• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

BShadowJ

I think you can make a fair argument that at a very high level of play, teams would want to eliminate the randomness of kickoff positioning. It'd be like forcing American football teams to arrange completely randomly on offense and defense for kickoffs.

Hmm yeah that makes some sense, but I dunno, as long as one person sticks around to defend, I don't feel the kickoff is that big of a deal... But to be fair, I don't play at high level :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
need to be able to turn off text chat, its already annoying
Text chat needs to be in.

Also, would it kill Psyonix to get up an early access on PC?!? I have no PS4 at the moment and missed the beta phase due to lack of a rig and personal situation.

Also, work in a 4 pack for Steam. I would but a few just to help gaffers out and to give some copies away.

BShadowJ

Text chat needs to be in.

Also, would it kill Psyonix to get up an early access on PC?!? I have no PS4 at the moment and missed the beta phase due to lack of a rig and personal situation.

Also, work in a 4 pack for Steam. I would but a few just to help gaffers out and to give some copies away.

Related to gifting copies, this game makes me wish there was some sort of gifting option on the PlayStation Store... I would totally buy an extra copy to giveaway here too. x_x

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone here go by the name Waffles on PSN?

I've played with him a couple times now and he's really damn good. I've played like crap all day, so if you've played with me, don't hold it against me lol. I did have a game with 8 saves though. And they were all in overtime.

Does anyone here go by the name Waffles on PSN?

I've played with him a couple times now and he's really damn good. I've played like crap all day, so if you've played with me, don't hold it against me lol. I did have a game with 8 saves though. And they were all in overtime.

Feel like I've played against that guy too.

By the way, I decided to change my PS Share button to capture the last 1 minute. Should be easier to save a bunch of smaller moments than save 15 minutes of gameplay

I really wish I could do both though. Why can't I continuously record 15 minutes of gameplay, while being able to upload/save the last 30 seconds of gameplay? Is there a way to do that on PS4?

v1lla21

I feel like I'm a lot better this time around. Maybe I was just playing with people that weren't good though. Lol. I'll be on around 7:00pm pacific. :D

Hasney

Ended up streaming so I don't seem like a crazy person talking to myself with noone on voice chat.

http://www.twitch.tv/hollywoodhasney

All 4v4.

EDIT:
hqdefault.jpg

Bluforce

Not to be mean, but he's a developer from the game, so he should know x)

I'll give you something though, when I tried the new map it sure felt smaller. Pretty sure it's because the crowd is way closer to the edges of the map than the previous one, but yeah it's the same size.

Maybe he's wrong, who know? :D

So it's the same, but for sure it feels smaller. I would try old stadium with new game settings.

Maybe he's wrong, who know? :D

So it's the same, but for sure it feels smaller. I would try old stadium with new game settings.
Seems to be the same size based on my footage, but it definitely feels more closed in with the huge stadium seating and the fact that a rocket-boosted hit on the ball can send it across the map a bit faster now.

Anyone dislike the max boost pads?

I don't know if it's different per map, but I felt the first map's pads were more vibrant and easily noticeable

Minor thing, but yeah.

sn00zer

Anyone got an additional code? Looking to play
destroy
some of my friends.

Asking for a friend that had a code expire after the two day rule, any chance he will get another?

I wish we knew all the stealth changes. Like max ball speed, are there other changes we dont know about?

By the way, is anyone having trouble finding matches more quickly? Not a big deal, it was jusy more instant before

v1lla21

I wish we knew all the stealth changes. Like max ball speed, are there other changes we dont know about?

By the way, is anyone having trouble finding matches more quickly? Not a big deal, it was jusy more instant before
Less people now? I think there were around 800 online at most times last beta. Last night it was in the low 400s. I think people just go on whenever now since the servers are up 24/7.

Another change I noticed was the swaying of the grass in the main menu is mostly gone now.

Zoibie

Just got knocked into the path of a shot on goal and skimmed it just enough to steal the credit. Sorry to whoever that was!

hao chi

Less people now? I think there were around 800 online at most times last beta. Last night it was in the low 400s. I think people just go on whenever now since the servers are up 24/7.

Another change I noticed was the swaying of the grass in the main menu is mostly gone now.

They still haven't announced that this beta is up, it basically just went up and people either saw the update and decided to check it out, or heard about it from someone else, so that would explain the lower player count.

It's better today though. 566 players online at the moment even without a formal announcement from Psyonix.

And I think the swaying of the grass thing is probably just due to it being a different field (at least, I think the last beta had a different field at the main menu).

turnernader

Neo Member
I have been trying to get a code for this game since i first saw the thread come up and still have nothing to show for it. I keep watching everyone's videos and it just makes me want it even more

Grinchy

Banned

What about the "I'm sucking more than ever for no reason" bug? What can I blame that on?

edit- Anyone want to join up? Just add me (Grinchy) or leave your name here. I typically always just start up a PSN party. My buddy is usually playing with me.

LaneDS

If I ran into any of y'all tonight, good games! My text chat didn't work this evening.

Took a 3v3 against PsyonixTeam tonight which felt good.

v1lla21

Wow thanks! This is just my second night playing, but man I love this game! Still getting the hang of being a goalie but it'll get there. Great playing with you guys tonight!
Yeah, you were great as goalkeeper. You were clearing some good balls and scoring on the counter attack. Good stuff bro.

Allforce

What about the "I'm sucking more than ever for no reason" bug? What can I blame that on?

edit- Anyone want to join up? Just add me (Grinchy) or leave your name here. I typically always just start up a PSN party. My buddy is usually playing with me.

Added you, AllforcePSN is my tag if anyone else wants to add me and get something going.

Don't think I'm gonna fish my mic out tonight but I'm down to play.

hao chi

Has anyone else had an issue where if you boost immediately before or as you're going over a 100% fuel thing, that you don't get your boost as you normally would?

Here's a vid I took. This time I eventually got the fuel, but it was pretty delayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lga5iQh0dA

I had the same issue in the last beta, but I assumed it was either intentional or me imagining things.

Edit: And just to add a bit more detail, I typically let go of boost right before going over the refuel spot. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Maddrical

Dang it, the beta still isn't available in Australia? I played so much SSARPBC on PS3 with my mates, it was a blast. Really keen to give this a shot. Impressions sound good! Going to have to watch some streams after work I think.

don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net don't hit the ball toward your own net

Man... This game. Told myself I was done for the night then a friend popped on so naturally I played like 6 more matches.

If anyone wants to add me to play some through the rest of the beta, feel free. PSN is the same as my GAF tag. I'll be on after like 5PM CST most days.

Top Bottom