• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

hope I make it through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtyle

So yesterday I woke up naseated and i went back to sleep until 10 or 11..and then I had diarrhea couple times before noon...last time was very watery by that point.

I was feeling chill, weak. I didnt eat. And then my stomach started hurting maybe around 2 or 3. At 11 it got bad so I called hospital and they told me try antacid...it did work. Now I am in hospital with so much adominal pain waiting to be checked...God damn the wait is unbareable

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I had similar stuff when I had food poisoning / salmonela mix. Good thing is that you are in the hospital and they will check you

way more

Dull the pain with Strength. Blur the sharp edges by reminding yourself that from bad comes good. Your hope and strength will carry you till you are able to stand again.

Alienous

Dull the pain with Strength. Blur the sharp edges by reminding yourself that from bad comes good. Your hope and strength will carry you till you are able to stand again.

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

lepi

Neo Member
Sounds like hectic food poisoning. If you're crapping out pure bile I pray for you that you have access to a bidet. Wiping at that stage becomes a cruel, or for some, tantric form of torture.

Good luck OP

Xtyle

Nurse said she would give me cocktail to kill the possible stomach acid and she left. Like 20 mins ago...and still waiting. Unacceptable

Xtyle

Blood work checks out ok. The cocktail does help with the pain but not entirely. They are doing a cat scan on my in about an hour because my urine had trace amount of blood

ICKE

Banned
Sounds like intestine infection or something similar.

I went through it and it was hell, it doesn't cause permanent damage but the pain can be unbearable at times.

jb1234

Geez. When I went to the ER for extreme stomach pain, I was given an IV with the good stuff. Ask for better, OP. Hope you feel better soon.

Xtyle

They just sent me home with anti acid prescriptions.

The cat scan didn't show any problems so they think it is just an acid problem since the anti acid treatment I had reduced the pain synificantly.

Feeling all sore and weak but I can finally go home. And the pain came down from a 9 to like a 1 or 2 now. But still I am all worn out.

antonz

Yep had this a few months back from a severe case of food poisoning.

The pain was so severe that I could not sleep for almost 3 days. I was somewhat ok when I would be sitting but the moment I would try to lay down in bed it was like the pain kicked into high gear.

A bottle of tums became by best friend and even then the pain was just something you have to make it through.

This same thing happened to me recently. I ended up having peritonitis and the doctor told me I would have been dead if I had left it another 24 hours. Ended up in the hospital for a week. I made a thread but no one gave a fuck lol. You did the right thing going to the hospital. Good luck OP!

Sounds like hectic food poisoning. If you're crapping out pure bile I pray for you that you have access to a bidet. Wiping at that stage becomes a cruel, or for some, tantric form of torture.

Good luck OP
I had gastroenteritis last year for a full week. Shit my brains out 3 times an hour the whole time. My ass felt like it was wiped with sandpaper it was so raw.

Dali

Refreshing to read a GAF thread where the op isn't asking us to cure their aliment but actually got real medical attention. Hope you're ok and it's nothing serious.

Refreshing to read a GAF thread where the op isn't asking us to cure their aliment but actually got real medical attention. Hope you're ok and it's nothing serious.
Yup. It's better to make the thread when you've tried yourself all the profesional options, and then give the work-in-progress rather than "what do, GAF?".

Xtyle

The discharge gives a list of food choices for
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). I don't know how they came to the conclusion that I have GERD. The only similar symptom I have is the stomach acid thing...as I have had stomach discomfort/pain in the past. But I don't have the other symptoms relating to like throat problems or heartburn. Hmm..Now I remember I do have had times where I feel a bit nauseated after eating.

Anyone who has been treated for GERD that can shed some light on this disease/condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom