

Josh5890

Rewatching the Sony E3 2014 conference. Probably in the minority here, but I do not want to see a prolonged No Man's Sky demo at an E3 conference again, unless it's something significantly different from what they've shown before.

I agree but I'm expecting five minutes going to that game.

Chris1

anyone think we'll see watch dogs 2? this fall would make it 2 years since it was originally meant to be released or 1.5 since it actually came out, thats about the same as ac1›ac2 isn't it?

sora87

Sony's conference will last a total of 35 minutes
(and be 25 minutes late)
and consist of only Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian and Agent.

Luke_Wal

My bad, man. I couldn't figure out how to add the username to the regular quote tag without copying your entire post. I guess the = after the quote is what makes it work?

Tester said:
Is it working?

MattyG

Banned
So I think we can all agree that there's a good chance we'll see Fallout 4 at E3 this year, right? What do you guys want to see out of it?

Personally, I'm hoping for:

- A new engine that's as dynamic and interactive as the Creation Engine, but without the jank.
- A new and interesting location. I don't care if it's West Coast or East Coast, I love them both, just do something interesting with it.
- Scale. Fallout 3 and new Vegas are big games, but everything feels really scaled down. New Vegas is a small town, and Downtown DC isn't anything to write home about. Whether it's set in LA or Boston or wherever, I hope the cities and towns can be believably vast places to get lost in and explore.
- NO VEHICLES. I know a lot of people want vehicles in Fallout. I don't. I love trekking across the Wasteland and seeing what I find along the way instead of blowing by it all.
- Improved customization. Let me customize my weapons, my armor, and my base to a greater degree than 3 and NV.

Welfare

So I think we can all agree that there's a good chance we'll see Fallout 4 at E3 this year, right? What do you guys want to see out of it?

Personally, I'm hoping for:

- NO VEHICLES. I know a lot of people want vehicles in Fallout. I don't. I love trekking across the Wasteland and seeing what I find along the way instead of blowing by it all.

I don't know, I think something like a motorcycle could work. It would make the trek across the wasteland much more bearable, could customize its appearance, maybe add a frontal SMG, and just ride around the wastes like a boss.

Any true adventurer could still look at every nook and cranny for supplies, enemy camps and the like, and hey, it could make some new enemy types/groups. A biker gang in a post apocalyptic setting might be cliche but damn it would be cool.

I'd rather they add a vehicle to fuck around with than a stamina bar for sprinting.

MattyG

Banned
I don't know, I think something like a motorcycle could work. It would make the trek across the wasteland much more bearable, could customize its appearance, maybe add a frontal SMG, and just ride around the wastes like a boss.

Any true adventurer could still look at every nook and cranny for supplies, enemy camps and the like, and hey, it could make some new enemy types/groups. A biker gang in a post apocalyptic setting might be cliche but damn it would be cool.

I'd rather they add a vehicle to fuck around with than a stamina bar for sprinting.
I guess something small and relatively slow would be okay. I just don't want them to go full Borderlands/Mad Max on us with cars and buggies and stuff.

Welfare

I guess something small and relatively slow would be okay. I just don't want them to go full Borderlands/Mad Max on us with cars and buggies and stuff.

I wouldn't want that either. Would wreck the Fallout feel if they added stuff like that.

Fallout 4 prayers

Microsoft will start off with another surprising conference filled with game announcements mostly from third parties that will be multiplat with at least one true exclusive at most. In the end, a decent conference but doomed to be seen as the worst out of the three.

Sony will spend damn near an hour talking about non game related services till the point everyone will consider trading in their PS4's until the one surprise exclusive
Not The Last Guardian
that gets everyone hype and actually believing that the conference was good.

Nintendo's conference Digital Announcement will be filled with games and announcements, and Treehouse. Excellent for those who watched. Worst conference ever for those who didn't and
Spleiner Eins

In the end "Sony wins E3 for
reasons.
"

OranSky

Banned
There are a bunch of easy predictions on what the big conferences will show. It's the reveals that are the kickers and I honestly can't think of much that has not already been said already here.

My one true prediction though: After a glorious trailer the screen will fade to black showing a new release date. Starwars Battlefront will get delayed to some point in early 2016 we will get the proposed DLC as a standalone for free as an apology and to keep the tie in with Episode 7. And they will outright hold content for future DLC despite that issue being addressed because EA gotta EA. Mark my words.

It would be cool if in Fallout 4 you have to search for parts and build a vehicle. I would really like it if you had to work to get a vehicle and they dont just hand one to you.

My safe predictions:

Nintendo:

Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Starfox
Devil's Third
Fatal Frame V
Animal Crossing U for holiday 2015
3D Metroid for 2016
F-Zero for 2016
Pikmin 4 for 2016
The Wonderful 102 teased

Yo-Kai Watch
Fire Emblem If
Rhythm Heaven 3DS
2D Metroid for holiday 2015
Dragon Quest VII localisation
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 for 2016
Wario Land for 2016

Sony:

Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted 4
Indies (Rime, No Mans Sky etc plus new announcements)
The Last Guardian re-unvealed
Jak 4 by Naughty Dog
Ape Escape 4
Gravity Rush 2
Gravity Rush Remastered
Crash PS4
Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III trailers
Dragon Quest XI

Microsoft:

Scalebound gameplay, early 2016 release
Banjo-Threeie
Some other shooters and stuff

OranSky

Banned
My safe predictions:

Animal Crossing U for holiday 2015
3D Metroid for 2016
F-Zero for 2016
Pikmin 4 for 2016
The Wonderful 102 teased
2D Metroid for holiday 2015
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 for 2016
The Last Guardian re-unvealed
Jak 4 by Naughty Dog
Banjo-Threeie

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with these being anywhere near safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom