• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraizen

Banned
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the attacks I need to dodge are the dash grabs & dash body slams, and forward rolling doesn't seem to work against them.
Still I'm getting better and am able to dodge both those attacks pretty well, but mistimed parries and the geyser ground pounds are still extremely troublesome. Best I got him down to was 4% before getting wrecked.

It works against them, the timing might just be awkward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that Valve employee game counts go up now. That must have changed back when sub 61 went from "Steam Master" to a Valve publisher sub.

I am on GAF since the end 2011, and I have been lurking without any account during since maybe September 2011. Nabs and Stallion were the registry for me.

Yeah, I'm just making the point that registry snooping sites did exist at the time*, albeit very much under the radar, and that's how they got their info.

* I was supposed to say "since at least early 2012" as Archive.org's crawler can be a bit slow at picking up new sites -- e.g. after a bit of Googling, I found a mention of CDR DB dated October 2011 whereas Archive.org didn't begin archiving the site for another ~four months.

Vamphuntr

Can't speak for KOTOR 2 since it works just fine for me, but for Dark Souls I had to set the FPS limit in DSfix.ini to 65 or thereabouts, for whatever reason.

But I've had that issue since Windows 8.

That worked. Thanks. I wonder why it does though haha

Works for me, no changes in KOTOR II settings. What kind of card are you using?

Arkham Knight performance/optimization better not be the future.

GTX 970. Solved the KOTOR problem by removing the logo/splash screens.

zkylon

zkylewd
New feature is good.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to get a ton of use out of this one.

can't u make it match lowest price?

1c less is actually like 10% of what most cards go for

also

The later. After talking with a few folks I know at Valve (and a few that have since left) it seems that they ultimately don't care. Further evidenced by the fact that the Inventory Helper extension now has a more active userbase than Enhanced Steam does.

Also - I've decided that I'm completely giving up on the idea of working at Valve. So while I would have been more cautious in the past to stay in their good graces, I've decided that I really could care less about that. Valve just wouldn't be a good fit for me, so I'm just moving on to doing my own thing and not letting that hold me back from making Enhanced Steam as good as it can be.
rebel jshackles is good

go work for riot!

Khronico

so9GP6L.png

h-hi steam-chan
i like your hair clip
okay bye

Yessss new avatar material

Looks neat, I grabbed a code. SteamGAF should get a server going.

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

Loving it so far. They nailed satisfying gun and swordplay. Nailed it so darn good.
Definitely having more fun with it than Shadow Warrior for now.

Space Marine is a fantastic game. Shame about the ending boss fight but other than that it's super good. Slicing dudes up with the chainsword is the best.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
can't u make it match lowest price?

1c less is actually like 10% of what most cards go for

Yeah, it'll look like this in the settings:

jujiDfx.png

You'll be able to set that to whatever you want. If you wanted to match the lowest price you could change it to "0.00" or if you wanted it to be more than the current you could even change it into a positive number like "0.02" (2 cents over current lowest price)

rebel jshackles is good

go work for riot!
I'd love to, although I'm actually kinda happy with my current gig. If something opens up for me in the future, so be it but if not I'm comfortable with my work and living arrangement for now.

Read between the lines! He's going to get a job at MS and help relaunch GFWL.

giphy.gif

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

Loving it so far. They nailed satisfying gun and swordplay. Nailed it so darn good.

this is one of the games I have on my wishlist as a "$5 and I would jump on it" game...seems like my only chance for that is from other stores since I think the lowest it's been on Steam was like $7.50

I did try to get it through a giveaway in one of these Steam threads a while back but someone else got it

this is one of the games I have on my wishlist as a "$5 and I would jump on it" game...seems like my only chance for that is from other stores since I think the lowest it's been on Steam was like $7.50

I did try to get it through a giveaway in one of these Steam threads a while back but someone else got it

It's totally worth $7.50.
Shame you missed out on the Warhammer Humble Bundle...

my computer just randomly crashed while i was playing the witcher 3, got a blue screen and it said something about a watchdog error :|

ubisoft in your windows, wreckin' your witcher.

Grief.exe

I believe it was in the recent Warhammer bundle, it had been in my wishlist for the same reason as yours. At that price, I just had to pick it up.

Sarcasm

Tried the Akibas Trip demo.

Controls immediately put me off. Exited so fast.

Be nice that you don't need to restart for the game to recognize the controller.

zkylon

zkylewd
Read between the lines! He's going to get a job at MS and help relaunch GFWL.
he's actually gonna work on enhanced kinect

Yeah, it'll look like this in the settings:

jujiDfx.png

You'll be able to set that to whatever you want. If you wanted to match the lowest price you could change it to "0.00" or if you wanted it to be more than the current you could even change it into a positive number like "0.02" (2 cents over current lowest price)
cool, i'm too poor to be giving away cents lol

also u should add a random option, just to fuck with the economy

lol

I'd love to, although I'm actually kinda happy with my current gig. If something opens up for me in the future, so be it but if not I'm comfortable with my work and living arrangement for now.
i'm just saying, riot makes games that aren't on steam, which makes them enemies

what better way to get revenge on valve for taking u for granted than working for the enemy

Then you list it normally, lazy zykylon.
shush

Edit: JShackles already thought of that. Is there anything this man can't do?
fixing the damn profile blue background thing!

I believe it was in the recent Warhammer bundle, it had been in my wishlist for the same reason as yours. At that price, I just had to pick it up.

That's a game, if you haven't played it, that I personally feel lives up the to "hidden gem" hype or whatever you'd like to call it. :3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol look at the warez site url in the corner of the image

lol wow I wonder what the hell happened there.

Also - I just bought a (somewhat ghetto) 2560x1440 monitor. It's Dr. Dogg's fault, really.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lol wow I wonder what the hell happened there.

straight up the guy bought the rights to the game for $1,500. all of his promotion for it so far has been other people's youtube footage. he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. good for him for figuring out the rights owner was willing to let it go so cheaply, but talk about a fish out of water.

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

yeah...I missed that bundle

Test your chances!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-2FDBEE1E09FC6D96 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 10 entrants total.

t1439272038z1.png

Backlogger

I love playing ranked matches in Rocket League, except when I get a string of 1v1s because I probably only win those 20% of the time. I'm just not a great ball handler most of the time.

If you don't own this game then you are doing it wrong.

Also - I just bought a (somewhat ghetto) 2560x1440 monitor. It's Dr. Dogg's fault, really.

The Acer deal from Newegg? It's not too bad. Its either on par with or probably better than the old Monoprice 1440p panel I have.

Edit: Or did you get the Adorama deal. Holy crap thats cheap: http://slickdeals.net/f/7970965-27-...fter-50-rebate-free-s-amp-h?src=featured-2033

Edit: Nvm, thats only 1080p

jshackles

The Acer deal from Newegg? It's not too bad. Its either on par with or probably better than the old Monoprice 1440p panel I have.

Yep, the Acer deal. Most of what I read was like "this isn't that great for gaming" with a 40ms input lag and lack of 120hz refresh or G/Free-Sync. But since my main monitor got busted I'm tired of doing everything on this "tiny" 21-inch screen. Also pretty damn cheap for a 1440p display.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D283DAA46E2233D4 - Taken by fuzzy123
Not Burstfire, said Noah Phoenix

Yep, the Acer deal. Most of what I read was like "this isn't that great for gaming" with a 40ms input lag and lack of 120hz refresh or G/Free-Sync. But since my main monitor got busted I'm tired of doing everything on this "tiny" 21-inch screen. Also pretty damn cheap for a 1440p display.

I got an Acer monitor (1080p though) through Newegg last year once I finally got this PC...isn't some "greatest monitor ever" but it fit my budget and does exactly what I need it for

jshackles

I got an Acer monitor (1080p though) last year once I finally got this PC...isn't some "greatest monitor ever" but it fit my budget and does exactly what I need it for

I've had almost 0 issues with Acer monitors - in fact my smaller screen I'm using now is an Acer that's been rocking along for about 3 years now with no issues. It's almost exclusively what we use at work because they're cheap enough to simply replace if something goes wrong (which it never really does). I'm sure it'll be great and fit my needs, especially with my current graphics card setup (Radeon HD7850) not being able to push most games at 1440p.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Why bring the worst one?
=(

Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons:

• Episode 1: Marooned on Mars (Dec. 14th 1990)
  • Episode 2: The Earth Explodes (1991)
  • Episode 3: Keen Must Die! (1991)

Commander Keen in Goodbye Galaxy!:

• Episode 4: Secret of the Oracle (1991)
  • Episode 5: The Armageddon Machine (1991)

The most bug free and working part of Burstfire is the crash report sender, it worked all 3 times I had to use it in the 22 minutes I played of the game. The shootings pretty good though and it has some potential to be a good multiplayer game but it's a mess at the moment.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Actually, the Steam page also says "Hard Disk Publishing" as the developer while it should be SoftDisk Publishing.

Hard Disk Publishing is the guy publishing it on Steam. He's listed as developer I guess because he bought the source and added achievements

Used to play Keen Dreams a lot back in the day. Remember collecting vegetables to throw at enemies. It was always the oddball of the series. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Vlad

Just finished Hook, from the recent IndieGala bundle.

It's an interesting idea, but don't expect anything TOO deep from it. It almost reminded me of the process behind untying a knot. You just kind of stare at it, look for the right place to start unraveling things, then work backwards from there. One of those puzzle games that's more relaxing than outright difficult. If anything, it felt like a minigame that'd be inside another game. I can see the mechanic used here to be used as something like a lockpicking mechanism or a hacking minigame.

This has been on mine for a while now. I still swear Bloodborne's regen mechanic is partially inspired by this.

What?

Space Marine: Shields deplete, once gone life depletes, when health is low, perform "execution" kill to regain health

Bloodborne: Take damage, if you deal damage back during limited timeframe, heal portions of recoverable health based on stats.

Bloodborne, if I had to describe it, is more like USF4 focus attack health regeneration rather than a game where cinematic executions give you health back.

Anyway, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom