• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
This game looks so good, series might end up satiating my sim needs for this generation. PS4 is in desperate need of something like this.

Xater

I'm gonna need some PS4 friends for this so I can have online races that don't feel like destruction derbies.

robatw

Can a Beta-Guy please post good G27 Settings? The FFB feels weak when it is at standard (tried die Focus RS)...

Need them Settings!

I'm gonna need some PS4 friends for this so I can have online races that don't feel like destruction derbies.

You can add me my PSN name is lakerchickie..I dont have the game yet since it doesnt come out til Tuesday of next week but I will be purchasing it..word of warning though, I stink as far as the controller is concerned but I will still enjoy playing :)

A few quick suggestions for folks new to the game and who may struggle a little with the pad controls -

Controller settings:
Steering sensitivity - 50 is linear. Lower gives you a more gentle curve. So try 35 if you find the car moving around too much in a straight line.
Speed sensitivity - at higher settings it'll stop you moving the front wheels too much at speed - try a setting of 60-70.
Filtering - this really helps. Try it at 50 at first then maybe higher. Will stop all that silly jittery car movement from very slight unintended pad input.
I prefer mode 3 for the pad then make the adjustments above. These are on PC though but no reason not to try on console too.

Assists:
Don't worry about using assist, in fact it's more realistic if you do use some. Many of these racing cars were designed to use assists. So switching them off ironically makes the game less realistic. There's an option labelled "real" - this gives you assists when the real cars would use them. For example GT3 racing really does use TCS and ABS.

Korezo

how's pc performance for people? I'm scared after just trying practice mode in Assetto and not getting stable 60fps on the ring. I hope this runs good.

how's pc performance for people? I'm scared after just trying practice mode in Assetto and not getting stable 60fps on the ring. I hope this runs good.

I just fired it up on:

i5 3470
R9 290
8GB RAM

and man, the performance o Ultra is really not good. I have to play around, but I did not expect it to drop below 30 and barely hitting 60

edit: Any tops for performance?

A few quick suggestions for folks new to the game and who may struggle a little with the pad controls -

Controller settings:
Steering sensitivity - 50 is linear. Lower gives you a more gentle curve. So try 35 if you find the car moving around too much in a straight line.
Speed sensitivity - at higher settings it'll stop you moving the front wheels too much at speed - try a setting of 60-70.
Filtering - this really helps. Try it at 50 at first then maybe higher. Will stop all that silly jittery car movement from very slight unintended pad input.
I prefer mode 3 for the pad then make the adjustments above. These are on PC though but no reason not to try on console too.

Assists:
Don't worry about using assist, in fact it's more realistic if you do use some. Many of these racing cars were designed to use assists. So switching them off ironically makes the game less realistic. There's an option labelled "real" - this gives you assists when the real cars would use them. For example GT3 racing really does use TCS and ABS.

Thank you for this its appreciated, and very nice of you.

Kama_1082

Banned
I'm hitting 90-100 fps on the default 1080p 59hz settings on an i5 4690 and GTX 970 lol. Need to play with the settings a bit

Jibbed

Solid 60fps maxed at 1080p with no AA.

i7-2600K, GTX 770 2GB, 16GB RAM.

Zaru

So I'm playing with

Xeon1231v3
16 GB RAM
Asus GTX 970 Strix OC'd by around 10%

At 1920x1200 with pretty much everything set to Ultra, I can get stable 60fps in those conditions. Still trying to find the sweetspot in terms of Antialiasing since especially the shadows can look weird even on the highest setting.

CPU usage hits around 50% in a 20 car race on clear conditions and 30% in Time Trial.
VRAM usage barely in the 2GB region.

Now to find the right controller settings. Right now I can't even drive on a straight despite a deadzone - the cars always suddenly break out to the left?
I do have a Fanatac Turbo S wheel but I won't be putting that on my desk all the time when I play it.

Nerix

I'll just re-post this here:

So the lovely guys at Gamersyde just had a PS4 livestream with Andy Tudor:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamersyde/v/4756621

Among many questions they asked whether Logitech wheel support for the PS4 version is possible in the future. (at 49:30)

The answer from Andy: "Our list of supported wheels are not final, please hang in there [laughs]... We have the answer, but we just can't tell it right now".

That's positive, right? :)

That would be great. I still have my DFGT lying around and won't get another wheel just because they can't get their sh... together and implement backwards compatability (I don't blame the developer, it's on Sonys and/or Logitechs side, we had an own thread about that topic a while ago).

But I am sceptical, as it seems to be about some kind of missing security chip and why wouldn't have Driveclub supported it, if it would be possible?

RP912

Banned

To be honest, I can run Assetto with 60fps. This game is beating my pc's ass with 40 fps and some dips depending on the track :(. I'm doing some test to see what settings that will work with my rig.

when it says retail ps4 north america does that mean the PSN digital version too or is it just physical copies?

basically is it available tonight or tuesday.

GRaider81

Wow. Love it.

Preordered this morning for PS4 on back of early reviews.

Then DF thread hit. Worry kicked in.
Damn those guys are hyperbolic!

First race yeah the "ghosting" is there but god damn the game looks great and the racing is fantastic.

Massively happy with it.

cackhyena

Is anyone else using an XB1 controller on PC? It's all working fine until I actually get to the race...then nothing responds.

Lender

Hmm, can't get it started. I get the quick splash logo before the game cuts back to desktop. The game itself is still running, and when i press the icon in the task bar I hear the menu, but no screen pops up. WHen i press RMB and close it down I quickly go to the intro movie again before the game shuts down...

Stubo

i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz
16Gb of RAM
R7970 Lightning CrossFire

40FPS at the lowest settings...
Oh hey, you're a GAFer! I was talking to you on the stream, haha.

Hopefully disabling crossfire or new drivers will fix things up for you.

Getting this on Friday, hoping my 3570k @ 4.2 and 780 can handle it.

I just fired it up on:

i5 3470
R9 290
8GB RAM

and man, the performance o Ultra is really not good. I have to play around, but I did not expect it to drop below 30 and barely hitting 60

edit: Any tops for performance?
This game runs like shit on AMD gpus, even with 290x, 1080p on ultra is mid 20s when raining, wtf.....

Edit: 30-40 fps raining on high, not looking good.

Buburibon

Might as well ask here!

I must be missing something here, or there really isn't a way to quit the game with a controller on PC? It looks like I need a mouse to click the "X" on the upper right corner in order to quit. Thanks!

Btw. the game can be very demanding even at 1080p given the right weather/time conditions. I am still trying to figure out what the best settings are for my 5820K/Titan X combo.

Wow. Love it.

Preordered this morning for PS4 on back of early reviews.

Then DF thread hit. Worry kicked in.
Damn those guys are hyperbolic!

First race yeah the "ghosting" is there but god damn the game looks great and the racing is fantastic.

Massively happy with it.

That is awesome thanks..wanted to pre order it but wanted to see what others who have the ps4 thought of it before I did

fresquito

This game runs like shit on AMD gpus, even with 290x, 1080p on ultra is mid 20s when raining, wtf.....
Ultra, let alone with rain, will stress any system. I recommend setting envmap to mid, reflections to high and particles density to high. Lower grass to low or mid too. That should help big time ramping up your performance. If you still want more performance, then cars and shadows and track on high will probably do the trick.

The game looks really good on High. Not that far from Ultra settings, really.

Cobaiye

Oh hey, you're a GAFer! I was talking to you on the stream, haha.

Hopefully disabling crossfire or new drivers will fix things up for you.

Getting this on Friday, hoping my 3570k @ 4.2 and 780 can handle it.

Yeah I tried to disable the CrossFire but for some reason I don't have Catalyst installed so I can't...

Nice to see a fellow GAFer in the Valstream !

Top Bottom