• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

OMG Aero

what's this

break_fig_01.jpg
The long awaited return of thunder as armour.

Hedge

I lost my 3DS and all of my shinies from XY. ;_;

Wasn't there at one point a GAF thread for people who needed specific pokemon in their X/Y friend safari? Or did that die out with the release of Sapphire/Ruby. I need to get a shiny Eevee and shiny Phantump again. D:

Wasn't there at one point a GAF thread for people who needed specific pokemon in their X/Y friend safari? Or did that die out with the release of Sapphire/Ruby. I need to get a shiny Eevee and shiny Phantump again. D:
That fuckin sucks, how/where did you lose it?

That thread died very quickly, well before the release of ORAS.

Did you put your shinies on the Bank by any chance? If you did then it's been proven that you can call Nintendo, get your NNID transferred to your replacement system, and access all the mons you had on the bank. If not then, well... :(

I may or may not be living next to not one, but two Gamestops during the Hoopa event =D, it'll be nice not feeling like a leech because I have to have others get me event Pokemon!

EDIT: Oh wow, so if the event is the same as the Japanese one I can get 4 Hoopa! Ah, standing awkwardly in a Gamestop grabbing Pokemon.

JoeM86

I may or may not be living next to not one, but two Gamestops during the Hoopa event =D, it'll be nice not feeling like a leech because I have to have others get me event Pokemon!

EDIT: Oh wow, so if the event is the same as the Japanese one I can get 4 Hoopa! Ah, standing awkwardly in a Gamestop grabbing Pokemon.

Have I missed something??

Hatchtag

Banned
There's always the possibility that it is Yet Another 3rd Game Form™, so maybe it's nothing. Or maybe it's everything~

A new third game form is still thread worthy :p.

My guess: Get the ball rolling early on Gen 7 promotion. Other sillouette is Zygrade's new form for Z/X2/Y2/XZ/YZ in February 2016.

JoeM86

Seems like too big of a marketing push for a part of a Zygrade form. It's own Zygrade form, maybe, but not part of one.

Yeah. It's hard to determine what's going on. I worded my update very carefully, but may have inadvertently made a clickbait tweet in all the hype haha

lupinko

I just got out of the theatre.

Impressions: movie was actually good, way better than the garbage Diancie movie, this had kaiju film written all over it.

フーパ強い!

びっくりした?^_^

- PokeDubai is dope
- Hoopa Unbounded was like Shazzang http://youtu.be/kdSz3rjgxOM
- Hoopa is why PokeDubai is baller
- Hoopa gives no fucks and beats up Pokemon like dragonite
- Hoopa owns Groudon and Kyogre and pranced them around to its amusement
- Hoopa fights, wins easily and catches Regigigas, Reshiram, Zekrom
- The sage dude Mary's grandfather binds Hoopa's power in the bottle
- Hoopa learns how not to be an asshole growing up with the sage's family
- Mary's brother finds the sealed bottle but Hoopa's shadow (I prefer evil essence) possesses him
- Hoopa trolls the poke friends, steals their donuts and they're really donuts!
- Mary and her brother restore Hoopa with the lamp and shit happens but they seal away Hoopas essence again, their talismans is the arceus cross, poke religion again!
- just touching the bottle possesses anyone so Clemont just aimpom arms it with his gadget
- team rocket steals bottle, Meowth possessed, Hoopa gonna Hoopa
- But poke friends and poke abrahamic pals separate Hoopa but the bottle is shattered and the evil essence takes its own form
- Hoopa cannot travel through its own rings due to a seal
- Hoopa Shadow wants to bond with Hoopa and chases after Pokefriends
- Hoopa summons Lugia to fight Hoopa Shadow
- Lugia actually gives Hoopa Shadow problems until Lugia gets ringed out
- Pokefriends go with an abducted Hippowdon's earlier form I forget the name, Ash's Frogdiear goes with them to make a new bottle
- Ash and Pikachu stayed with Hoopa
- after Lugia got sent away Hoopa S summons Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Kyurem, Primals Groudon and Kyogre
- Hoopa summons Rayzilla, Lati@s
- Lati@s fly Ash and friends away
- the trio Mega Evolve
- Mega Rayzilla fights 7 Legendaries, Yes you read that right, Hoopa S randomly gene spliced Kyurem into either W or B
- eventually Mega Rayray flinches but Pokefriends complete the new bottle and reseal Hoopa S, the team of evil Legendaries no longer have mind control, but the evil essence is too much and the Arceus tower thingy starts to get devoured
- Hoopa evacuates everyone trapped
- still can't leave, but Pokefriends help Hoopa break the seal since Hoopa is not a douche, they got enough time before they got engulfed because Arceus decided to have a let there be light moment
- the Pikachu movie were just Pokemon trying to be Kanye
I don't regret buying another ticket now but since the movie is actually good I don't think I could just spend the entire time farming Hoopas.

Yeah I saw the after credits just hype for next year.

JoeM86

I just got out of the theatre.

Impressions: movie was actually good, way better than the garbage Diancie movie, this had kaiju film written all over it.

Yeah, I've been thinking that it's essentially a Kaiju movie for a while, and with the large whateveritis in the next one, I think they're continuing the kaiju idea.

Hmm, maybe Gen VII will start in Spring 2017 so they decided to throw a Gen VII Pokemon into the 2016 movie since it will be the last movie before that Gen starts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah been hearing positive stuff in the new movie, can't wait for subs (because the dub already sounds terrible).

They're really pushing the abrahamic names lol So we got Mary, dude is Peter, and in the OVA their friends are Jacob, Luke, and some other guy. And they're wearing crosses!

wait wait wait

Arceus
doesn't appear in the movie?

EDIT: nvm didn't read the ending lol

So the hype for the new Pokemon stuff got me to finally get around to continuing my living dex, yesterday I finished the Kanto dex and I'm just about to finish the Johto dex(The first "Johto" page is only posted here because Mew is on it).

0X6ix6Xm.jpg

wIk85xSm.jpg

vcWcwPgm.jpg

Qs1Cwrbm.jpg

AKrVPM0m.jpg

gwo1toGm.jpg

Hmm, maybe Gen VII will start in Spring 2017 so they decided to throw a Gen VII Pokemon into the 2016 movie since it will be the last movie before that Gen starts.
Well, even if there was more than a year between the next movie and Gen VII, it wouldn't be the first time they teased a new gen that early. Gen II was teased right from the early days of the anime, the first Gen III Pokemon was featured in the Pikachu short attached to the Celebi movie in 2001, and Munchlax was in the Deoxys movie nearly two and a half years before DP came out (DP was admittedly delayed by a year, but it still would have been a year and a half early). Gens V and VI are the outliers in terms of not being teased years in advance.

Top Bottom