• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's our first look at Disney's newest princess: Moana

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Moana-Disney-Princess-Art.jpg

http://www.popsugar.com/love/Moana-Disney-Princess-Art-35978462?stream_view=1#photo-35978464

She looks ok. Is this the one Sophia is supposed to be helping find her way or somethig like that before she sets off on her own?

Kinda interesting how the fan art in that article dropped her weight to be more in line with the other princesses.

Griss

"Directed by Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog), Moana is to tell the story of a spirited teenage girl and 'born navigator' who sets sail in search of a fabled island in the ancient world of Oceania. Along the way, she teams up with a demigod named Maui and encounters mythical creatures and places."

Holy shit, that actually sounds good. Anything involving journeys by sailboat and you've already got my money.

"Wind Waker the Movie"? Sign me up.

Hatchtag

Banned
She looks best in that last piece of concept art but looks odd in the other ones. Guessing the 3D one isn't a still or anything, looks really unexpressive.

Pau

The picture to load was the 2D concept art and for a second I thought I had heard wrong and it was going to be a 2D feature. I need to face that it's not gonna happen again. ;-;

Anyways, I really like the premise for the movie and looking forward to it.

FZZ

Banned
Stop debating the age of a cartoon character.

It will lead nowhere.

With that said good design but she looks like a cg Lilo.

also she pretty thick. not bad

You know, I'm wondering why Disney doesnt get the guy who designed the characters in Lilo and Stitch for their animated movies anymore. Seems like he would be a great fit for this film.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The design of that lava thing is awesome.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
This thread got creepy real fast.

Sure did......

It sounds really interesting and I also can't wait for people to say how she's not Disney or princess enough because of her darker skin.

Toxi

Banned
This movie's concept sounds awesome. I'm a sucker for boat trips.

Also, the character design looks nice (glad she didn't get hit with the same Rapunzel/Elsa/Anna face Disney's so fond of) but her pose with the cocked head and raised eyebrow is the most tired CGI character pose ever.

I also love how the sidekicks are the rooster and the pig. Pretty historically accurate.

Sure did......

It sounds really interesting and I also can't wait for people to say how she's not Disney or princess enough because of her darker skin.

Those people are dumb. Why won't she be? Polynesians/Austronesians have a pretty established royal families/nobles.

Hamlet

You know, I'm wondering why Disney doesnt get the guy who designed the characters in Lilo and Stitch for their animated movies anymore. Seems like he would be a great fit for this film.

Chris Sanders works for DreamWorks Animation now. He directed the first How to Train Your Dragon and The Croods. He's currently working on The Croods sequel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom