• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Lee

Hahaha, you have no idea what's coming.

If you're already at this level of hype you're probably not going to survive some of the later episodes. Just a warning.

I don't know. The whole thing was great, but episode three was really when the screw started turning. Probably my favorite moment of the series.

Hyped for the finale. Anyone know what time these usually get released? Is the soundcloud page the best place to look?

Arjac

That line about the reclamation is interesting.
I find it odd that there is a countdown - and what is it emanating from? So what happens if no one is around in 3 days? "Let's make a fixed date 100,000 years in the future - be there or else!"
I can't wait to find out!

well, unless Ben's mission is a complete failure, I doubt Chief's being hunted by Locke solely over the embassy incident.
My bets, Chief tries to stop the Guardians from waking up (or something to that effect) only to end up causing it himself.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I don't know if I'm late to the party asking, but what is up with the "Killed by the Guardians" message anyway? Any relation?

Previously it was just the way of keeping you in the gaming area. If you got stuck in a wall or something funky the guardians killed you. Who knows if this was something planned from the start, or just something cool to make us think and debate?

Previously it was just the way of keeping you in the gaming area. If you got stuck in a wall or something funky the guardians killed you. Who knows if this was something planned from the start, or just something cool to make us think and debate?

Didn't mean to imply I'd never seen it before
my tender gamer cred!
, but the idea that they're linked is really intriguing.

krang

So I don't know if I'm late to the party asking, but what is up with the "Killed by the Guardians" message anyway? Any relation?

It's just an "oh we're totally in control of this" captcha for when actually there's no definitive explanation to why you died. i.e. Not by another player, or suicide.

This is just 343 tying the name into the lore, rather than being in the plan all along. Which they seem ruthlessly efficient at, tying all the loose ends.

You know what is going to be awesome?

When you finally meet a guardian as the chief. Alone.
Like in the reveal trailer of him in some desert all covered. I now can confirm CGI cutscenes will be used in halo 5 then? With in-engine cutscenes for smoother transitions of gameplay??

Thoughts?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You know what is going to be awesome?

When you finally meet a guardian as the chief. Alone.
Like in the reveal trailer of him in some desert all covered. I now can confirm CGI cutscenes will be used in halo 5 then? With in-engine cutscenes for smoother transitions of gameplay??

Thoughts?

There will be VERY limited CG in Halo 5. Almost none in the grand scheme of things.

There will be VERY limited CG in Halo 5. Almost none in the grand scheme of things.

ah okay! GREAT! Thank you for clarifying.

One super important question.

Will Mister Cheif make an appearance in Halo 5 MP? just a yes or no, no specifids needed :p hehe.... unless you want to spill the beans and bacon ;)

I'm very curious about who/what is controlling the Guardians.
Or maybe they are automated and when humanity reaches a certain stage the Guardians turn on and smash everything (doubtful).

I think it probably has to do more with the Absolute Record. Like, maybe these dudes come into play if a certain number / type of artifacts get "pinged" or something.

ah okay! GREAT! Thank you for clarifying.

One super important question.

Will Mister Cheif make an appearance in Halo 5 MP? just a yes or no, no specifids needed :p hehe.... unless you want to spill the beans and bacon ;)

So I actually have no idea, but I can't imagine a situation where he would, being on the run from the UNSC and all.

Start and end, like 4?
I wouldn't mind a few in the middle.

Snackawho

I've always thought that halo needed an ingame codex, something that casuals can quickly and easily go to see and read additional information about the characters, locations, weapons, etc that appear in the games. Something like mass effect. Halo has a very deep and expansive universe and its a shame that not more know about it.

For example i know that much of the lore that appears in the witcher 3 wouldve never been accesible to me without the bestiary/character menus.

AlStrong

I've always thought that halo needed an ingame codex, something that casuals can quickly and easily go to see and read additional information about the characters, locations, weapons, etc that appear in the games. Something like mass effect. Halo has a very deep and expansive universe and its a shame that not more know about it.

They had one for CEA on 360. Would like to see another iteration of that since it had the model viewer too.
Narrated by Stinkles pls

So I actually have no idea, but I can't imagine a situation where he would, being on the run from the UNSC and all.

I wouldn't mind a few in the middle.

This is mister cheif

Mister_Chief.jpg

Created by Frankie :) back in the day when he would do weekly updates abotu halo for bungie.

For example i know that much of the lore that appears in the witcher 3 wouldve never been accesible to me without the bestiary/character menus.

The Haloire.

Oh lord, I read the i as an a. Disregard me, I've had too many beers and not enough sleep.

HAHA it's okay.

I'm more inclined to hope for decals on your armor perhaps? I'd want one of mister cheif. on my shoulder pad or something. The emblems are cool and all, but some fleshed out amazing decals would be awesome. Of course, that you can earn via acheievements or whatever.

Maybe a helm with his face over the lense? haha idk.

HAHA it's okay.

I'm more inclined to hope for decals on your armor perhaps? I'd want one of mister cheif. on my shoulder pad or something. The emblems are cool and all, but some fleshed out amazing decals would be awesome. Of course, that you can earn via acheievements or whatever.

Maybe a helm with his face over the lense? haha idk.

Just giving me the option for the eyes would be enough.

Raide

Up to Episode 7...

Damn, it started making me think...Had to pause it 10 or so mins in, just to let my own brain think about it.

Hands down the best PR build-up/ARG thing or whatever its called. If just a tiny piece of this filters into Halo 5 and fleshes out what is going on, I dunno what I will do. Seriously fascinating stuff.

link1201

Up to Episode 7...

Damn, it started making me think...Had to pause it 10 or so mins in, just to let my own brain think about it.

Hands down the best PR build-up/ARG thing or whatever its called. If just a tiny piece of this filters into Halo 5 and fleshes out what is going on, I dunno what I will do. Seriously fascinating stuff.

I've really enjoyed it. Kinda bummed there are only 2 episodes left.

Up to Episode 7...

Oh it's all leading up to Halo 5. So many threats from so many angles!

Wait till you hear the latest one. ;)

Pretty embarrassing for the world of art that this was the zenith of human expressive endeavor, and has never been topped.

Hahaha, we all loved your art skillz. I kinda wish i had a backlog of every one you made. Some of them were hilarious!

Didn't you make one with Mister in a poncho?

I so wish there was a live action version of this. :D

So glad E3 is not that far away now.

I almost wonder if seeing it in action (video) would take away some of the awesomeness? Since the majority of this is just exposition, that might not translate well.. I suppose if they had it as a voiceover over some really awesome imagery it might work..

I don't know, I just don't want it to be over.

They've gone on record as saying this weekends double episode is a "Season finale". So that leaves the door open for more.. so.. *crosses fingers*.

QUOTE=Raide;167357938]I so wish there was a live action version of this. :D

So glad E3 is not that far away now.[/QUOTE]

RIGHT!!! Oh man, i'm so exctied for this two-part episode this sunday!!

It's about to GO DOWN.

Maybe they will have a re-cap of it right before the campaign trailer of Halo 5: Guardians. 343i sends (Ben)Key onto stage, in costume, telling us of the events with highlights of the podcast on a screen behind him, leading up to a tease of how Season 2 will begin and when to expect it...

#HUNTtheTRUTH
What is the truth? How many truths can we uncover in the Halo Universe since he just only seen the tip of the iceburg with ONI? What will his new agenda be once he realizes ONI is just a pawn versus the RECLAIMATION..

Dude, my exaggeration is on hyper hypemode status lol

Glass

Obviously the big reveal is at E3, but I do wonder if after the final episode is uploaded, if that will be it or if there'll be one extra little thing, to send hype levels into overdrive.

I'm going to sit down on Sunday and listen to all the episodes in a row, partly to hear the whole story again, but mostly to pass the time until the episode goes up.

Obviously the big reveal is at E3, but I do wonder if after the final episode is uploaded, if that will be it or if there'll be one extra little thing, to send hype levels into overdrive.

I'm going to sit down on Sunday and listen to all the episodes in a row, partly to hear the whole story again, but mostly to pass the time until the episode goes up.

For that BIG BADA BOOM!

Just listened to the whole thing, including the 29 audio messages for Giroux.

Super maximum hype overdrive!

So there's one "final" episode coming this Sunday then? I'm planning to burn through H4 with a buddy this weekend; I have never finished the game before.

xboxnerd

Banned
So there's one "final" episode coming this Sunday then? I'm planning to burn through H4 with a buddy this weekend; I have never finished the game before.

Two actually, they're a two-part season finale.

Halo 4 campaign is really solid, you should definitely finish it before E3 hits!

Pretty embarrassing for the world of art that this was the zenith of human expressive endeavor, and has never been topped.

would love to see a mister chief easter egg in H5!
Speaking of Easter eggs, do you all have any planned yet, or is that something typically added in at the very end of development?

jem0208

I don't even remember that, regardless, I much prefer in engine/ in game cinematics.
I thought it worked rather well in that circumstance actually.

All the in engine cutscenes were during the Halo 4 timeframe whereas the CGI cutscenes were either in the past or cutting forward.

I'm CG-neutral.

I think their in-game work is definitely well enough, but if they use it sparingly here and there it wouldn't bother me.

I feel the same. I just don't like it when CG is abused to where it looks significantly better than the actual game, and is used very often to the point where it breaks immersion.

But I don't mind a little CG when it is necessary. The big thing for me is to make any pre rendered cutscenes using all in game assets so that it is consistent.

I feel the same. I just don't like it when CG is abused to where it looks significantly better than the actual game, and is used very often to the point where it breaks immersion.

But I don't mind a little CG when it is necessary. The big thing for me is to make any pre rendered cutscenes using all in game assets so that it is consistent.

I dunno, if there are exterior space shots I think a CG that looks really good would set the scene pretty well. I think they've dropped that there will be a Blue Team level involving an abandoned science vessel. Might be cool.

Top Bottom