• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
S0wXnJ4.png

image.php

Just the middle man here.

Telegram peeps pls, what's the point of PM'ing me when you guys try to discuss this here anyway?

Rean PM'd me and i messaged him back, did he not deliver the message to Dawg or what?...

For the last time, I have nothing against that doggy, I still love him like any other MGS-GAF brother here :smugface:

Can we drop this now? thanks.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Well the Silent Hills news means MGSV will probably be the last good Konami video game in history. It's the end of an era, lads.

brau

That was not directed to you brau, like you said you're just the middle man.

OH ok. I just like using that quote from Tobias when the time arises.

I guess i am just sad about Kojima leaving and then Silent Hills goind down in flames. I was actually more excited about Silent Hills by Kojima than TPP.

Crazy times eh?

brau

You know I'm busy playing filthy casual games. Slash haven't played in awhile! Fine. Todays the day. Let chat know. I will report upon victory.

Thats what you said like 3 weeks ago, and Giascome is still alive. n00b.

EDIT: your tag on your avatar should not be BIG BOSS. It should be BIG N00B.

Rajang

I have an MGS1 question.

I was playing it for the first time after watching a playthrough of it years ago so I already knew of the ketchup trick to escape the cell.

Except, instead of breaking the bottle and creating a pool of fake blood, Snake just ate the ketchup instead when I pressed O, with the ration noise. Is that a glitch? :L I was wounded from the guard shooting me because I was messing around so I guess the game might have defaulted the item to a healing item instead? I tried to find evidence of other people accidentally eating it in the cell instead of using it proper but I can't find any lol

It's not a glitch, you can either eat the ketchup or use it to trick Johnny.

It was already mentioned in MGS2 beforehand. Sergei specifically mentions that the technology that gave birth to these weapons is Russian, which hinted that the Metal Gears were Soviet in origin.

that reminds me...hopefully Madnar will be in this game....

i assume the metal gear we saw at the end is a modified Zeke/TX-55

so maybe BB kicks Huey out of DD, and hires Madnar.

or maybe Huey brings on Madnar as a partner to design TX-55

that reminds me...hopefully Madnar will be in this game....

i assume the metal gear we saw at the end is a modified Zeke/TX-55

so maybe BB kicks Huey out of DD, and hires Madnar.

or maybe Huey brings on Madnar as a partner to design TX-55

Yeah. maybe BBs plan gets more villainous and Huey tries to bow out. They extract him plans with torture as he will no longer comply.

Marcus, heres a question for you.

Would you be disappointing if Big Boss goes down the same way The Boss did? As a hero with the reputation of a despicable villain? Would you feel cheated without his dissent?

i would only feel cheated....if Big Boss sole reason for all of this was his secret rebellion against Zero/The Patriots..

i mean that's obviously an important reason, and an factor in BB struggle, the rebellion against Zero..

but i hope Kojima doesn't make it solely for that reason.. there has to be a multitude of factors as well

It was already mentioned in MGS2 beforehand. Sergei specifically mentions that the technology that gave birth to these weapons is Russian, which hinted that the Metal Gears were Soviet in origin.
I don't believe it was ever implied that the technology dates as far back as the sixties though which is the silly part, IMO. I actually find it very plausible that Otacon would have implemented a design of a Russian innovator without knowing and make appropriate modifications as it is built.

Strangely enough, Peace Walker made what would previously had been absurdly advanced technology seem obsolete and outdated as most of the mecha in that game are superior to REX.

i would only feel cheated....if Big Boss sole reason for all of this was his secret rebellion against Zero/The Patriots..

i mean that's obviously an important reason, and an factor in BB struggle, the rebellion against Zero..

but i hope Kojima doesn't make it solely for that reason.. there has to be a multitude of factors as well
Learn more about Big Boss' character. Learn about what he wanted through how other characters spoke of him. Big Boss has always been motivated by having an Outer Heaven where soldiers can freely fight as soldiers.

R-User!

I guess i am just sad about Kojima leaving and then Silent Hills goind down in flames. I was actually more excited about Silent Hills by Kojima than TPP.

Crazy times eh?

We're goin down in flames like Konami?!

Rajang

Crazy times eh?

tumblr_mo02chJolI1qcdf0wo1_500.gif

Wat

Error1355

I don't have an issue with the concept of Metal Gear being a Russian technology. I dislike REX itself not being designed by Otacon anymore. =P

I don't believe it was ever implied that the technology dates as far back as the sixties though which is the silly part, IMO. I actually find it very plausible that Otacon would have implemented a design of a Russian innovator without knowing and make appropriate modifications as it is built.

Strangely enough, Peace Walker made what would previously had been absurdly advanced technology seem obsolete and outdated as most of the mecha in that game are superior to REX.

Learn more about Big Boss' character. Learn about what he wanted through how other characters spoke of him. Big Boss has always been motivated by having an Outer Heaven where soldiers can freely fight as soldiers.

so essentially Big Boss wanted a paradise where soldiers are free to fight for themselves (Outer Heaven)

but he got blinded by power..that it destroyed his humanity essentially and TPP will show that

Kojima said this about TPP

. “This episode is the story of how Snake became Big Boss.” Kojima explained. “It is important for me to explain to the players how this hero became an evil to the entire world. That’s why it needed to become a very dramatic story.”

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=13583

I'd mostly feel cheated just because I felt like he admitted his fault during the final chat with SS in MGS4. If it was heroic I feel like that chat would be trivialized.

how many tapes will be in TPP.....if you had to guess quantity wise..i mean they been recording for a huge while..and i doubt thats all for the storyline..

but he got blinded by power..
Blinded by war, not power.

He didn't care who had power in the world, as long as he could train soldiers to fight and continue world conflict so that his men would have never ending purpose.

Guys, I have to admit something. I just got to the Warehouse in MGS3 and I sniped The End as soon as I saw him in his wheelchair. I know that's the easy way out, but I have seen his actual boss battle and know how unique and awesome it is, I've just been trying to get the games done as quick as I can (gameplay-wise).

Guys, I have to admit something. I just got to the Warehouse in MGS3 and I sniped The End as soon as I saw him in his wheelchair. I know that's the easy way out, but I have seen his actual boss battle and know how unique and awesome it is, I've just been trying to get the games done as quick as I can (gameplay-wise).

This is fair. I killed him like that the first time i played MGS 3. I just experienced the full boss fight when i replayed it with the HD collection

Woffls

Is ledge grabbing in MGS2 just not consistent? I am very methodical about it, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong.

Rajang

Is ledge grabbing in MGS2 just not consistent? I am very methodical about it, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong.

Are you doing the VR missions where you have to grab ledges?

Your timing needs to be on point, or you can just mash the button to grab the ledge.

If you're really methodical with grabbing, you shouldn't fail them.

Nostalgia bomb. I found this vector I made way back in '08 :D

iSneak_by_rookybeats.jpg

Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom