• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky: RAW E3 FOOTAGE with no commentary (Dat Sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyunch

But what do you even blah blah blah!?

I can't wait till this game comes out. I'm going to try and 100% my starting planet.

Closest to metroid we'll ever get for now

Edit: What I mean by that is the exploration of giant planet and the feeling of isolation.

8pTSVjV.gif

Lingitiz

For making a big deal about this video being pure footage with sound, he had to ruin it with that big banner on the bottom lol. Still glad to have it though.

I get pretty hyped thinking there are even crazier planets the deeper you go.

I love the idea of the silence. The scale of finding a star in the universe, then the planet, then landing...it's like the closest we have to something tangible to the dreams about exploring space that we all have.

Super excited. I truly hope there are layers to the exploration/mining, because I just want to mine a planet and discover crazy things.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
In all honesty I'll have great fun in this just pottering around, as long as they have lots of cool stuff to discover I'm good :) I just love the whole thought of silently traversing and discovering a planet, it's why I love Far Cry 2 so much or say Red Dead Redemption or Witcher 3 or another example being the game FUEL. It's why I think sound design will be probably be the most important factor in this game.

It's also why I'm a bit worried as to the reaction it'll get on release. I just get the feeling a lot of people will find it dull, but I could be completely wrong about that.

Hearing those sounds on a night side of a planet seems like it'll be very eery. The sounds really paint a different picture of the atmosphere in the game, wonderful stuff. And man, that galaxy map theme.

65daysofstatic is nailing it with the minimalistic setting and their complementary soundtrack! Every tidbit of information is just adding to the hype! When will the sheer awesomeness of this game end?

This might actually be the last game that I buy in my lifetime (if what Murray says is true about the sheer quantity of things to do in this game is true).

The game to end all games = NMS.

Yaranaika

65daysofstatic is nailing it with the minimalistic setting and their complementary soundtrack! Every tidbit of information is just adding to the hype! When will the sheer awesomeness of this game end?

This might actually be the last game that I buy in my lifetime (if what Murray says is true about the sheer quantity of things to do in this game is true).

The game to end all games = NMS.
Forgot it was 65daysofstatic doing this. Definitely going to pick this up for PC.

rexor0717

This was the kind of video I've wanted to see of the game for a while. I've said it before, but I was already sold on this game a long time ago, but it keeps looking more and more appealing.

Great sounds great but man the draw distance of detail like rocks and Vegetation is really a bummer. You can see things just popping in. I hope they improve it because it's a big immersion killer.

Mivey

I don't get what you do in the game.
It's about figuring out how to figure that out. It's about developing your philosophical reasoning about the external reality around you by putting you in a virtual universe of your own making.

Or just a really awesome infinite toy box with great atmosphere. But not everyone can be as metaphysical and ontologically demanding as you man.

Great sounds great but man the draw distance of detail like rocks and Vegetation is really a bummer. You can see things just popping in. I hope they improve it because it's a big immersion killer.

Yeah, the creature draw distance is disorienting, literally about 10 feet away and they disappear(The small creatures atleast.)

Closest to metroid we'll ever get for now

How so? If anything, NMS seems to be the opposite of Metroid where it is sprawling, procedural, and unfocused while Metroid is a closed and crafted experience. Exploration of alien environments is a pretty broad umbrella for many different types of games to take on.

The footage is nice, though I'm still confused as to what you're doing other than mining/fighting/discovering. Is there crafting shown yet that uses the material resource you're collecting? I'm definitely interested in this game, but only once proper multiplayer is implemented as these types of games are just too large and empty, like Minecraft, for me to enjoy for long just as a wandering experience.

Draw distance is garbage. The game is technically impressive in a variety of different ways, but I do hope that's something that they improve on while making optimizations. .

Bsigg12

It'll be interesting to see how much better it is on the PC version. If you're able to really push it out, it'll definitely be the way to go.

My most anticipated game. I'm all-in. I get it, I want it, I know I'll love it.

That ambient music while drifting through space is incredible. Getting Cliff Martinez 'Traffic' score vibes all down my spine. That's a great thing.

I do think that some will grow tired of the animal sounds, as already said in this thread. That's a valid complaint I think. It would be wise for them to include a volume slider for creatures, music, sound effects, etc. Wouldn't hurt for them to have that in there.

Man this game really does seem like something totally different. I can't get over the animations of the wild life, and the number of them and the variety. I can't wait to see what crazy shit you can discover in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom