• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

I guess the red zones on the minimap are the restricted areas? That's handy.

MGSV spoiled me, I don't want to see the map on the HUD. I want to take out my phone (like the iDroid) and then look at the map...

Honestly, having to pull up the map every other minute in Blood Money just to see where the target was could get pretty tiresome. I'd much rather have it like this.

rUZFS8w.gif

I gotta say though, what is up with that giant white/gray bar in the middle of the screen. Incredibily distracting.

Briefcase? Check
Large open area with a lot of NPCs? Check
Wearing a disguise without a super sensitive suspicion meter on screen? Check

That's the Hitman I remember

I gotta say though, what is up with that giant white/gray bar in the middle of the screen. Incredibily distracting.
Comment in the other forum said it's probably some kind of individual ID so IO would know who leaked stuff if it happened. That's why it's blurred out

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

It's late and don't know if you're being serious but the clips are from a closed alpha so it's probably a load of identifying information that someone blurred out. not something I've done.

Briefcase? Check
Large open area with a lot of NPCs? Check
Wearing a disguise without a super sensitive suspicion meter on screen? Check

That's the Hitman I remember

Comment in the other forum said it's probably some kind of individual ID so IO would know who leaked stuff if it happened. That's why it's blurred out
That makes sense!

It's late and don't know if you're being serious but the clips are from a closed alpha so it's probably a load of identifying information that someone blurred out

How the hell was I supposed to know that? lol

I thought for a second it was a placeholder for a hud feature where you could perceive how NPC's sees you when disguised. I wasn't blaming you

edit: yeah I see you edited your message.

Coflash

It's certainly nothing to get excited over yet.

Until they demonstrate an entire level from the view of how you will actually be playing it, I won't assume it's much different from Absolution. Especially since 47 is keeping the minimap + all his superhuman powers that never existed before the previous games.

With the open letter, the emails with surveys, and the way they're answering questions - it's clear they know they have to do better this time, but it still remains to be seen.

To say I was disappointed with Absolution would be the biggest understatement of all time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
For me, it's certainly something to be excited about. With Absolution, it was incredibly obvious that it wasn't a true Hitman game, this time, it's much harder to say it isn't. Fans have already played the game and have said it feels like an evolution to Blood Money, and previews have not mentioned anything to get worried about.

Some more clips

Stealth
https://i.4cdn.org/v/1435969038127.webm

Using a crowbar
http://webmshare.com/play/dX9xw

It's certainly nothing to get excited over yet.

Until they demonstrate an entire level from the view of how you will actually be playing it, I won't assume it's much different from Absolution. Especially since 47 is keeping the minimap + all his superhuman powers that never existed before the previous games.

With the open letter, the emails with surveys, and the way they're answering questions - it's clear they know they have to do better this time, but it still remains to be seen.

To say I was disappointed with Absolution would be the biggest understatement of all time.
Video of the map. Level is huge
https://i.4cdn.org/v/1435971028161.webm

Considering that people already have played the game and said it feels like Blood Money and there are tons of ways to approach the target, how does a minimap and a downgraded instinct vision mean the game will be similar to Absolution?

I think he has a right to be skeptical. Absolution was quite ass.

However, just like I'm approaching Halo 5 as a new game, I'm treating Hitman as a new game too. And from all the press interviews, the gameplay demonstrations, the Hitman fans hands-on who are smart enough to notice and write about the various mechanics and systems...it certainly sounds like that modern Hitman Blood Money game people have been itching for almost a decade now.

Of course we could be wrong, only time will tell, but I have enough reason to be optimistic about the product at this time.

Interfectum

I'm not gonna say much besides the game is blood money with absolution graphics and controls. Believe the hype hitman fans.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Another small gameplay clip.

http://webmshare.com/play/eXOJa

MGSV spoiled me, I don't want to see the map on the HUD. I want to take out my phone (like the iDroid) and then look at the map...

Stop the fucking hand holding already developers, big ass map on the UI is just immersion breaking.

Hitman is usually good for having a lot of options and tweaks, so I hope they do the same here.

Coflash

Considering that people already have played the game and said it feels like Blood Money and there are tons of ways to approach the target, how does a minimap and a downgraded instinct vision mean the game will be similar to Absolution?

Who are these people? Are their opinions more credible than an experience and what you can see? Some people (delusional ones) said Absolution felt like Blood Money too. Keeping in any sort of instinct vision and a minimap already goes against the first 4 games, those that defined the essence of Hitman (before it was being pandered to the masses), so why you think those things in any way should make me think otherwise is a mystery.

They're the ones coming to us with hat in hand telling us how much better it will be after gimping Hitman to begin with. The onus is on them to prove that it's a better Hitman game, and so far we have no real tangible evidence that it's going to be any better. All I'm saying is; let's not get too far ahead of ourselves proclaiming that it's like anything until we see proper demonstrations, like the ones we saw for Absolution.

These short videos that keep getting released, do you think it'd be that hard for me to muster up similar ~5 second clips in Absolution and point out that it's "like Blood Money"?

Like I said;

Until they demonstrate an entire level from the view of how you will actually be playing it, I won't assume it's much different from Absolution.

I'm not gonna say much besides the game is blood money with absolution graphics and controls. Believe the hype hitman fans.
Hype intensifying

I preordered last week, so I'm already sold on this. But it's great to hear more people saying that this is like Blood Money with the best parts of Absolution

Walpurgis

Banned
Their early access model concerns me a lot but after their open letter, I have a little hope that they won't screw it up or that would just be embarrassing. Absolution was my first Hitman game and I tried to play it on the highest difficulty without instinct mode (like I do with almost all stealth games) and it was utterly broken. I would have guards spotting me from across the map. It seemed that the game was designed around instinct mode and other features that are meant to make the game easier. I was glad that I didn't directly pay for the game because I couldn't stomach much more of it. Could enemies spot Agent 47 in a crowd across the map in other Hitman games?
Are you in a position to know anything or are you just speculating?

Their early access model concerns me a lot but after their open letter, I have a little hope that they won't screw it up or that would just be embarrassing. Absolution was my first Hitman game and I tried to play it on the highest difficulty without instinct mode (like I do with almost all stealth games) and it was utterly broken. I would have guards spotting me from across the map. It seemed that the game was designed around instinct mode and other features that are meant to make the game easier. Could enemies spot Agent 47 in a crowd across the map in other Hitman games?

Are you in a position to know anything or are you just speculating?
Have you played Blood Money? Absolution is an okay stealth game, but a shitty Hitman game. It shouldnt be anyone's introduction to Hitman

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Papercuts whats this I hear about you being a big fan of Absolution :kappa:

I still did like it but it does a better job as a splinter cell than a hitman, as the disguise mechanics really messed that up. and it got me my gaf title so ayyyy

But the best moments of the series for me are things like walking around to tunes like this with your sniper rifle case in tow, finding a solid spot to unpack and put it together, wipe the target out and take it back apart, strolling out with no one the wiser.

Blood Money is so fucking good so I might actually cry a lil' bit if they pull this off.

Walpurgis

Banned
Have you played Blood Money? Absolution is an okay stealth game, but a shitty Hitman game. It shouldnt be anyone's introduction to Hitman
I rented it when I was a kid but didn't get far past the "What you looking at cracker?" part because I kept dying. :p I think I eventually had it figured out and started killing people with wires and stuff but I had to return the game. :(
Not speculating. :)
That's good to hear. I'll be watching this closely then. Looking forward to playing the beta actually.

I still did like it but it does a better job as a splinter cell than a hitman, as the disguise mechanics really messed that up. and it got me my gaf title so ayyyy

But the best moments of the series for me are things like walking around to tunes like this with your sniper rifle case in tow, finding a solid spot to unpack and put it together, wipe the target out and take it back apart, strolling out with no one the wiser.

Blood Money is so fucking good so I might actually cry a lil' bit if they pull this off.

They really need to bring Jesper Kyd back goddamnit

this is what i wanted to hear and judging from those small gameplay clips with the huge map and functional disguise system, it may be true

These clips

These deets

Is this really happening. Are we finally getting a Blood Money sequel?

This is the gen of impossible things.

#SomebodyCallJesperKyd

Got into the Alpha too, which surprised me. Usually I never get into closed Alphas or Betas. Got a timeslot that's opened for ~3 days and a big ass code in the middle of my screen. Pretty sure its purpose is to track leaked material and after a while I got used to it.

And yeah, first impressions are positive so far. AI is way more "forgiving" and can't see through your disguise from miles away. And if they get suspicious, they just follow you and ask who the hell you are instead of starting to shoot at you immediately like it was in Absolution. That's a biiiiiig plus for me.

Level is indeed huge. First time I got into the basement I was amazed by its dimensions. Makes me wonder what other missions could be like in the finished game and personally I hope for some djungle missions like the ones Hitman 1: Codename 47 had. That would make me so happy.

I didn't play the Alpha for that long yet. Unfortunately it's super hot in Germany at the moment and I don't spend much time in front of my PC playing games because that'd just heat up my room even more. Hopefully I can play the game in the evening again without feeling like a human snail covered in my own sweat. And hopefully I can get closer to my targets then because so far I spent 35 minutes just to get a better overview of the level.

I actually really enjoyed Absolution - OK, it was no Blood Money, and that was a great disappointment, but it looked absolutely amazing, the controls were brilliant, and it was a lot of fun played on the lower difficulties. I went back to unlock all of the stamp thingys for each level and was surprised by just how much stuff I'd missed, and how many different and varied approaches there were on some of the levels. If they can marry the technical and gameplay achievements of Absolution with the proper freeform nature of Blood Money, then we're in for a pretty special game.

These clips

These deets

Is this really happening. Are we finally getting a Blood Money sequel?

This is the gen of impossible things.

#SomebodyCallJesperKyd

In a recent interview, he seemed to say he wasn't currently involved, but there's always time...

Edit: Here's the interview: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...sper-kyd-creative-process-favorite-soundtrack

You’ve composed critically-acclaimed soundtracks for the Hitman series, right up until Hitman: Blood Money. After skipping Hitman: Absolution, are there any plans for you to return to the series in the next Hitman title? If not, would you have any interest in providing the score for a game in that series again?

I don’t think so, though you never know in this business! It’s a different team over at IO now. Most of my friends who started IO Interactive and created the Hitman series (and Freedom Fighters) left IO and started another company, RetoMoto, so we’re working together on Heroes & Generals.

Got into the Alpha too, which surprised me. Usually I never get into closed Alphas or Betas. Got a timeslot that's opened for ~3 days and a big ass code in the middle of my screen. Pretty sure its purpose is to track leaked material and after a while I got used to it.

And yeah, first impressions are positive so far. AI is way more "forgiving" and can't see through your disguise from miles away. And if they get suspicious, they just follow you and ask who the hell you are instead of starting to shoot at you immediately like it was in Absolution. That's a biiiiiig plus for me.

Level is indeed huge. First time I got into the basement I was amazed by its dimensions. Makes me wonder what other missions could be like in the finished game and personally I hope for some djungle missions like the ones Hitman 1: Codename 47 had. That would make me so happy.

I didn't play the Alpha for that long yet. Unfortunately it's super hot in Germany at the moment and I don't spend much time in front of my PC playing games because that'd just heat up my room even more. Hopefully I can play the game in the evening again without feeling like a human snail covered in my own sweat. And hopefully I can get closer to my targets then because so far I spent 35 minutes just to get a better overview of the level.
You lucky S.O.B. :D
Keep giving us deets on how you like it later on when you've put more time in it!

Some more clips

Stealth

Using a crowbar

I hope they lose the mini map, not really feeling that, but I'm loving everything I'm seeing.

No more instinct, walking around freely in a disguise, the huge size of the levels, no stupid mini games to unlock doors or gates.

It's shaping up nicely, just make the mini map optional.

Metal-Geo

I hope they lose the mini map, not really feeling that, but I'm loving everything I'm seeing.

No more instinct, walking around freely in a disguise, the huge size of the levels, no stupid mini games to unlock doors or gates.

It's shaping up nicely, just make the mini map optional.
I'm sure you'll lose more hints and UI elementa with every increase of the difficulty level.

35 minutes just exploring and getting an overview of the level

That's just the kind of stuff I want to hear

I'm sure you'll lose more hints and UI elementa with every increase of the difficulty level.

Fingers crossed. I guess I'll get used to it if it's a permanent feature, but removing it on the higher difficulties would be a greatly appreciated option.

I'm pretty sure Instinct is still in, but remade to only highlight enemies(?) and something else I don't remember.

Hopefully the game isn't designed around its use like in Absolution. I don't necessarily mind if they have features like a mini map or instinct highlighting enemies on the lower difficulties, but they have to ensure it's not at the core of gameplay design.

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP. That's music to my ears.

I'd love to hear your feedback on menu options, what can be turned on/off and how integrated instinct is into the game.

Jb

Some more clips

Stealth

Using a crowbar

Oh man, that first webm gave me a pretty good stiffy :D

Fingers crossed. I guess I'll get used to it if it's a permanent feature, but removing it on the higher difficulties would be a greatly appreciated option.

Hopefully the game isn't designed around its use like in Absolution. I don't necessarily mind if they have features like a mini map or instinct highlighting enemies on the lower difficulties, but they have to ensure it's not at the core of gameplay design.
If I recall, it doesn't slow time, doesn't show enemy paths, and only highlights targets and certain things in the environment now.

If I recall, it doesn't slow time, doesn't show enemy paths, and only highlights targets and certain things in the environment now.

Yup, early impressions make it sounds more like a Batman-esque detective vision.

That's good enough for me. Easily ignored and seemingly won't have too big an impact on the game.

This continues to shape up really nicely. Now we just need lots more alpha impressions.

Foffy

Banned
My dreams sound like they're coming true. Not a fan of the map on the screen because I like learning about the level by itself, but I imagine that can be turned off.

Top Bottom