• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

I'm preparing my post-detainment message now.

Meaning invested in every word.

What a shame.

Quantum, look harder. Will you see it?

Can you dectect the truth?

Maybe not.

At the rate of bandwagoning here, you people would detain me for drinking even though I'm over 18.

I mean, who has the authority to do something like that?

Not me, apparently.

What a shame.

I think I already hit the limit of what I could do on my own. Unless you could give me a hint about what I should be looking for.

CzarTim

There's no reason not to detain him. Especially just to confirm one rebel without a night action. Maybe doc gets lucky tonight. If not, losing two rebels sucks, but it gives our investigative roles another night to act. And (unless my math is wrong) it doesn't change the number of mislynches we have left.

And goddamnit quantum, if this is really whats going on.

Join the fun.

What a shame.

*cough* 23 18 M:05/D:04/---- DECT, N LYN *cough*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe not.

At the rate of bandwagoning here, you people would detain me for drinking even though I'm over 18.

I mean, who has the authority to do something like that?

Not me, apparently.

mbQM1wO.png

raindoc

Damnit. the best stuff always happens while I'm asleep...

But why are people unvoting Blarg? because he says "I'm the enemy, but I won't hurt you?", while making the same claim to his Hutt buddies?

Gotta go back and look at the the peeps that voted for him to get a gun. Seemed like a bad idea from the start, now it's for certain.

There's no reason not to detain him. Especially just to confirm one rebel without a night action. Maybe doc gets lucky tonight. If not, losing two rebels sucks, but it gives our investigative roles another night to act. And (unless my math is wrong) it doesn't change the number of mislynches we have left.

If we keep him around tonight, the Hutt might kill him since I'm sure they're just as confused as we all are right now, letting the combat buddies live for another day.

Killing him this early, at least through a detainment might be a mistake.

Palmer_v1

I have a theory but we need to detain setre to help prove it. Im not saying a goddamned thing more. Just trust in the magic and be entertained. Or lynch me if im wrong.

Trust me or dont, whatever. Its a coincidence that we already had some reason to lynch him anyway.

vote: setre

CzarTim

If we keep him around tonight, the Hutt might kill him since I'm sure they're just as confused as we all are right now, letting the combat buddies live for another day.

Killing him this early, at least through a detainment might be a mistake.

So let me get this straight, I didn't want for the CBs to clarify their role in the hopes to scare the hutts into choosing someone else tonight. You wanted them to clarify so we "could make the best logical choice." And that logical choice is now that the Hutts might kill one of their own out of confusion?

I have to say QB, I appreciate your case on blarg earlier, but between this and an early roleclaim, you are playing super weird today. Like not exactly pro-town.

Palmer_v1

Damnit. the best stuff always happens while I'm asleep...

But why are people unvoting Blarg? because he says "I'm the enemy, but I won't hurt you?", while making the same claim to his Hutt buddies?

Gotta go back and look at the the peeps that voted for him to get a gun. Seemed like a bad idea from the start, now it's for certain.

Just trust me for today, keep your head down, and you may survive this yet.

Remember karkador, veterans.

CzarTim

If blarg is the sk, then we need to confirm so we know there's still a IA out there.

Kark only worked last game because they kept choosing the same targets which bought town more time.

Oh ffs. unvote: blargonaut

If not you, who should we detain?

THANK YOU, PALMER. YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND. :')

Like I've iterated many times before, keep me alive and I'll help you:

1. My vote has power even though its just a single vote. You can't rely solely on your power roles to win this game. THE REBELS WIN BY VOTING. I AM LENDING YOU MY VOTE.
  2. The Rebels are wasting their valuable Day 2 detainment by detaining ME, a known quantity. You know I'm a Hutt now and you can kill me any time you want, but it won't help you. Keeping me alive and milking me for info helps BOTH HUTT AND REBEL, DURING THESE EARLY GAME STAGES.
  3. Whoever sent me that holoprojector message (trust me, it's REAL, I keep my promises and I promised total transparency after I revealed myself) makes me a link to potentially useful info for you all.
    Have any of you considered the fact that perhaps the person who gave the holoprojector to me could be a Role that can only spread their discovered information through another individual of their selection; that individual being ME? I was CHOSEN to be this person's mouthpiece to the crew. You, Hutt or Rebel, could be losing the chance to find out whatever daily information this person finds out and tells me, by killing me so early.
  4. I AM POWERLESS DURING THE NIGHT. I AM A FLY ON THE WALL. If you keep me alive for the coming Days, I can provide a useful informant for BOTH SIDES, with my vote AND my opinions.
  5. Honestly, with all this high-profile attention I've been getting, I'm starting to lose some of my previous conviction in the belief that the Hutts won't kill me tonight. Pretty please, any doctor? ;) I mean, I love Edge and Zubz (you two need to sorely reconsider lynching me, I implore you) but c'mon; I told you all, I'm ENTERTAINING! :D

Again, thank you, Palmer *bear-hug*

If the rest of you are so easy with your voting triggers, I shudder to think how quick the Hutt trigger-men are to draw :/

What's the current Vote Count at? :eek:

raindoc

Forget that for now. Since Blarg claims to be undercover, it probably means nothing.

Sorry, I need a reason for that. We lynched Armorer #1 on day 1 for no good reason, almost wound up lynching TWE one day 2 and now that we have a good reason to detain you're asking us to vote for someone else.

I'm keeping my vote back for now, but if nothing but "trust me" is used to keep Blarg from being lynched you're not going to convince me.

CzarTim

Not serial killer specifically. Just saying that this can be leveraged.

I've thought about this, but I don't see it. If someone posts a super logical reason to keep blarg around, I'll switch. I don't think any reasons that have been posted have made sense though.

Setre

Well that was all very interesting, wasn’t it?

We know what Blargonaut is and if he’s willing to help us, awesome. I also think for his play style and amusement he’s brought he deserves to stay more than me. So here you go Blarg:

Unvote: Blargonaut

As to why you shouldn’t vote for me, well it’s simple. I’m your commanding officer. :)

My role is Rebel Officer (cop), I investigated Palmer on the first night. He’s clean. I think the person we should vote for is probably in the bandwagon who jumped on Blargonaut. He’s right, they won’t kill him but they most certainly will vote him out.

Here’s my suggestion; we pick someone to vote and you all pick someone for me to investigate. The Hutts have an easy target in me and if I die, despite my role, I don’t think it’ll be that big of a loss.

CzarTim

Oh cool, we made our cop reveal.

Instead of detaining the person openly admitting to be an imperial agent, we forced our cop to reveal on day 2. Good job team.

CzarTim

Also, Setre, why would you reveal that info now when you have 2 votes on you as opposed to earlier?

Why did you unvote blarg? Who would you want us to vote for instead?

Setre

I gave my reasoning on Blarg, he's played the game well and you know what he is. What threat does he pose? If he's telling the truth the only thing he can do is vote. We need his vote more than we need him gone.

I decided to reveal myself because I see the way the winds are shifting. Blarg is convincing, look at Palmer. He was dead set against not changing his vote but he did. What's to say when others read what has happened they won't all jump back on me? Time is running out on today and I have IRL things to take care of, better to out myself now than wait until the final minutes and hope people decide to stay on Blarg.

As I've said before I've never played Mafia before and being given the cop role I've no idea what to do. I don't post a lot anyway, I'm a lurker. But me being the cop and all I figured just keep my mouth shut and stay the lurker and only come out when I needed. But we see how that worked out.

I don't know who you should vote for, I'm not good at this. I wasn't able to read in depth what happened last night before leaving for work. When I get through taking my car to the shop I'll reread everything and say who I think is suspicious. Again though I'm not good at this so I'll probably pick a Rebel.

I'lol be looking at people who jumped on both me and Blarg though.

CzarTim

Ok, that's understandable. But keeping blarg in the game "because he'll help us" makes no sense given the fact that he has nothing to offer us right now. 1 vote in a game with 20 players left and 1 hutt dead is useless. We'll be split on voting for the next couple of days at least, how will his swing vote benefit town? And we don't know if the hutts can bring him into their fold.

Guys. Blargonaut may be a Hutt but if we keep him alive we will have leverage over the Hutts. If need be we can vote him off in a snap of the finger. We all had our suspicions beforehand on who we were going to vote and see if they are Hutt, but now we KNOW who one of them is. We can try and find the Hutts and if we don't find a Hutt or someone suspicious in a day than we can vote Blarg. It makes sense. Don't vote Blarg. I see exactly why some of you would be like "He's a Hutt, get him out." but he offered to help and I trust Blarg because we have leverage over him at all times.

Those that are Hutts most definitely jumped in on voting Blarg. He's a threat to the Hutts right now. If we find someone suspicious in that group of bandwagoners than we can find a Hutt that's not Blarg. If there is a night we just have no clue we vote Blarg.

CzarTim

Guys. Blargonaut may be a Hutt but if we keep him alive we will have leverage over the Hutts. If need be we can vote him off in a snap of the finger. We all had our suspicions beforehand on who we were going to vote and see if they are Hutt, but now we KNOW who one of them is. We can try and find the Hutts and if we don't find a Hutt or someone suspicious in a day than we can vote Blarg. It makes sense. Don't vote Blarg. I see exactly why some of you would be like "He's a Hutt, get him out." but he offered to help and I trust Blarg because we have leverage over him at all times.
What are you talking about? What leverage? This is a game with mechanics not an action movie. They aren't going to give up just because we have their buddy.

If we aren't voting blarg, who are we voting for?

Those that are Hutts most definitely jumped in on voting Blarg. He's a threat to the Hutts right now. If we find someone suspicious in that group of bandwagoners than we can find a Hutt that's not Blarg. If there is a night we just have no clue we vote Blarg.

A threat to them how? Hutts jumping on the vote to look townie, sure, but how is blarg a threat to the hutts right now? He knows what we know.

What are you talking about? What leverage? This is a game with mechanics not an action movie. They aren't going to give up just because we have their buddy.

If we aren't voting blarg, who are we voting for?

A threat to them how? Hutts jumping on the vote to look townie, sure, but how is blarg a threat to the hutts right now? He knows what we know.

Someone that we think could be a threat. We know for a fact Blarg is a Hutt so why would we vote him now, and not investigate more? It'd be different if it was later in the game but we only have 1 down.

How isn't he a threat to the Hutts? We can get them down in numbers and then BLAM when there are only a couple more left then we Vite Blarg and get one step closer to Rebel victory.

I agree with Czar here. Blarg isn't really a threat to the hutts. He's not leverage over them. Remember the role PM? The Imperial Agents have no idea who the Hutt players are. The hutt players have no idea who the Imperial Agents are.

I also struggle to believe that in a game of Mafia that:

a. there are three sets of double roles (double armorers, Hutt-Aligned battle buddies and rebel aligned battle buddies)
and that

b. we found them all by day 2

Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles to accept that as coincidence.

CzarTim

Someone that we think could be a threat.

Which is?

We know for a fact Blarg is a Hutt so why would we vote him now, and not investigate more?
What do we gain by keeping him?

How isn't he a threat to the Hutts? We can get them down in numbers and then BLAM when there are only a couple more left then we Vite Blarg and get one step closer to Rebel victory.
How does this make him a threat if we keep him alive? How is he less of a threat to the hutts while dead? At what point do we detain him? After 1 mislynch? 2? 3? Which day do we waste?

CzarTim

Our biggest lead before this was Setre, who just claimed cop.

So today do we risk detaining a cop? Make a quick case on an unknown and cross our fingers? Or do we go ahead and detain the admitted imperial, which we'll have to do to eventually anyway?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Has anyone considered the fact that Blarg is basically doing the same thing he did early day 1: Derail the conversation, which he admitted was his goal all along. If we don't vote him off, this is going to repeat every day. The Hutts probably love having him around, distracting us and taking up time we could be discussing other targets. I bet we have Hutts on both side of the conversation fueling the debate.

CzarTim

I don't know...if you guys are going to vote him I really don't want to have anything to do with it. Its a bad move imo

If you really believe this, you are doing a poor job explaining why. What does keeping him alive get us? Who should we vote instead? Mafia is a game of convincing people you are right, so convince me I'm wrong.

Has anyone considered the fact that Blarg is basically doing the same thing he did early day 1: Derail the conversation, which he admitted was his goal all along. If we don't vote him off, this is going to repeat every day. The Hutts probably love having him around, distracting us and taking up time we could be discussing other targets. I bet we have Hutts on both side of the conversation fueling the debate.

Good point, and agreed.

Palmer_v1

Forget that for now. Since Blarg claims to be undercover, it probably means nothing.

Sorry, I need a reason for that. We lynched Armorer #1 on day 1 for no good reason, almost wound up lynching TWE one day 2 and now that we have a good reason to detain you're asking us to vote for someone else.

I'm keeping my vote back for now, but if nothing but "trust me" is used to keep Blarg from being lynched you're not going to convince me.

Well, it blows up my theory anyway if setre is a good guy. Do you trust his claim? He could be a mafia role cop, or just making a guess.

OK.

1) Blarg is not helpful to us. He claims he will help us now, but I still think he could change that either 'for fun' of because he gets pulled into the Hutt's proper by a power role.
2) Blarg is no threat tonight. I don't see anything happening with Blarg tonight that we can't fix tomorrow. If he gets invited to the Hutts tonight, or he gets armed tonight we can still detain him tomorrow with no consequences.
3) Great another strong power role is revealed. If we have a doctor, good fucking luck.

We currently have 5 Rebel roles potentially out in the open, at least 4 of them power roles (and 2 power roles are already dead).
TheWorthyEdge and Zubz, die together unless lynched
QuantumBro, Rebel Armourer
Setre, Cop
Palmer, Rebel - role unknown

We seem way overpowered compared to what we know of the Mobsters. I think that means we are either dealing with greater numbers of them (which ties in with the undercovers) or they will have strong roles (potentially including multiple night kills, which might account for the double kill on night 1).
Double kills are worrying because they could negate the shields being of use on our power roles.

So Setres claim:
- Do we trust he's Cop?
- I feel theres been a good few posts arguing to keep power roles hidden why reveal it at that point? And why fully reveal it, not even starting with some vague 'I have a power role I don't want to disclose' posts first?
- If he's lying why choose to say he looked at Palmer? I doubt a mobster would place one of their own in the clear, as it would mean one going down would result in both going down. So if Setre is a mobster and he was clearing a Rebel, why choose one that some people are suspicious about?

Front running options:

1) Detain Blarg.
+ It's safe.
+ It will need done eventually.
- Not reallly beneficial in the short term.

2) Detain Worthy/Zubz.
+ We confirm the survivors role.
+ We have a better chance of one of them surviving the night.
- We likely lose a rebel, giving the Hutt a slightly stronger voice.
- We are focussed on protecting a weaker role.

3) Detain Setre.
+ He's not been very active
+ Will give us some info on Palmer.
- We might lose our cop.

Final Thoughts
Theres also the QuantumBro situation. His posts really do feel like Rebel posts to me but his role reveal is the reason that we seem so overpowered and I still don't totally trust that it's true? I also don't think revealing himself was in the interest of the Rebels.

At some point we're going to have to take off our survivors guilt tinted glasses and properly look at Barry's posts.

Ok I take a break after the duel, and I see that everything has gone crazy.

So now we have a traditional cop, the second armourer, and the two combat buddies as viable kills for the hutt's tonight. In addition, we have the second imperial spy just role claiming (after a very entertaining but insane event).

I'm sticking by my gun vote (though I will not be convinced until either quantum is dead or someone announces that they get the gun tomorrow)

If setre is a cop, I'm not going to vote for him, the hutt's will confirm his role (I don't want a cop death on rebel hands), blarg is a convenient vote, especially if he is the second imperial. I'm still debating,

We know for a fact Blarg is a Hutt

Unless there is some third party information that hasn't been posted, no, we don't. We know he claims to be an Imperial Agent. That's all. I could claim to be the Emperor himself, that doesn't make it true. (I am also not claiming to be the Emperor himself, so we're clear.)

Zatoth

@Setre: I don't get it. Why role claim now? Their was not much pressure on him. So why role claim? And cop is an easy role to fake for Empire players.

But would also be a very risky move for an Empire player to claim so early in the game.

@Blargonaut: I believe him. Even if he has some power. He should be as clueless about the remaining players as we are. So I don't think we would risk much by keeping him, for now.

@QuantumBro: Still not sure what to make of his role claim. Probably missed something. But why did he role claim so suddenly?

I still can't believe that we'd have this role twice. Maybe he is an Empire player with a similar power? But blaster and/or shield would be too powerful for Empire players.

Top Bottom