• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Upcoming Xbox One Patch To Include 30 FPS Lock

Well, that sucks since updates are mandatory. So I get a game-breaking bug in exchange for fixing stuttering? Totally not worth it

Indeed.

Although I just turned in a witcher contract beneath my level and did get XP. Maybe not everyone is affected.

Also, I don't think the patch is mandatory. You can decline and set your console to energy-saving mode.

I'm 5 hours into the game, at level 4. I notice the stutter, but to me it's barely there, and I choose not to let my mind focus on it. It's that simple to me. Doesn't make this game unplayable, broken, or think my X1 is poor performing, imo. Aside from the first section before training began, I haven't had much performance problems. Don't know why everybody is so hyperbolic in game forums. People need to develop stronger mental tendencies, I imagine. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, as I'm sure some will.

Can someone tell me what the XP bug is? Now you've got me worried.

You don't get any XP if the quest's recommended level is 6 levels below your current level. Some people are estimating about 4 levels lost because of this at level 24.

So, if you apply the patch, make sure you do the quests in level order..., and if they are already 6 levels below yours, just don't do them until the next patch comes in.

Whelp, I can confirm camera stutter is gone
HOORAY!
At first I thought it may have been there to a degree, but it's just the way that The Witcher 3's camera works. It requires a bit more push on the stick for full acceleration. But now I can play it and I am so happy :). I had recorded a clip of it, but it's not showing up yet... nice and smooth camera pans.

You don't get any XP if the quest's recommended level is 6 levels below your current level. Some people are estimating about 4 levels lost because of this at level 24.

So, if you apply the patch, make sure you do the quests in level order..., and if they are already 6 levels below yours, just don't do them until the next patch comes in.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think this will be an issue for me then considering I'm level 4.

v0mitg0d

Heads up!!

https://twitter.com/heymarkd/status/604332152814088192

I was playing the game and this update screen popped up in the MIDDLE of a quest. Hitting cancel kicked me out to the Xbox One menu, so I couldn't go back and save.

Savage, MicroSoft, savage!

CGME43fU4AAzJdL.jpg:large

jesu

My game says it's still 1.01 for whatever reason and I'm happy with how it's running.
I don't think I want to install this 1.03 update because of the XP bug :-/

E92 M3

Sweet, by the time I open my collectors edition the game will be patched well :D

Really sucks it released at the same times as House of Wolves.

Heads up!!

I was playing the game and this update screen popped up in the MIDDLE of a quest. Hitting cancel kicked me out to the Xbox One menu, so I couldn't go back and save.

So, did the game ask you again to update after hitting cancel and exiting? Just wondering if I can skip this update. This patch does not address anything important to me and introduces a very serious bug, so I would rather just don't install it...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just started the game with the update. Have the 1.01 copy backed up on the internal just incase but already I can sense the stuttering has gone and plays more smoother.

Heads up!!

CGME43fU4AAzJdL.jpg:large

Well thats weird. Anytime a game of mine has prompted an update during gameplay I have 3 options.
  • Start Update
  • Skip & Stay Offline
  • Cancel

thatJohann

anybody testing on swamp? is it steadier than ps4 gameplay?

Really curious about this swamp area too. I really felt it was almost unbearable to control Geralt with the sluggish framerate and the sticky lock on anytime an enemy showed up. I just ran away from everything and cast the Igni spell.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Video comparison of the first Griffin sequence:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tw3_version_1_01_and_1_03_xb1_comparison-16579_en.html

It's so close to perfect 29.97 it's not worth mentioning :)

I'll have more a bit later on, comparing gameplay from the actual game.
do the swamps and novegrad...otherwise comparison means nothinggggg lol

Just this video shows such a huge difference... I doubt there will be much in terms of *better* framerate, but as it is the game is soooo much smoother...

cresto

Im staying pretty in line with my current level as far as quests go. Thanks for the clarification.

c0de

Video comparison of the first Griffin sequence:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tw3_version_1_01_and_1_03_xb1_comparison-16579_en.html

It's so close to perfect 29.97 it's not worth mentioning :)

I'll have more a bit later on, comparing gameplay from the actual game.

Just this video shows such a huge difference... I doubt there will be much in terms of *better* framerate, but as it is the game is soooo much smoother...

Wow, this is truly an amazing step in the right direction.

Gurish

Much better, it was all linked :)
I added a second video, showing the horseback riding before that griffin scene.

If it's all running nicely, yes since it's locked. But the slowdowns might be worse (I honestly don't know)
The PS4 version is locked as well not?

So the XB1 version should performs better than the PS4 version?

Well after reading the PS4 thread and I'm playing the XB1 version and I haven't noticed issues which were reported on the PS4 .

The only stutters I had were when I launched the game while it was installing at 30% it was kinda jittery while it installed, when 100% I haven't had any stutters since

psychotron

what stutter are you talking about? the camera stutter on all versions or the issue where DF reports that ps4 drops to 20fps for cutscenes?

I don't really have much issue with the camera, but there is a stutter when simply walking on your horse. Happens on foot too, but to a lesser degree.

Top Bottom