• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

Day 5 Begins

YLdSh4l.png

The Town wakes up a little quieter today. The silence is dangerous.

LaunchpadMcQ, an Ordinary Villager, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Villager

You are aligned with the Town.

You have no abilities other than voting. Your vote is your power!

You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

The game thread is here.

Day 5 Officially Begins

10 votes needed for a majority.

Time Left Until Day 5 Ends
t1434051900z1.png

squidyj

What a beautiful morning. in this beautiful new town of mine

Hey guys, how's it going?
I don't mean to be a burden or anything but I sort of forgot to do all
my homework for school and there's a civics test coming up so I'm wondering if you can help me out with a cheat sheet.
All you have to do is write a post containing your role (if revealed) and it's action (if known), a short bit describing what you think you've done
for town, to push the town agenda and who your top 2 HHA and top 2 town are right now with a small justification for each.
I woul dreally appreciate it, I don't want to fail on my first day! :(
Anyways, thanks for your help guys.

Razmos

So many ordinary villagers.

I think Hobohodo is next for the chopping block, in my opinion. Since he survived the last vote by a hair.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

RIP Activity.

Karkador

Banned
I'd also like to clarify something about the time limit and votes:

I will count any votes up to the buzzer, but not after - and I use GAF's timestamp on the posts.

So last voting round ended at 2:00PM - I counted some votes that show on the post they were submitted at 2:00PM on the dot, but I can't count votes on 2:01 or after.

Obviously, convert the hour mark to your proper timezone (GAF probably does it automatically), but we'll use the minute mark on GAF posts as the objective measure.

Mazre

Goodbye LMQ, you will be sorely missed.

Welcome to squidyj and RetroGamer42.

Squidyj, I'm Mazre the town gossip, that information has been revealed and corroborated by multiple sources. During the day phase I can invite my neighbors (up/down/left/right) to a private night time chat. The members of my chat are kingkitty and hobohodo. We may only speak in the chat during the night phase. Being members of the same chat does not confer information on roles or alignment.

ER don't forget to update your map with Salva's removal as well.

First: Fuck. Launchpad :c

Second: Welcome new guys, please be active, thanks! Squidy, I'm in the group of people who have claimed ordinary villager. My attempts to be pro-town basically boil down to trying to be active as much as possible, and trying to get everyone else to be active, since that's just about all I can do really. As for leanings as to who's town and who's HHA, I don't really know. I may have to get back to you on that.

Third: Tom/Kalor, hear anything overnight?

Fourth: What the fuck was all that at the end of day 4? Good lord people, this is the civilised game, not Star Wars!

Also, winner take all voting systems are the worst.

Something something fuck David Cameron something something

Aw, Launchpad! I thought you were totally going to turn out to be HHA.

Third: Tom/Kalor, hear anything overnight?

Yet again, no activity.

Thinking either there's a role who can do something without me detecting them, or HHA checked out me out early on in the game and have been purposefully not triggering me.

RetroMG

Hey everyone! I'm super excited to be here with all of you in this amazing town! I'm RetroGamer. I've been reading up on all of this craziness, and I think first of all, we need to re-examine the madness with Blargonaut, and his association with Palmer..

What?

oh.

oh.

Okay, so I've been reading the wrong town's gossip column, and apparently I have a little catching up to do before I can help root out this HHA business. I'll try to dig into the thread tonight, and give some thoughts tomorrow morning.

squidyj

So I've actually done most of the reading and there's someone I'd very much like to evict but I want to give everyone a chance to answer my original question before I reveal who it is I want to evict.

Particularly the reads. I think it's quite important to get players to give reads on a fairly regular basis even outside of all the voting (and obviously you cant vote for who you think is town anyway) and very important that when they do it comes with some logic. So I do ask everyone to please participate in this, I think it can only help us to identify who the HHA are.

Haly

I'll be honest, I suspected LMQ. With him gone, it's all up in the air again. My suspicions are the worst.

I think one of the Gossips is an HHA, and there's one more in their networks. There's one in our "blind spots" (which LMQ was), and there's on in the roomates but Investigator is too valuable to lose.

nin1000

Banned
This will be some interesting days since the main trumpet is now dead and we got 2 players replacing those who just left the game.
Jut toget back from yesterdays discussion concerning him and darryl.
Even though i still dont like daryl in how he expressed his feelings i have to agree that it got us nowhere :(

And finally to start the day i will cast a vote on a player who in my eyes is worth discussing ;)
Hobohodo and / or Razmos since i highly doubt there are 2 gossip players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBkCEbc42eU

I could be wrong though

Oh forgot Hobohodo! Hell i will sleep on it : I

But still mazre,Razmos and Hobo i dont like that smell

Kalor

I didn't hear any activity either last night. The HHA kill last night is different than usual as before they were going for the quieter town members and now they go for the most vocal town member.

For the new people, I am a Light Sleeper and I get notified if their is activity in the 5 squares (or four people) around me. Activity is described as people taking actions during the night or being targeted during the night.

So, continuing this idea from yesterday, I think there is someone that can kill without their action being detected. Of course this doesn't explain why we are getting one kill a night but it would explain why Toma didn't detect up on Tucahs death. It might be that this stealth killer sends in an action during the day and their target dies during the night.

I think we need to start scrutinizing peoples behavior today and forget about our notions of who we think are town. I don't remember, was it only Timeaisis that was confirmed as ordinary villager a couple of days ago or was it a couple of people. As we can trust those people and I guess me and Toma.

I didn't hear any activity either last night. The HHA kill last night is different than usual as before they were going for the quieter town members and now they go for the most vocal town member.

For the new people, I am a Light Sleeper and I get notified if their is activity in the 5 squares (or four people) around me. Activity is described as people taking actions during the night or being targeted during the night.

So, continuing this idea from yesterday, I think there is someone that can kill without their action being detected. Of course this doesn't explain why we are getting one kill a night but it would explain why Toma didn't detect up on Tucahs death. It might be that this stealth killer sends in an action during the day and their target dies during the night.

I think we need to start scrutinizing peoples behavior today and forget about our notions of who we think are town. I don't remember, was it only Timeaisis that was confirmed as ordinary villager a couple of days ago or was it a couple of people. As we can trust those people and I guess me and Toma.

Did you get confirmation from Kark about whether someone being evicted counts? Because again, that seems ridiculous to me and I really don't want to go down this path of inquiry if it's going to be a waste of time.

Kalor

Did you get confirmation from Kark about whether someone being evicted counts? Because again, that seems ridiculous to me and I really don't want to go down this path of inquiry if it's going to be a waste of time.

Someone being evicted during the night does notify us. I think my last or second last post yesterday goes into a bit more detail. This is why I think this could be possible.

Someone being evicted during the night does notify us. I think my last or second last post yesterday goes into a bit more detail. This is why I think this could be possible.

Aha, missed that while I was writing up my post. For reference:

So I got a reply from Karkador regarding being notified about evictions during the night.

As I thought we are notified by night time evictions. However just because Toma didn't detect Tucahs eviction doesn't mean that Tucah wasn't evicted but rather it was done in a different way.Only the action is detected.

So just to be extra extra certain: Kark explicitly said that an eviction action on someone should be picked up, yes?

Hm.

I'm still not convinced by the stealth evict theory. It genuinely strikes me as an utterly pointless power.

Kalor

Aha, missed that while I was writing up my post. For reference:

So just to be extra extra certain: Kark explicitly said that an eviction action on someone should be picked up, yes?

Hm.

I'm still not convinced by the stealth evict theory. It genuinely strikes me as an utterly pointless power.

It was explicitly mentioned.

The stealth evict is the only reason I can think of to explain why Toma didn't detect Tucahs death. A use for it might be so that the person isn't detected at night but who knows. It's a small point which we can't confirm until we get more information. I'm curious to see how the gossip channels and Francorps investigation went.

Haly

Obviously, the stealth kill is explicitly supposed to circumvent the Light Sleepers.

hmmm. I don't understand the purpose of a stealth killer in this game. I would understand it if the light sleepers could read multiple actions in a night or could pinpoint where the activity took place. As I understand it, the LS picks up information that happens to a person and if a person does something and only one notice. So even if tomah got a report for Tucah, we wouldn't be able to say whether someone in his range did it, correct?

Ultron could you clarify something for me? When you force the two lynches, do both of them happen at the same time? Or do we do one lynch, person gets evicted, we see their role and then do another afterward?

Forgot to add replacements

Also Ultron, can you deactivate it, once it is active? It is weird that your ability has to do directly with lynching, but has to be activated that night.

What a beautiful morning. in this beautiful new town of mine

Hey guys, how's it going?
I don't mean to be a burden or anything but I sort of forgot to do all
my homework for school and there's a civics test coming up so I'm wondering if you can help me out with a cheat sheet.
All you have to do is write a post containing your role (if revealed) and it's action (if known), a short bit describing what you think you've done
for town, to push the town agenda and who your top 2 HHA and top 2 town are right now with a small justification for each.
I woul dreally appreciate it, I don't want to fail on my first day! :(
Anyways, thanks for your help guys.

Role - Villager
Action - Voting
Done - Nothing much, since we have yet to get a HHA
My HHA candidates - uhmmm King/Hobo/RNH, King for the village post thing and voting ystrday, Hobo/RNH due to the voting thing. RNH due to voting so far? idk. Ouro (voting) as well and to a lesser extent Haly.
Town candidates - Time due to Fran claim i guess. Maybe Razmos.

squidyj

Role - Villager
Action - Voting
Done - Nothing much, since we have yet to get a HHA
My HHA candidates - uhmmm King/Hobo/RNH, King for the village post thing and voting ystrday, Hobo/RNH due to the voting thing. RNH due to voting so far? idk. Ouro (voting) as well and to a lesser extent Haly.
Town candidates - Time due to Fran claim i guess. Maybe Razmos.

so what is it about ouro's and RNH's voting exactly that makes you say that?

squidyj

The other thing I'll add is that when I say "what you've done for town" I consider doing things like advancing good logic, pointing out useful information, etc to be advancing town.

For example I have seen posts from kalor and mazre that pointed out very coherent arguments about certain things (i cant remember the exact posts or i'd quote). They could be snowing me as mafia but they've put forward information thats useful for town.

Before he was evicted I looked at launchpad suspiciously, one reason being that he claimed there was a mafia circle with freakzilla nin and haly, because nin and haly defended freakzille, haly's defense was more passive but nin's defense was pretty passionate and in my experience and expectation, you don't put your neck out there like that for a mafia teammate, that sort of behavior is either a mafia defending a town to win themselves credibility, or a town defending someone because they think he is or might be town or is getting unfairly called out. The point being that I don't see a world where that is a mafia-mafia interaction and so I found his read there to be suspicious. He also wanted vanilla town to out themselves which was dumb.

I'll try to go back and find the posts I really liked but i still have most of day 4 to read so I might not get around to it.

Like I said not much to go on.

People who voted for Hippie

RNH
Haly - Unvoted
Darryl
Ultron
Kalor
Nin - Unvoted
Hobo
Ouro - Unvoted

People who voted for Freak

RNH
Ouro
Raz
Nin
ER
Timeasis
Maz
LMQ
King - Unvoted
Fran

People who voted for Salva

Haly
EzekelRAGE - Unvoted
franconp
Ourobolus
Hobohodo
RobotNinjaHornets
ultron87
kingkitty

RNH crosses all lists. Ouro does with his unvote. Me and Haly twice with our unvotes as well. I'm willing to bet at least one mafia is in that last list for Salva

I removed the dead from the list, so LMQ shouldve been removed. And the thing with nin/freak. I took notice of it as well and was one of the reasons I voted nin/freak. No telling what mafia might try :/.

squidyj

I removed the dead from the list, so LMQ shouldve been removed. And the thing with nin/freak. I took notice of it as well and was one of the reasons I voted nin/freak. No telling what mafia might try :/.

he was the first one to advance the notion (that I saw) and I didn't agree with it at all and moreover it felt like he was trying to lead town into lynching one of their own base don poor logic.

anyways he's dead and town so I was just using it as an example of how I tend to read posts and players and dumb was not the word I should have used, suspicious and bad for town were more accurate descriptions.

Haly

I guess me being secretive isn't really helping considering the quality of my hunches so...

Kalor - [Light Sleeper] - 80% Village
It would be weird for a HHA to be a Motion Detector and I'm not ruling it out but I think he's like

----------------------

Kingkitty - 40% Village
Very dodgy kind of guy but I don't blame him, he probably has some special role he wants to keep under wraps because it's getting picked up by Kalor.

----------------------

Darryl - 30% Village
I don't really have a read on Darryl. He votes, he talks, he accuses, he had beef
with LMQ for certain, as well as Freak. Maybe something there?

----------------------

RobotNinjaHornets - 50% village
More active and talkative than kingkitty but I don't know him any better than kingkitty either, also in the same situation with regards to Kalor's detection.

----------------------

Mazre - [Gossip] - 70% Village
Mazre's had the village's best interests so far and he hasn't acted suspiciously either. He also tried to confirm francorp's role at some risk to himself.

----------------------

Hobohodo - 30% Village
His placement between two [Gossip]s is very suspect, and he has one of the lowest post counts as well. Bored villager? Could be.

----------------------

Razmos - [Gossip] - 50% Village
He's been playing follower-the-leader for the most part. This, in itself, is suspicious, but he also said he was on vacation so he might not be sinking that much effort into this game.

----------------------

Tomakasatnav - [Light Sleeper] - 70% VIllage
Same deal as Kalor but he hasn't been as helpful, though he did somewhat confirm the existence of a stealth killer, as well as Kalor's truthiness.

----------------------

Timeaisis - 90% Village
Moderately active but doesn't really stand out. However, since he was one of the few Villagers that fran investigated and not dead, either he's HHA along with fran or really just a villager.

----------------------

Ourobolus - 30% Village
Same deal as Razmos. Follow-the-leader, never really stuck his neck out, more active but he doesn't lead discussions so much as lend eviction votes his support. In a "blind spot".

----------------------

RetroGamer - [Gossip] - 50% Village
Completely unknown.

----------------------

franconp & ultron87 - [Investigator] & [Troublemaker] - 100% HHA
It's the only reason they've survived this far.

----------------------

squidy - 50% Village
Completely unkown.

----------------------

EzekelRAGE - 40% VIllage
I'm actually growing more suspicious of Ezekel over time. He came on very strong when he joined, which I appreciated, but he is putting in a lot of effort to be useful to the village, which would be seen as a diversionary tactic.

----------------------

nin1000 - 70% Village
He didn't really crack under the pressure of the voting drama at the end of Day 4. Either he has an amazing poker face (unlikely since he's rather new) or he's just a villager trying to make the best of it.

squidyj

Initially I was concerned that one of haly and launchpad were mafia with my suspicion being that it was launchpad. Looking at haly's current reads however i think it's more likely that mafia was just allowing town to fumble in the dark with their earlier choices in kills (killing relative non-entities suggests town was of little threat to mafia) as opposed to having one of their own actively leading us down the garden path.

I want to wait to hear back from other players who hav emore difficult schedules but I think I know who I want to lynch today and it will be difficult to dissuade me at this point.

ultron87

Ultron could you clarify something for me? When you force the two lynches, do both of them happen at the same time? Or do we do one lynch, person gets evicted, we see their role and then do another afterward?

They both happen at normal day end. Just the top two vote getters get evicted. One of those two can be "No Evict", but not both.

Also Ultron, can you deactivate it, once it is active? It is weird that your ability has to do directly with lynching, but has to be activated that night.

Nope. I call it the night before and that's the rule for the next day. It'd be way crazier if I could turn it on or off mid day. Being able to go "we're double voting!" an hour before end of the day would be nuts.

ultron87

Our continued survival does make me think Franconp is probably a Mafia role cop. Like, they might just be branching out to fade another Doctor save, but otherwise us not dying is indeed pretty suspicious.

EzekelRAGE - 40% VIllage
I'm actually growing more suspicious of Ezekel over time. He came on very strong when he joined, which I appreciated, but he is putting in a lot of effort to be useful to the village, which would be seen as a diversionary tactic.

Meh, fair assessment I guess. It could be possible, but I'm just regular old villager being helpful. I feel the same way about most the ppl Haly has 40% or below on his list, excluding me of course. Also add Haly's leading of Hippie's eviction which was a tally for me.

tumblr_mhk3xzs6x91rhsosoo1_500.gif

This is the list of ppl my vote would go to today, w/o solid information from fran or another source.(The voters of Salva, minus myself and fran/ultron):
Haly
Ourobolus
Hobohodo
RobotNinjaHornets
kingkitty
======
@Ultron, that makes sense.

Haly

I'm leaning toward Ouro and Hobohodon at the moment.

Top Bottom