• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah, just ignore the fact that everyone else is having issues. But you aren't, so it's all good. No problems worth being upset over.

You're like that guy in the DS4 thread saying his joysticks aren't wearing down, so everyone else that is having an issue shouldn't be upset.

Think outside your own bubble for a second. It's not that hard.

Ph god this!

I've started waiting a week before i drop on new releases now, especially with how PC games (especially WB lately) have been getting farmed out to devs who just don't seem to care (MKX and Batman). It's kinda rude when someone just comes in and tries to act like there is no issue when the topic is filled with tons of people reeeeally mad about said issues. I hope everyone goes fpr refunds on stram, send a message to WB that this is unacceptabble

ZOONAMI

It's working OK for me, but I turned off GameWorks and such. I still get some hiccups and slowdown. And when I exit the game, my computer acts as though the game had stopped responding and had to quit.

My GeForce Experience can't optimize the game, which is funny since I have a fairly juiced computer. :-(

My GeForce Experience stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. Encounters and error and needs to close every time I launch it. Nvidia can't even optimize it's own optimizer. Seems to be a pretty widespread problem too.

IG can't even keep their own website / blog up to date. Last updates are from 2012/13. Oh and the website is based on flash lol. If I where looking for a dev studio, this alone would be a big red flag. I mean how hard is this?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do you know that a GOTY edition is just the game packaged with DLC, right?

In case of this release, the only difference will be a GOTY entry in your Steam library, it's not that they re-work the game to do a GOTY, it's not a remaster.

then something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut that will be our only hope if the patch for this don't fix the game.

Vitor711

Images shamelessly stolen from a comment on the Eurogamer thread:

So, you guys want to see something funny? The PC version isn't just missing effects like AO - certain textures and models are entirely absent:

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

Axial

AndyBNV was awfully quiet about this title before release, even though it's a Gameworks supported title. Also worth mentioning that NVIDIA's pre-release videos showcasing their tech were recorded at 60 fps and had proper AO, so what the hell went wrong? Did NVIDIA knew beforehand how much of a stinker the PC port is going to be?

When is this first patch set to hit? Or do we still not know?

Honestly, I might just trudge through the game and then return it anyway. I don't feel like spoiler-dodging for another week.

Human_me

My GeForce Experience can't optimize the game, which is funny since I have a fairly juiced computer. :-(

Heh, my GeForce experience says I can only run the game on everything on low and off @ 1920x1080.

I have a 970. Judging by the state of this port, I suppose they aren't wrong.

So, you guys want to see something funny? The PC version isn't just missing effects like AO - certain textures and models are entirely absent:

This keeps getting worse and worse.
They even cut out a tree?!

Patch 1.01 notes:
  • Removed Nvidia branding from start splash screens
  • Removed Nvidia branding from Options menu

Unprecedented Partnership.

were the first two games proted by rocksteady for also outsourced?

AC and AA games were done by Rocksteady, steamworks integration done by IG. Performance was ok, DX11 was massively broken and caused the game's frame rate to spike, never fixed.

AO was in some part coded by IG, DX11 features were much better, performance just as good if not better than AC.

This pretty much plays off as a management problem at any rate. Xander's post is correct, it's all speculation at this point other than WB ok'd this to be released.

Gbraga

AndyBNV was awfully quiet about this title before release, even though it's a Gameworks supported title. Also worth mentioning that NVIDIA's pre-release videos showcasing their tech were recorded at 60 fps and had proper AO, so what the hell went wrong? Did NVIDIA knew beforehand how much of a stinker the PC port is going to be?

This is very upsetting, actually. Most people agree that Nvidia has nothing to do with this port being bad, so he would be appreciated posting here, not attacked.

Hugstable

Banned

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

That tree is too powerful man, shit would've brought my FPS down to like 40

jett

D-Member

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

This port will never be up to par with consoles. Mark my words.

low-G

To think I actually was considering building a new PC with GTX970 and receiving this game free (still thinking about the new PC but that would have been a minor disaster).

Tovarisc

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

Umm... I'm lost for words here. It's clear now, PS4 is superior platform for rendering graphically complex scenes!

indie24

Seeing all the missing textures etc I will now not play this game until it gets sorted. I will be missing out on quiet a few things if I continue in it's current state so best if I not ruin my expectations. Only played 20 mins so will back off now rather that playing several hours and they it gets patched.

Kinthalis

Banned

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

Man, this is just... I just.. what is going on.

It's like I went to sleep last night, where everything was right in the world, and now I'm stuck in some fucking bizarro world nightmare where the consoles have the better version of games, and pigs and monkeys fly.

Someone pinch me already! I'm ready to wake up!

Grow up. You're part of the problem for supporting shitty publishers fucking you over.

Grow up? I'm acting childish? For not wanting to be insulted? This performance shenanigans is shitty I agree but being a console player up until this year has given me a "whatever" kind of attitude and it would be dishonest to say I'm not enjoying this game because of performance issues that don't bother me as much as others again I don't think this isn't shitty but it doesn't bother me enough to warrant wasting money by "boycotting" or whatever.

Human_me

I do wonder whether the PC port is an earlier build of the game.
Because things like tree's, water effects and textures being cut are too odd for them to intentionally remove.
Especially as things like a tree or texture, That would not effect performance at all.

I wonder if Iron Galaxy got an old build and then never got or updated it to a newer build.
Man I hope they don't end up leaving it like this.

EDIT:
the missing models and textures makes it look like the pc port was branched off an older version of the game

Ahh just got beaten.
But yeah this does seem like a likely option.

buttman nana, nana, nana buttman....

What are you doing?

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

Un-fucking-believable.

Seriously, there is no fucking way they get this game to where it should be. Fixing performance and adding in all the missing stuff isn't going to be a quick thing, and WB made it clear last time that they'd rather work on DLC than fix a game long-term.

Ce-Lin

could be assets are not being streamed in time or finding any memory, I guess the game not only has a broken streaming engine but also huge memory leak and management issues.

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

It's Sony's revenge for the "no grass" spectacle on the PS3.

Now we pc gamers get "no flowers."

Vitor711

I do wonder whether the PC port is an earlier build of the game.
Because things like tree's, water effects and textures being cut are too odd for them to intentionally remove.
Especially as things like a tree or texture, That would not effect performance at all.

I wonder if Iron Galaxy got an old build and then never got or updated it to a newer build.
Man I hope they don't end up leaving it like this.

Like, previous Batman games on PC had a weird launch, but they were usually *mostly* fine after a month or so. I'd be pretty fucking devastated if that wasn't the case here. I mean, this game helped seal the deal on my getting a 980 - that and The Witcher made me feel like I was saving money buying that card when I did.

pahamrick

RE: Andy from NV, I saw posted somewhere else that he had been really busy with stuff for E3 and the guide wouldn't even appear until several days after launch (since he does the guides mostly by himself). This was before the game even launched.

I wouldn't look into his absence as anything other than he has responsibilities related to his job (and a life).

Kinthalis

Banned
Grow up? I'm acting childish? For not wanting to be insulted? This performance shenanigans is shitty I agree but being a console player up until this year has given me a "whatever" kind of attitude and it would be dishonest to say I'm not enjoying this game because of performance issues that don't bother me as much as others again I don't think this isn't shitty but it doesn't bother me enough to warrant wasting money by "boycotting" or whatever.

Yeah I don't see why people get angry at this.

I think in most PC gamer's estimation, this is a bad port.

However, if this game would have been released like this on PS4, would any significant share of PS4 gaf give a shit?

When locked at 30 FPS, outside from batmobile enduced frame rate drops, the game runs pretty well. Hell, PS4 GAF has downplayed things like AO and better shaders on PC version of games since the gen started! Of course now, AO and better shaders are the best thing ever since sliced bread, who would have thunk it.

But whatever, if he's enjoying the game as is, and if PS4 gamers can enjoy lower quality graphics as routine anyway, why the hell would we get angry about that? Not having the options we want on PC is something to get angry at WB about, not PC gamers having fun with the game as is.

Which includes me, BTW. I'm avoiding the BAtmobile sections, as eveyrhting else is playing more or less fine. Extremely disappointed in the dumbing down of the port, they need to fix this, etc, but I'm still enjoying the game for the time being.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What are you doing?

Un-fucking-believable.

Seriously, there is no fucking way they get this game to where it should be. Fixing performance and adding in all the missing stuff isn't going to be a quick thing, and WB made it clear last time that they'd rather work on DLC than fix a game long-term.

well.. the DLCs are with Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy will most likely be the one trying to fix the PC port. there is still a chance to save this.. I hope

Hugstable

Banned
Like, previous Batman games on PC had a weird launch, but they were usually *mostly* fine after a month or so. I'd be pretty fucking devastated if that wasn't the case here. I mean, this game helped seal the deal on my getting a 980 - that and The Witcher made me feel like I was saving money buying that card when I did.

I don't remember how Asylum was when it launched on PC, but I got City on launch day and it was fine from the get go ( if I remember correctly, it's been awhile lol :0)

I don't know, the mass refunds might backfire if some ill informed WB execs see it and are like FUCK THESE GUYS and decide not to improve future ports.

Kinthalis

Banned

The only real issue SPECIFIC to PC (Because Origins had game progression bugs, like doors that didn't open - but these issues were on all platforms) in previous games was AC's DX11 renderer performing like ass.

The DX9 renderer only lacked tessellation though, and ran flawlessly. DX11 worked a lot better, as you mentioned, a month later.

Top Bottom