• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift will have the ability to "stream Xbox One games" in "virtual cinema"

DNAbro

IMG_4673.JPG

Don't get excited lol

coldcrush

Neo Member
not sure what to make of this... was weird that they only showed xbone games being played in a virtual cinema rather than in full vr

Hoo-doo

Banned
So stream non-VR games into a VR living room. While actually in your living room.

Yeah. I bet people can't wait. What a silly concept.

not sure what to make of this... was weird that they only showed xbone games being played in a virtual cinema rather than in full vr

It's just streaming a video feed, The xbox isn't receiving motion inputs.

Sakura

I don't get it. It simulates the experience of sitting at home playing an Xbox One game on the TV? Or they are Xbox One games in VR? If it is the former I don't understand the appeal.

Kalor

I'm curious to see if there is proper support for other games or if this is the only way to play Xbox One games with Oculus.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So stream non-VR games into a VR living room. While actually in your living room.

Yeah. I bet people can't wait. What a silly concept.
Yeah I really don't get the point of this. If you have the cash for a PC+Oculus+XBO why wouldn't you also have the cash for a TV large enough to make this virtual room absolutely pointless.

What am I looking at here?
The virtual theater you play Xbox One games in on the Rift. This isn't like playing native Rift or Morpheus games. It's like watching a screen in a virtual living room.

robotrock

Banned
oh jesus christ

i just realized that the room was a virtual one. thought it was just a shot of her tv with the motion of moving her head

EBE

I don't get it. It simulates the experience of sitting at home playing an Xbox One game on the TV? Or they are Xbox One games in VR? If it is the former I don't understand the appeal.

maybe you live in a shitty-ass rinky-dink home and wanna experience a nice one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What am I looking at here?

instead of playing forza on her xbox one on her tv in her room, the woman streams the xbox one game to her pc and puts on the oculus rift so she can watch her avatar sit in a room playing xbox one on the virtual screen in the room

which is something no one would ever want to do

Cat Party

This isn't very exciting, but it is could be a precursor to actual oculus support for XB1. That would actually be worth getting excited for.

GHG

Playing Xbox One games on a wall of a virtual reality room

instead of playing forza on her xbox one on her tv in her room, the woman streams the xbox one game to her pc and puts on the oculus rift so she can watch her avatar sit in a room playing xbox one on the virtual screen in the room

Streaming from Xbox One to Oculus Rift. The woman, sitting in her living room, can now sit in a virtual sitting room with a virtual TV!

A virtual room, where you stream games. Instead of you know, sitting in a room playing a game.

Wow...

And there was me thinking this could be something big when I clicked on the thread.

Never mind then.

nib95

Banned

Lol. That's...interesting. Can you at least skip the virtual room and have the game running in full?

Sakura

maybe you live in a shitty-ass rinky-dink home and wanna experience a nice one.

Finally I can know how it feels to play video games in a nice room.
I hope I can spend real money to upgrade my virtual room.

Bgamer90

Banned
Not really interested in VR. Could understand this feature being used by people who travel or people who live in (very) small places though.

flkraven

Who is this for? People that can't afford a TV + TV stand for their Xbox One but somehow have high-end PC + Occulus money?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why would anyone use this feature? I don't get it.

Kayant

Looool what is the point of this??

Corpekata

Banned
Couldn't this possibly simulate playing the games on a much bigger screen to you personally? LIke if you have a dinky TV, I can kind see it?

Then again if you have a Rift, and a powerful PC, and and an Xbox one, you probably have a good TV.

Top Bottom