• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

RK128

From the other thread

Adachi dances into the scene before Dojima....for shame Atlus XD! Still, that is a sight to see and I just want to know how that fits into the games plot; does he just dance with Yu and the gang to mess with them or something?

Still, he is a great character, so its nice seeing him join the game's roster of characters.

Now if Dojima and Aigis joins the roster, it would be perfect then :D.

I got my 64gb card, should i just copy everything from my 16gb one and paste it on my 64gb one?

I'm going to use my 16gb card on my PS TV, anything I should know when it comes to sharing and moving save files around?

sweet jesus marie

yeah, she sucks.
Just like you.

RK128

I got my 64gb card, should i just copy everything from my 16gb one and paste it on my 64gb one?

I'm going to use my 16gb card on my PS TV, anything I should know when it comes to sharing and moving save files around?

I recommend copying your games to your PC/Laptop through content manger, then copy them back to the new memory card afterwards. Never tried the method you came up with though, so who knows if that works or not. I know it works with the 3DS line of systems, as after copying my 4GB card into my laptop and plugging in the 16GB one into my laptop afterwards, it copied everything with little issue.

And congrats on the 64GB card :D! Now you can hold a lot more games :).

Li Kao

yeah, she sucks.
Just like you.

The only thing I know is that you should avoid the global backup function at all cost. Restore is buggy as hell if we go by the experience of other Gaffers.
Better to backup each game individually. Yeah, won't that be a fun time ;-)

Ambitious

My PS+ subscription was renewed a few days ago. Just like the last time, the date of purchase of every single PS+ download has been updated, so my whole download list has basically been shuffled and I can't find anything. Fucking amazing.

Prelude.

Not having played P4D (yet) I'm curious to see why everyone and their mom seems to hate Marie, she looks cute at lea-
>watches video
>hanakana
OH FUCK WORST GRILL CONFIRMED

I'm just kidding, the dub's so bad I'd rather hear her for the whole game instead.

Xenoflare

Well, quality of the dub aside, I don't see the point in ruining the original work, they're not able to do a better job anyway. And this applies to any kind of media and language.

This is where we differ then.

I'd take a good quality dub over sub only. The only exception I make with this is Dynasty Warriors.

It kinda irks me when I see deviations between the sub and the spoken dialogue in Japanese. My Japanese isn't good enough to let me enjoy games fully but it's enough for me to notice them. I'd much prefer to listen to something in a language I can fully understand.

Atlus usually has good dubs so it's fine for me.

Well, quality of the dub aside, I don't see the point in ruining the original work, they're not able to do a better job anyway. And this applies to any kind of media and language.
This is where we differ then.

I'd take a good quality dub over sub only. The only exception I make with this is Dynasty Warriors.

It kinda irks me when I see deviations between the sub and the spoken dialogue in Japanese. My Japanese isn't good enough to let me enjoy games fully but it's enough for me to notice them. I'd much prefer to listen to something in a language I can fully understand.

Atlus usually has good dubs so it's fine for me.

I can understand Prelude's and others' purist view, but at the same time I can't, even though I watch anime in Japanese mostly because I have to, dubs take forever to come out. Indeed the original language is pretty much the "vision" of the director, but if we are to watch animated stuff which does not have complicated lip synching in order to work, I don't understand not wanting or enjoying media in your own language when the chance is offered to you. Bad or not, I would rather have the characters speak in a language that I understand than one I don't. And you can say English VAs make the voices sound "cheesy", but from what I understand the same can be said about the Japanese counterparts, the only difference is being able to pick one up and not the other.

Eh, they can keep this one. Just bring over GE2:RB already
Whynotboth.gif

SerTapTap

My PS+ subscription was renewed a few days ago. Just like the last time, the date of purchase of every single PS+ download has been updated, so my whole download list has basically been shuffled and I can't find anything. Fucking amazing.

Use PSDLE on PC + remote download for download list stuff. The download list is all but unusable anyway.

You won't convince anyone in the subs vs dubs debate. You either like it or not and it depends on what you're used to an a million other things.

I wish that people were a bit more tolerant towards stuff that isn't exactly like they want it though. I prefer original voice, but if for some reason the only option is to have dubs? Whatever, I'll take it.

SerTapTap

You won't convince anyone in the subs vs dubs debate. You either like it or not and it depends on what you're used to an a million other things.

I wish that people were a bit more tolerant towards stuff that isn't exactly like they want it though. I prefer original voice, but if for some reason the only option is to have dubs? Whatever, I'll take it.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason most any dub sounds "wrong" to people is when they hear the japanese voices first. Then again people complain about Nepgear's english VA and after finally playing one in Japanese they are amazingly similar in voice so I dunno. I always avoid the issue because ain't nobody convincing no one. It's basically a religious debate.

Prelude.

Good acting is universal, regardless of the understanding of the language.

Yeah, but I can't. It's not "Damn, you assholes, I'm gonna boycott your game now!", it's "Wow, this is awful, I can't enjoy the game because of this." That's why I want every game to give me the ability to turn it off if I want, don't force it on me.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason most any dub sounds "wrong" to people is when they hear the japanese voices first. Then again people complain about Nepgear's english VA and after finally playing one in Japanese they are amazingly similar in voice so I dunno. I always avoid the issue because ain't nobody convincing no one. It's basically a religious debate.
That's a different thing, it's just not being used to a different voice which undestandably sounds off, but that only happens if you already extensively played the game in another language.
And this is just indefensible, it's horrible cheap kids cartoon acting.

RK128

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that a flash sale is coming today :D!

While the prices aren't live yet, the games part of the sale include:
-Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment
-Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebrith 1
-Tales of Heart R
-Mind Zero
-Monster Monpiece
-New Little Kings Story
-Soul Sacrficie
-Pocket RPG
-Dungeon Hunter Alliance
-Warriors of the Lost Empire

This is all on the Vita PSN Store right now, so I don't know if any PS3 or PS4 games are part of this sale. Will update the prices when they go live but these are some great games on sale :D! If Tales of Heart R goes down to say 15 bucks, I will get for sure!

There is also a big Sonic Birthday sale on PSN, and the Vita store has the following listed as part of the sale:
-Sonic Racing Transformed Vita - 17.99
-Sonic Rivals - 2.49
-Sonic Rivals 2 - 2.49
-Jet Set Radio - 3.99

Again, this is from the Vita PSN Store, so I have no idea what's on sale for the PS3 or PS4. But tittles like Generations, Unleashed, Ep. 1 and 2 and CD HD are likely to be part of the console end of the sale. I love the series, so I can happily recommend Unleashed, CD HD and Generations for those who never played them before :D.

RK128

Flash sales are on the weekend, you sure it's not just a normal weekly sale?
Anyway, buy Neptunia if you haven't yet. It's great.

The Vita store has an icon under sales listed as "Flash Sale! Fantasy Deals - Ends 6/29 11AM PT", so its legit :).

And I own the first rebirth game; its a great tittle but its difficulty spikes are something to keep in mind for new comers in the series.

The Vita store has an icon under sales listed as "Flash Sale! Fantasy Deals - Ends 6/29 11AM PT", so its legit :).

And I own the first rebirth game; its a great tittle but its difficulty spikes are something to keep in mind for new comers in the series.

Then it'll probably start friday and they just messed up :)
I guess we'll see in a while, thanks for the heads up!

RK128

Then it'll probably start friday and they just messed up :)
I guess we'll see in a while, thanks for the heads up!

No problem :D. If the prices go live in the next hour or so, I will make a thread covering it.

Hope this happens though; would love for these games to go on sale :D.

Yasumi

Banned
While the prices aren't live yet, the games part of the sale include:
-Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment
-Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebrith 1
-Tales of Heart R
-Mind Zero
-Monster Monpiece
-New Little Kings Story
-Soul Sacrifice
Aw man, I've already got all of these. Hopefully PS3/PS4 have something good.

RK128

Aw man, I've already got all of these. Hopefully PS3/PS4 have something good.

There should be some PS4 and PS3 games part of the flash sale, the thing is the icon is only accessible on the Vita PSN Store, not the web one. I will try the mobile site and see if anything pops up.

Kudo

To go back to this a little I have to agree with Prelude, for most cases I can't really enjoy the game if it's dub-only cause to my ear they're just bad and I'm more accustomed to japanese voices, voices play big part in games nowadays so it sometimes makes me mad/sad that they decide to leave original audio away.

Once read interesting chat about this elsewhere that maybe the preference is regional thing, series get dubbed in America for TV but in some/most European countries series air with subtitles thus the appreciation for foreign language is more of a thing here. I know no one who would want anything dubbed to their mother-language in Europe, but of course that is very limited view.

But yes, I do agree, there's no need to continue this discussion as no one will change their view on this EVER, it's a preference you grow up with and very hard to change it.

RK128

More sale prices went live, mainly the Sonic Birthday Sale.
-Sonic Unleashed - 7.99 / DLC Level Packs - 0.99 per level pack
-Sonic Generations - 11.99
-Sonic Adventure 1 - 1.99
-Sonic Adventure 2 - 3.99
-Sonic CD HD - 1.99
-Sonic 1/Sonic 2 - 1.99

wq6Mu7d.png

El Psy Kongroo

Dunno if anyone was interested, but oddly Vita seemed to be getting physical versions of XBlaze & Space Hulk in UK, thanks to FunBox Media (haven't seen any retailers stocking them though)

Anyway, both release dates have been pushed back recently. XBlaze is August 28th:

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/xblaze-code-embryo-psvita/

Space Hulk is September 25th:

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/space-hulk-psvita/

Space Hulk runs on Unity I think? So that might be the reason for the delay. No idea about XBlaze.

I'm tempted to get copies just because I've never heard of this company and I wonder if they're going to have limited print runs.

Dunno if anyone was interested, but oddly Vita seemed to be getting physical versions of XBlaze & Space Hulk in UK, thanks to FunBox Media (haven't seen any retailers stocking them though)

Anyway, both release dates have been pushed back recently. XBlaze is August 28th:

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/xblaze-code-embryo-psvita/

Space Hulk is September 25th:

http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/space-hulk-psvita/

Space Hulk runs on Unity I think? So that might be the reason for the delay. No idea about XBlaze.

I'm tempted to get copies just because I've never heard of this company and I wonder if they're going to have limited print runs.

You can also get XBlaze through rice, which I'd trust much more. You also get lewd art cards

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/xblaze-code-embryo-ps-vita
And good lord the Funbox Media logo is ugly

RK128

O_O

Welp, now I will be getting P4:DAN for sure now XD! The soundtrack of Persona 3 is my favorite compared to that and P4, so I would love to hear the remixes to Burn My Dread, Mass Destruction, Wiping All Out, The Battle for Everyone's Souls, and more :D! It had such a great soundtrack, so I would love for it to be revisited in future games.

And to be fair, the P3 cast is in far less 'spin-off's than the P4 cast (despite the fact that....the P3 cast had important roles in the Arena games and Persona Q), so I wouldn't mind them having a unique spin-off after Dancing All Night :).

Store's updating, but where's Shantae? :(

I've been looking for the past hour or so and it still didn't pop up yet :l. I guess its going to be a Wednesday tittle (like how Mega Man 8 and Tron Bonne was).

RK128

eh
As much as I love these games, I want them to move on from P3 and P4 already now

Even some DLC from P3 for DAN would be nice :). They don't have to make a brand new game, just make a DLC pack that has a character or two, some costumes and 5-7 tracks to dance to.

Edit: Wow, guess a lot of people want to move on from P3 and P4. I agree too despite wanting P4:DAN to get some P3 content in it. Persona 5 is a grand new start for the series and some new faces, music, settings and mechanics is what the series needs to be fresh again.

Hikami

Even some DLC from P3 for DAN would be nice :). They don't have to make a brand new game, just make a DLC pack that has a character or two, some costumes and 5-7 tracks to dance to.
Yeah but, knowing Atlus.. they'd want to make whole new story for the P3 characters hence the need for a new game

Top Bottom