• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

uKN2t2n.jpg

there's still time guys....

*Grabs hold of you.*

Get back on the fucking train!!

Cagey

Banned
I'd much rather they focus on new ideas. Final Fantasy 7 was great as it was. I have no confidence that the Square of 2015 has to ability to do anything but fuck it up.

The only way an FF7 remake can be fucked up is if the game is actually an FF8 remake in disguise.

Juraash

Jesus Christ, all these potential big surprises tonight. I want to keep my level of expectation realistic, but the hype is gripping me. I'm sitting here at work and all I want to do is read GAF for the next 5 1/2 hours.

I'm going buy some popcorn for tonight... I have a feeling SOMETHING is going to go down.

this is a mighty train. It will crash head first into something, whether good or bad, it no longer makes a difference!

Jesus Christ, all these potential big surprises tonight. I want to keep my level of expectation realistic, but the hype is gripping me. I'm sitting here at work and all I want to do is read GAF for the next 5 1/2 hours.

haha, so do it then!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
-in 2013 he said, that an proper FF7 Remake will be coming (but its still far off) - he claimed that he even saw the project with his own eyes
If it was around that early then it'd kinda rule out CC2. It'd also be one heck of a big secret kept for over 2 years!

RC

Banned
I'd much rather they focus on new ideas. Final Fantasy 7 was great as it was. I have no confidence that the Square of 2015 has to ability to do anything but fuck it up.

That's my worry too if this rumour ends up being true.

Now if this was 10 years ago we'd be in far more capable hands.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
From earlier this year:

An article about CyberConnect2's current work in 2015.

The first unannounced title they're working on will be on Unreal Engine 4 targeting a worldwide audience. Other keywords associated with it are "large scale development", "photo real", and "physically based rendering", .The second unannounced title will be an open world gameand the third unannounced title is a VR title.

He also goes on to say in the interview that up until now, CC2 has split the number of titles they worked on between console and smartphones evenly, but moving forward, they're looking at a ratio of 70% consoles, 30% smartphones. He feels that this is the time for console development to fight on.

In March 2015 CyberConnect2 put out cryptic hire ads to take on "A New Challenge".

Sources on the FFVII:Remake are saying the project has been worked on for months.

It's happening guys!!!!!

Hype Thrusters MAXIMUM!!!!!!!

Nephtes

The FFXIII trilogy did less on Xbox than Playstation witha higher install base and the Type 0 split was horrendous. Something like 80% of copies sold world wide were on PlayStation

There isn't really a market for these games on Xbox One

There is a market, we just want the GOOD Final Fantasy games on the Xbox... Like FFXIV... And FFVI and FFVII would be nice.

paolo11

people here are confusing Verendus words. Here is a summary:

-in 2013 he said, that an proper FF7 Remake will be coming (but its still far off) - he claimed that he even saw the project with his own eyes

- After the PSX Event and that FF7 PC Port, he said, that we still get an proper Remake - but also an compilation with probably some Remasters

- According to Verendus that Remake will be handled by Kitase and Nomura. After Nomura is finished with Kh3, the Full Production of it will start

- Some Weeks ago he added, that we will also get a new Spinn-off, which is AA, but should please the Fans

Then we got Kyoufu who made an Avatar Bet with JohnBender, that the FF7 Remake will get announced this year

Since our new Insider from today claims that the Remake started its development some months ago, my guess is:
Nomura left KH3 in Tai Yasue hand's and is now fully focusing on the Remake

Hmmm nice insight. Thanks for the summary.

From earlier this year:

An article about CyberConnect2's current work in 2015.

In March 2015 CyberConnect2 put out cryptic hire ads to take on "A New Challenge".

Sources on the FFVII:Remake are saying the project has been worked on for months.

It's happening guys!!!!!

Hype Thrusters MAXIMUM!!!!!!!

The key part there is the UE4 part as apparently thats what its running on

Arklite

Hard to believe, hard to be excited. Square just doesn't seem up to the task with how slow and labored their developments seem to be.

Mortemis

Banned
What if CC2 is working on the non-AAA spin-off?

I hope so, sounds so much more interesting.

Honestly I hope a remake never happens, it'll just disappoint and have people whine about every damn little detail.

Nomura left KH3 in Tai Yasue hand's and is now fully focusing on the Remake

If Nomura leaves his star project for a remake... he might as well write 'I'm a joke' on his forehead. :(

dmr87

Reposting

Siliconera said:
It's happening

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Poster has been verified.

Venturebeat said:

Wario64 said:

Destructoid said:

My guess:

Producer:Kitase (not working on a major project, Mobius is launched)
Director: Nomura (not the director of FF15, and according to Tai Yasue his work rate towards kingdom Hearts 3 didnt change)
Nojima (not working on FF15 anymore)
Nobue Uematsu

HeelPower

Dude, the game would still be designed/directed by SE, just the actual production would be outsourced.

If this is ever real ,I expect it to be a premature,bite-more-than-you-can-chew type of announcement that's all too typical in today's industry.

I'd rather have nothing than BS like this.

jiggle

Connecting verendamus' clues
There are supposedly 2 JRPG announcements coming from SE
Ffvii spinoff
And
???

What other franchises can win back fans' goodwill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom