• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - Multiple E3 Gameplay Demos, Releasing November 10th, 2015

UberLevi

yE7GDs.gif

Ready to fiddle around with my Pip-Boy arm.

Chabbles

I am very concerned about how dialogue works. I only watched the first video so far, but they can't have possibly limited dialogue to 4 choices per conversation, right?

In the aftershow, Todd said the main characters voice actor was in the studio recording for the last 2 year, over 17,000 lines of dialogue i think he said ?

Kacho

So was that a person running in the background during the character creation part of the demo? Pretty creepy looking.

I think people also need to be a bit forgiving in the sense that they started work on this immediately after Fallout 3. To be honest I think it's a miracle it looks this good

Woorloog

Banned
Has me worried about my PC. Hope my GTX 980 can handle this.

I wonder if my lowly laptop can handle this, assuming everything set to as low as possible.
Somehow i doubt it can. Memory and CPU are going to be a problem.

EDIT I can run Skyrim on modified medium-high-settings...

RootCause

You seriously think there's as much demand for a Pip-Boy edition as there was the Majora's Mask 3DS?
I wouldn't be surprised. Majoras mask LE was a very limited print, so no surprise for it not to meet demand. This LE on the other hand will sell a ton more than MM3DS(& the LE game)and might be out of stock by tomorrow.

So it seems meleeing with guns is a thing now? I don't mind that, wasting ammo on radroaches or switching to a melee weapon just to deal with them was always an annoyance.

Also noticed a "Cryolator Pistol" I wonder if there are elemental based mods? Having a sniper that catches people on fire would be pretty cool.

Edit: Just noticed the plasma pistol has a flame mode, and the junk jet has electric and fire mods. So yeah, elemental mods confirmed. Sweet.

Looks great, it seems like they're expanding on everything that makes bethesda games interesting. My only issue is the extreme depth of field effect during dialogue and cutscenes, so many games overuse this effect and it really bugs me.

BigDug13

Game company shows complete bullshit E3 "gameplay" footage.

"Such bull shots, why not show us how the game actually looks?"

Game company shows their true work-in-progress gameplay footage.

"That looks totally unoptimized, poor lip syncing, shit graphics."

They are just speaking my language with the house and defense system crafting. It's all so overly custom and pointless. They even used it to make a dumb logo with fire, wonderful! I'm going to waste so much time with that stuff.

Jonm1010

Banned
Man if I wasn't already sold that crafting your settlement part did it.

That is just the sort of secondary thing this game needs to keep my attention when I am inevitably disappointed by the main games story.
man I hope I'm wrong on this one

Mononoke

Banned
I'm pretty sure we'll be fine (fellow 980 owner here).

I'm an idiot. Should have specified I think my 980 is being bottlenecked by my average CPU.

Could run Witcher 3 with everything Ultra @ 2560x1600p with 45-54 fps. With terrain distance and shadows to high, 52-55 fps (it could reach 60 fps but it would average what I listed). With Hairworks off it would hit 65-70 fps.

I honestly don't know what more you were expecting.

I'm sorry, it was a dumb post. Should have said I was concerned about whether "my rig" could handle the game. Those screenshots look amazing IMO.

SlickVic

I hope they release a list before release off all the supported names that Wadsworth says. I think that'll be the difference between me selecting real name if it's supported vs finding something on the list.

Todd Howard gave one of the best presentations I've seen inside or outside of gaming. He was so confident in the product he was presenting and gave the viewer what he knew they wanted. Damn, I'm going to have to watch that again.

That's Todd Howard as usual. He's always very confident about his products and does a great job explaining everything.

Even though the end product may not always reach the standard he set, but that's understandable, he's gotta a product to sell.

The new features they are showing off look great. Also, the variety of locales looks awesome as well. One of my biggest problems with Fallout 3 is that most of the areas felt and looked the same.

The graphics look really spotty though. Seeing as how we're almost two years into the generation, it's really disappointing that the visuals aren't better. The animations in particular look really janky and stand out in a bad way. At least we know they're probably not being deceptive about how the game looks.

ironcreed

Banned
Game company shows complete bullshit E3 "gameplay" footage.

"Such bull shots, why not show us how the game actually looks?"

Game company shows their true work-in-progress gameplay footage.

"That looks totally unoptimized, poor lip syncing, shit graphics."

Sad, huh? Bethesda always shows what you are getting and it is just another reason I love them. Their games always look pretty damn good for the time they release as well and this is no exception. It looks just plain great and is a huge leap over Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I don't know what more people want.

Aspiring

Cancelled my pre order

And ordered the pip boy edition. I am so hyped! The best part is the wife and I are building a house and we should be in by than. So this game in new place man its gonna be perfect!!!!

I just wonder about the writing. Everything I've seen here is Skyrim 2.0. More of the time-distractions and not emphasis on narrative. How well do my options change the way the world is like? Can I join different factions, can I choose who to side with? I'm more interested in player choice and agency than Build-em-up sideoffers.

Top Bottom