• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
Oh god, the nostalgia, y'all! The nostalgia!

I remember playing a specific section a while ago that totally triggered my memory from 13 years ago.

Y'all are in for a real treat.

TimmiT

It's been said before, but again: goddamn this looks amazing. Insomniac seems to have nailed the gameplay as well. I just hope that it will have a consistent framerate, but I think it's a bit safer to expect that now after Sunset Overdrive.

TriGen

That looked really great. And with an awesome price point of $40 this will be an easy pick-up for me when it comes out.

Pixelator is such a cool weapon idea. Insomniac has still got it

Im glad some of the original Ratchet and Clank weapons are back, with the Combustor bein he primary pistol.

Hope the walloper, decoy glove, tesla claw and agents of doom return

Weird that the bouncer is dlc, that's from going commando

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just noticed something, is the area where you are fighting the blargian snagglebeast the same area as the level where you fought the alien queen, the first boss of the original game?

Seems like the combined both bosses because the alien queen also summoned those frog things as well, wondered if they scrapped her.

EDIT: yeah, the area is called G34 here and in the original game. So I guess some locations have been changed which means Qwarks hideout probably will have a different boss or purpose or just doesn't exist.

What I mean by alien queen

latest

every boss fight in the game is new

This is the 2nd best looking game on PS4. It looks even better than uncharted. At some points it looks like a pixar cgi movie. It's been a loooong looong time since i played a good 3D plarformer and this will fix the urge for it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
They should bring back the original R&C TV ads as well.

JS, will open-world areas and sphere worlds be added to this remake? Two of the best elements Insomniac added to the series over time.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Oh god, the nostalgia, y'all! The nostalgia!

I remember playing a specific section a while ago that totally triggered my memory from 13 years ago.

Y'all are in for a real treat.
Warms my heart. I'm really glad you guys went with the $40 price point as well. Pre-ordered the fuck out of it; can't wait for that nostalgia trip!

sinxtanx

I will say without the pre-order wall, the Bouncer wouldn't be in at all. We added it specifically as a pre-order bonus fairly recently! I was so happy we managed to find a way to squeeze it in thanks to that

what actual mechanism of game development is keeping Insomniac from just putting it in the game because I sure as hell can't think of a single one except Sony demanding a pre-order bonus item

I better be able to just buy it ingame for bolts

This is the 2nd best looking game on PS4. It looks even better than uncharted. At some points it looks like a pixar cgi movie. It's been a loooong looong time since i played a good 3D plarformer and this will fix the urge for it.

It does make you wonder if anything is ever going to top The Order this gen.

It does make you wonder if anything is ever going to top The Order this gen.

I would hedge my bet on the next QD game looking pretty damn close, if not better.

Hard to believe though. We've all been to the screenshot section lol. The Order is nuts

I'll take R&C visuals over The Order visuals anyday of the week though. This looks phenomenal.

what actual mechanism of game development is keeping Insomniac from just putting it in the game because I sure as hell can't think of a single one except Sony demanding a pre-order bonus item

I better be able to just buy it ingame for bolts

I assume they got extra budget to make pre-order bonus?

NastyBook

Should've brought back Zurkon Family. Zurkon by himself was always kinda lame to me. As a family on Into the Nexus, they're straight killers. First time I actually enjoyed summoning the guy.

I hope they find a good shotgun to put in there, since there weren't any in ToD or ACiT. Zoni Temporal Shotty would work, but that probably wouldn't make sense story-wise.

Should've brought back Zurkon Family. Zurkon by himself was always kinda lame to me. As a family on Into the Nexus, they're straight killers. First time I actually enjoyed summoning the guy.

I hope they find a good shotgun to put in there, since there wasn't any in ToD or ACiT. Zoni Temporal Shotty would work, but that probably wouldn't make sense story-wise.

This game features upgradeable weapons so the family is probably coming back :D

I wish this had a more prominent role in the E3 press conference instead of being a pre E3 reveal. I miss the days where platformers were a big frickin deal. Everything has to be a dark, gritty shooter nowadays. After having my fill of that, I want more colorful games.

VanWinkle

I just can't get over how good this looks. This game will show off the engine they started with SO much better than SO did, if only because of the sheer variety in locations and times of day. SO only had the city with one time of day (two if you count one of the expansions). You can tell it's the SO engine though, because the awesome trees look exactly the same.

That's not to mention, of course, that this will be in 1080p and doesn't seem to suffer from the weird gamma/black level issue of SO.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So is this the correct summary so far?
  • The full, first Ratchet and Clank game reimagined
  • Added levels, elements, and better controls
  • 10-12 hours
  • 39.99 USD

Why is it 39.99 USD though? If it is a full fledged game, shouldn't it be 59.99 USD?

W.S.

This looks great.

Hopefully they don't go nuts on the sequels and side stories and give the series more breathing room between games.

Never played the series, but it looks really cool from just this little bit. Since I'm aiming to get a PS4 in the not-so-near-but-near-enough future I'll be keeping an eye on it.

This is sort of a remake/reboot, right? Do I need to look into anything until then?

VanWinkle

So is this the correct summary so far?
  • The full, first Ratchet and Clank game reimagined
  • Added levels, elements, and better controls
  • 10-12 hours
  • 39.99 USD

Why is it 39.99 USD though? If it is a full fledged game, shouldn't it be 59.99 USD?

Sly 4 and Puppeteer back in 2013 were $40 at launch, too. Seems to be Sony's new thing with platformers.

Top Bottom