• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
There's nothing quite like the versatility of mobile. Phone calls, applications, internet browsing, gaming, movies, music, and many more uses. Love it or hate it, you've got to respect it. That's the great thing about the GAF Mobile Gaming Universe.

I love this part of the year, so here are a few of my predictions.

Nintendo
  • New Nintendo 3DS with Face Plates, North American Launch
  • Super Mario Platformer, 3DS & New 3DS Bundle
  • Tomodachi Life 2, 3DS
  • Game boy Advance & Nintendo DS Virtual Console, 3DS
  • Wii U System Update & New Features
  • Animal Crossing, Wii U
  • Metroid, Wii U
  • Gamecube Virtual Console, Wii U
  • Star Fox
  • Legend of Zelda Teaser
  • Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon & Captain Toad DLC
  • Animal Crossing Amiibo & Amiibo Cards
  • Club Nintendo Replacement with Universal Nintendo Account for Wii U & 3DS

Maggots

Banned
Double metroid

3DS and Wii U

just like back in the day with prime and fusion.

the twist is the 2D metroid is on Wii U and the 3D metorid is on 3DS

anothertech

The Last Guardian

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Gears of War

Battletoads

Metroid

Half Life 3

If just one of those makes it to E3 along with Phantom Dust confirmation and new Ninja Theory game, my E3 will be made.

That is all.

(A guy can dream big can't he?)

Definitely some gameplay with Morpheus. Also, The one AAA exclusive game everyone is wanting from Sony since UC4 won't be release this fall.

Hollow Lens will make an appearence for Microsoft I think. All the Halo.

All the delayed Nintendo games, plus a surprise reveal ooooooof...Super Mario Galaxy 3 lol.

Abdiel

I think Microsoft's conference is gonna be amazing this year. Actual gameplay demonstrations of Halo 5 campaign, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6 and Quantum Break should be a given and that alone can't be topped by any other conference from a pure gameplay perspective. Then we are gonna see the future of Gears of War and Crackdown. Then we are gonna find out what Rare is up too. I can't wait. :)

Perspective and preference really are interesting. Nothing in what you just wrote has any interest for me at all, none of those games are what I'd consider a pure gameplay excellence.

I do hope you get to enjoy the MS conference this year, since that's what you're invested in. I'm much more invested in what Japanese localizations are coming and when. Persona 5, Final fantasy xv, even Dragon quest heroes. I'm excited for SE having their own conference. Also because the new Dues Ex looks incredible.

lil

The weird thing for me is that Sony and EA have the platform and series I'm most interested in respectively, but have the worst paced/conceived conferences. (Sony does have quality announcements though.) Meanwhile, I don't have an Xbone, Wii U, or play many Ubi games, but MS, Nintendo, and Ubi's conferences are so well done I enjoy watching them regardless.

I SO badly want EA to knock it out of the park this year. Please.

EagleEyes

Perspective and preference really are interesting. Nothing in what you just wrote has any interest for me at all, none of those games are what I'd consider a pure gameplay excellence.

I do hope you get to enjoy the MS conference this year, since that's what you're invested in. I'm much more invested in what Japanese localizations are coming and when. Persona 5, Final fantasy xv, even Dragon quest heroes. I'm excited for SE having their own conference. Also because the new Dues Ex looks incredible.
We most definitely are invested in different things. :p Except Deus Ex, which I also enjoy.

lil

Last year was basically DA:I, Hardline and Criterion's vacation videos. It was pretty sad, heh.

lmao. I really am excited for Criterion's IP though, just wanna see something more concrete this year. I was pouring over all the footage and concept art like "okay but is that in in?"

Being able to see some real demos of that, Mirror's Edge 2, and Battlefront would make it a great conference for me, though ME may not be ready with all the focus on Battlefront. The mere announcement of what Amy Hennig is working on and/or an SSX game would make it the best EA presser ever.

I think Microsoft's conference is gonna be amazing this year. Actual gameplay demonstrations of Halo 5 campaign, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6 and Quantum Break should be a given and that alone can't be topped by any other conference from a pure gameplay perspective. Then we are gonna see the future of Gears of War and Crackdown. Then we are gonna find out what Rare is up too. I can't wait. :)

you talk about gameplay excellence and forgot to mention the Platinum Game Scalebound :p

Verendus

Banned
3 announcements at E3 for Sony?
Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was five year last year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference. Then there are your third party titles aside from that.

The point is, if you're not satisfied this year, then there really isn't much to it in the future if I'm honest. This is about as good as it gets for the most part.

Edit:

Deja vu. I swear I've said this same thing a couple months ago.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was six last year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference.
The real question is can I bold them in my list warz. Otherwise it's just 3 entries but if I could bold them then bam shit's over for realz.

Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was six last year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference.

Sony Bend
Guerilla Games
Sony Japan

I wonder when Quantic Dream will finally reveal their game

Chobel

Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was five year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference. Then there are your third party titles aside from that.

The point is, if you're not satisfied this year, then there really isn't much to it in the future if I'm honest. This is about as good as it gets for the most part.

These are unannounced stuff, right? GOW 4 and GT7 don't count.

Edit: nvm, you already said "titles no one knows about officially yet"

Turkoop

Banned
Three notable SCE announcements. By which I mean, titles that are going to create some good noise generally. There's more than three announcements planned by SCE (there was five year last year for example). But I imagine those three are going to be your bread and butter on the first party front when it comes to dominating discussion after the conference. Then there are your third party titles aside from that.

Guerilla Games RPG
Sony Bends Horror Game
TLG

So, Am i right ?

Verendus

Banned
These are unannounced stuff, right? GOW 4 and GT7 don't count.
These are unannounced titles too. And let's say you had an event where both of these titles were unveiled for the first time, would there be something wrong with that? They're the biggest franchises in their respective genres, and two of the most valuable IP SCE has.

These are unannounced titles too. And let's say you had an event where both of these titles were unveiled for the first time, would there be something wrong with that? They're the biggest franchises in their respective genres, and two of the most valuable IP SCE has.

While true, people would like surprises. I look for surprises more than big franchises these days. Sony will always bring the games. I want to be surprised.

Verendus

Banned
While true, people would like surprises. I look for surprises more than big franchises these days. Sony will always bring the games. I want to be surprised.
That line of thinking is just really strange to me. I don't think a lot of people really feel like that. Are most people going to say that when TLG is shown off again? I very much doubt people won't be impressed by the next "God of War" when it's eventually shown off. Neglecting that, we've already had a big title which has had a lot of details leaked about it, so people kind of know what to expect with that one. Will people feel disappointed because it's not a complete surprise?

I can understand if it's a title that simply doesn't appeal to a person because that's a matter of taste, but if it's another entry in something you enjoy, would that really make it any less notable than a new IP? Gran Turismo has a huge fanbase, and I don't think many people would feel that way when the next title is announced.

Chobel

GT7 is an announced title http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-7-is-in-the-works-standard-cars-set-to-stay

The new GoW may be named a different name than "God of War 4", but we know officially it exists.

That line of thinking is just really strange to me. I don't think a lot of people really feel like that. Are most people going to say that when TLG is shown off again? I very much doubt people won't be impressed by the next "God of War" when it's eventually shown off. Neglecting that, we've already had a big title which has had a lot of details leaked about it, so people kind of know what to expect with that one. Will people feel disappointed because it's not a complete surprise?

I can understand if it's a title that simply doesn't appeal to a person because that's a matter of taste, but if it's another entry in something you enjoy, would that really make it any less notable than a new IP? Gran Turismo has a huge fanbase, and I don't think many people would feel that way when the next title is announced.

Of course I'll enjoy the games, but from an E3 conference point of view, I prefer new things that surprise me. That is my favourite part of the spectacle.

I like the one-upmanship, Andy House's shit throwing and shit-eating grin, the clusterfucks and the chaos. Of course I'll buy a new God of War. But I'd prefer something big awesome and surprising that I haven't even heard rumoured.

From Sony, I want them to cut the bullshit. They do too much talking. There is too many lulls.

My ideal presentation would be:

Andy House Welcome - leads into a brand new game.
Shu - Announces some new games.
Adam - Announces some new games.
Scott - Announces some games.
Andy comes back - Says some fighting words. Leaves us with a fucking awesome game.

Verendus

Banned
GT7 is an announced title http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-7-is-in-the-works-standard-cars-set-to-stay

The new GoW may be named a different name than "God of War 4", but we know officially it exists.
Let me throw out a hypothetical, so I can understand a little better where you're coming from.

Let's say E3 2015 comes along. The three big announcements are a trailer blowout for Gran Turismo, God of War, and one new title you haven't seen before. Let's go with GG since people know about their title a little. That's three big AAA reveals.

Is that a disappointing to you? Ignoring that there'll obviously be smaller titles, but these are your major first party announcements.

On the back of that, if you're only interested in new titles, then what are your thoughts on announcements of smaller titles like Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Helldivers etc.? Since there's only so many AAA titles SCE can create.

Let me throw out a hypothetical, so I can understand a little better where you're coming from.

Let's say E3 2015 comes along. The three big announcements are a trailer blowout for Gran Turismo, God of War, and one new title you haven't seen before. Let's go with GG since people know about their title a little. That's three big AAA reveals.

Is that a disappointing to you? Ignoring that there'll obviously be smaller titles, but these are your major first party announcements.

For me, yes because I am not surprised. Very safe from Sony. Guerilla's game is exciting, but only if it is fucking huge and time consuming. Meaty RPG shooter with loads to do, co-op etc. Otherwise I won't buy it. It wouldn't be what I am after.

Gamescom was brilliant last year, because I felt surprised and optimistic at the end. It didn't feel like a safe presentation. Lots of risks in there.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I hope you guys realize what Verendus is saying. Sony doesn't have any megatons to announce. However, they have 3 decent sized announcements to make in their stead. Anyone expecting mindblowing stuff like "FFXIII going to Xbox 360" type of announcements are in for disappointment. Game development in general has ballooned to insane rates making legit megaton announcements a thing of the past. I said it before, but 2015 is going to be like 2012: a few decent sized games being revealed, but an overall quiet tone. I'd expect the big news this year for Sony is talking about Morpheus.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
For me, yes because I am not surprised. Very safe from Sony. Guerilla's game is exciting, but only if it is fucking huge and time consuming. Meaty RPG shooter with loads to do, co-op etc. Otherwise I won't buy it.
You already know they are making a Gran Turismo 7 and God of War 4 and Guerilla Game has a new IP.

Chobel

No, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. But I wouldn't say these games are titles no one knows about officially yet. Two of them are officially known.

Verendus

Banned
For me, yes because I am not surprised. Very safe from Sony. Guerilla's game is exciting, but only if it is fucking huge and time consuming. Meaty RPG shooter with loads to do, co-op etc. Otherwise I won't buy it. It wouldn't be what I am after.

Gamescom was brilliant last year, because I felt surprised and optimistic at the end. It didn't feel like a safe presentation. Lots of risks in there.
So, it really is just about seeing new titles for you, then? Gamescom didn't have any notable announcements last year either. I use the term to refer to bigger titles of course. It was a good presentation though, and had a lot of content in general. Wouldn't it almost be impossible to disappoint you then? I think there were three new SCE titles announced last year at Gamescom. Until Dawn and Tearaway weren't new titles after all.

No, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. But I wouldn't say these games are titles no one knows about officially yet. Two of them are officially known.
That's fine then.

I hope you guys realize what Verendus is saying. Sony doesn't have any megatons to announce. However, they have 3 decent sized announcements to make in their stead. Anyone expecting mindblowing stuff like "FFXIII going to Xbox 360" type of announcements are in for disappointment. Game development in general has ballooned to insane rates making legit megaton announcements a thing of the past. I said it before, but 2015 is going to be like 2012: a few decent sized games being revealed, but an overall quiet tone. I'd expect the big news this year for Sony is talking about Morpheus.
This term is honestly meaningless because it differs based upon the person. Level-5's title will be called a megaton by some, but it's not an earth shattering announcement like Call of Duty being an exclusive.

Besides, 2012 is a really low bar to set. That was worse than last year for first party new announcements. You got Beyond, and I think Wonderbook was announced then.

Coxy

I just want to see something decent from sega. Valkyria Chronicles or other JRPG preferable but really any sign of life would be welcome

FluxWaveZ

I just want to see something decent from sega. Valkyria Chronicles or other JRPG preferable but really any sign of life would be welcome

Sega might not even be attending E3 at all, based on exhibitor registration and how the deadline is approaching with Sega's name not being on the list.

For a Sega JRPG, well, Atlus is there.

Coxy

Sega might not even be attending E3 at all, based on exhibitor registration and how the deadline is approaching with Sega's name not being on the list.

For a Sega JRPG, well, Atlus is there.

I'm basically praying that Sony funds a few titles from them or at least a new localisation or HD port or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom