• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

squidyj

Cool, perhaps you should take this one step further to realize that KGB at risk of lynching loses nothing by claiming ISIS. Get counteclaimed? Super! One more revealed PR for KGB to target while the sacrificial lamb gets bused.

sure if you're only playing the short game. It's a little too early for the short game though isn't it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
sure if you're only playing the short game. It's a little too early for the short game though isn't it?

That's what I said, and why I boggled over your cop claim.

Like, you didn't even make an effort at incriminating me.

"Day 4? Time to claim and get dat dere Haly"

Palmer_v1

I was actually gearing up to defend Haly, but the role claim makes as little sense as the Cop claim. I'm definitely not wasting another hour posting thoughts on the remainder of his posts.

If you're telling the truth, you're in a similar position to me last game, and they really should have lynched me to verify it.

Haly

I was actually gearing up to defend Haly, but the role claim makes as little sense as the Cop claim. I'm definitely not wasting another hour posting thoughts on the remainder of his posts.
At least I saved you some time. I agree it's not a very good claim but I didn't want to make something up and draw another player out.

If you're telling the truth, you're in a similar position to me last game, and they really should have lynched me to verify it.
Don't encourage them.

I've got this.
Septimus Prime (0)
cabbeh

Haly (7)
Septimus Prime
squidyj
Arkos
YesNOnoNOYes
TheGoddamn
Kristoffer
Darryl
EzekelRage

squidyj (0)
Kristoffer
Mazre

Kristoffer (0)
Darryl

Hobohodo (1)
Darryl

Mazre (1)
Palmer_v1

Seath (1)
cabbeh

Mike_Hawk689 (1)
Mazre

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
EzekelRAGE
Gorlak
cabbeh
===BACKUP===
Darryl
squidyj

10 votes are needed for majority.

In case Squidy really is the cop, I want him safe and investigating Mazre. That means he needs to be on the mission. So no, I am not cool.

What if Squidy doesnt want to go on a mission? He seemed deadset on not goin. For all we know he could try and unvolunteer right before majority vote/day ends.I'm cool with waiting a little bit, but we shouldn't waste too much time on trying to force someone to save themselves.

if squids end up not going (even though he's already volunteered now guys) i want each of us to throw him a suss list to check for peeps outside the mission pls

so either some of you unvolunteered and make space for squidy so he can grope mazre (and get killed) or throw him some suss names

i dont mind ending the day early but after we sort out the volunteering thing

Haly

This is getting too close for comfort, but yeah, I wasn't convinced by myself either.

I'm, really, Ron Cadillac (I thought it was extremely funny that Squid fakeclaimed Ron in chat), the Used Car Dealer. A switcher. I'm (still) unaligned.

N1 - Hobo & Ezekel: RNG choice. This is why I accepted Ezekel's claim rather easily. I saw the no kill and my switch target claimed immunity.
N2 - Seath & Squid: Squid was always seemed like a threatening town, and Seath was being disruptive. I was hoping to get KGB to kill a potential headache.
N3 - Kristoffer & Darryl: I'll admit, Kristoffer ticked me off and I was confident enough of Darryl to throw Kris in harm's way (sorry Kris), potentially.

My win condition is to get 12 unique customers to ride my cars, except I don't count as a customer.

The question you all immediately want to ask is, "Why not claim this first instead of that stupid Jakov thing?"

It's because I had a slim hope that I could get through the day without claiming. If I got away with it, I'd be a prime target, right after squidy. Depending on whether squidy ends up on that mission or not. I would either switch myself with Septimus or switch squidy with Septimus and buy him another day. Yes, I still remember septimus, but seath got in the way, then Topo.

And, like I said, I didn't want to pressure a PR into revealing themselves by claiming Pam or Woodhouse.

lol, so If you are to be believed, KGB targeted Hobo N1. Still would have to lynch to prove one way or another. Not sure if doing this to speed up voting phase or slow it down.

Enker

This is getting too close for comfort, but yeah, I wasn't convinced by myself either.

I'm, really, Ron Cadillac (I thought it was extremely funny that Squid fakeclaimed Ron in chat), the Used Car Dealer. A switcher. I'm (still) unaligned.

N1 - Hobo & Ezekel: RNG choice. This is why I accepted Ezekel's claim rather easily. I saw the no kill and my switch target claimed immunity.
N2 - Seath & Squid: Squid was always seemed like a threatening town, and Seath was being disruptive. I was hoping to get KGB to kill a potential headache.
N3 - Kristoffer & Darryl: I'll admit, Kristoffer ticked me off and I was confident enough of Darryl to throw Kris in harm's way (sorry Kris), potentially.

My win condition is to get 12 unique customers to ride my cars, except I don't count as a customer.

The question you all immediately want to ask is, "Why not claim this first instead of that stupid Jakov thing?"

It's because I had a slim hope that I could get through the day without claiming. If I got away with it, I'd be a prime target, right after squidy. Depending on whether squidy ends up on that mission or not. I would either switch myself with Septimus or switch squidy with Septimus and buy him another day. Yes, I still remember septimus, but seath got in the way, then Topo.

And, like I said, I didn't want to pressure a PR into revealing themselves by claiming Pam or Woodhouse.

Do you get to see the roles that you switched?

That, and staying alive for 6 days to switch random people doesn’t seem like a logical win condition. But, then again, we had Robin Hood.

El Topo is probably nomming on some real karmic popcorn somewhere right now, enjoying how Haly is now stuck where he was with his roleclaimceptions

.... At least Cate Archer was sort of inspired. I dont believe any of Haly's claims one bit :x

What if Squidy doesnt want to go on a mission? He seemed deadset on not goin. For all we know he could try and unvolunteer right before majority vote/day ends.I'm cool with waiting a little bit, but we shouldn't waste too much time on trying to force someone to save themselves.
Volunteering is more likely to keep him safe. Not to mention, Mazre is acting weird (what are your thoughts on this, btw?) so it would be good to see why he's acting the way he is. The fact that he's still not own the Haly bandwagon is assassinating his character, fast.

squidyj

I will also add that you did in fact make 3 claims after being called out, sure the first one was just a simple drone claim.

Haly

you think so? I mean even if I didn't have a red-check on you I'd just see a mafia squirming and flailing.

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you didn't red-check me. What is this arrogance?

Haly

I will also add that you did in fact make 3 claims after being called out, sure the first one was just a simple drone claim.
Sorry I wasn't respecting the GAFia meta of "claim as soon as possible without any sort of attempt at misdirection whatsoever".

Really, it's amazing.

Someone voted for you? Claim.
Got a single result? Claim.
Look at you funny? Claim!

Mazre is acting weird (what are your thoughts on this, btw?)

Thoughts on Maz acting weird? Makes sense given what was said in mission chat, with Squid claiming something else at first. Any discussions we've had about who we think the cop or theorycrafting what other power roles could be, would be foolish to out them instantly for all to see. There is a slight chance KGB has infiltrated mission chats already, but there is still a chance all ppl that have been on mission so far are ISIS.

Haly

You'll get a laugh out of it, I'm sure. It'll be my parting gift to you all.

Thank you, squidy, for volunteering after a tense time of hesitance. Gorlak and cabbeh have expressed willingness to unvolunteer.

People who support this plan:
Darryl
cabbeh
Gorlak
YesNOnoNOYes
Kristoffer (tacit support, and impresively unvolunteered when provoked by EzekelRAGE, voted for Haly)
Septimus Prime (voted for Haly immediately after squid rolclaimed)
Hobohodo (implied that he would vote for Haly in the same post)

Mission volunteer list, in order:
Mazre (perfect attendance!)
Kristoffer
Gorlak (willing to unvolunteer if needed)
cabbeh (will unvolunteer so that Ezekel can move up in line)
EzekelRAGE
--(Volunteer backups)--
Darryl
squidyj

At least two of the people in front of squidy will have to unvolunteer so that squidy can get on the mission. squidyj wants Darryl on the mission.

squidyj, I'm not that happy with your adamant refusal to investigate Ezekel, but I'm glad you said so. I mean, you could've lied about investigating him while you investigated whoever else you pleased. I would like you to investigate Mazre, but Darryl is good too. I still remember the GLT fuckup.

People who have explicitly committed to vote Haly when the time comes:
Darryl
Gorlak
Enker http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176271918&postcount=2711

Based on the current Haly vote count (7) this is enough to force a majority/early D4 end when squid is on the mission. Ezekel and Septimus, your chomping at the bit to end the day is a little surprising.

Votes for Haly (from Kris; tallies with my vote as well. Ourobolus can confirm when off the rum):

Haly (7)
Septimus Prime
squidyj
Arkos
YesNOnoNOYes
TheGoddamn
Kristoffer
Darryl
EzekelRage

---

Talking points:

Just to point out, but that's 3/3 of last nights chat calling bullshit on squidyj. The reason for not being more specific is working from the hope/assumption that KGB hasn't completely infiltrated the mission chats.

This has been disproved by Ezekel and Palmer both clarifying their positions, then supporting the plan. So the information you're sitting on is something they haven't seen, or you have a phenomenal reason for keeping it close to the chest (and yet lording it over us). If this is pro-town, I hope it pays off.

if squids end up not going (even though he's already volunteered now guys) i want each of us to throw him a suss list to check for peeps outside the mission pls

so either some of you unvolunteered and make space for squidy so he can grope mazre (and get killed) or throw him some suss names

i dont mind ending the day early but after we sort out the volunteering thing

I'll think about non-mission candidates.

Well, I had three paragraphs dissecting Haly's Jakov roleclaim, but you've come and gone with another one, practically negating Palmer's read on you. The Jakov one was at least elegant in its win condition as a defense; Ron Cadillac is scraping nonsensical. It's like an Ace Attorney meltdown. Plus, it's barely a defense at all: a Switcher is no use to town, much less an unaligned one.

i agreeee with errything theG says above ^

also last time in SW we had an unaligned switcher and his win condition was sort of anti-town (he'd win when 2 of the town's armourers ded)

so i dun like

no sir~

Palmer_v1

Volunteer

I'm fine with the plan, not fine with Mazre going again. Has he ever explained why he should keep going? I could be wrong, but is he producing anything of note for town while he hides?

Volunteer

I'm fine with the plan, not fine with Mazre going again. Has he ever explained why he should keep going? I could be wrong, but is he producing anything of note for town while he hides?
He hasn't. In fact, now that he has a big chance to (where he's saying the mission logs prove that squidyj is lying), he's refusing to.

Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176274189&postcount=2715

I'll preface this by saying that while I am suspicious of Haly, this isn't the way to go about it. If you think Haly is KGB or have an actual argument against him fine. If you're doing so in an attempt to prove/disprove squidyj as an investigator then let me save you the trouble. This is a complete farce and squidyj is lying about being an investigator. When I mentioned a double down earlier it wasn't in regards to his investigations, it was in regards to the claim of being an investigator. That said I'm also not convinced that squidyj is necessarily KGB, it really does seem like such a terrible play from KGB perspective, and honestly not much better from town side.

How can I be so sure? Well it honestly goes back to being on the missions, and that's about as far as I'm willing to disclose at the moment. Related to that I see that people are once again pointing out my volunteering. Let me point out what should be painfully obvious. Mafia is a game of information, information is power, the missions are an extra source of information. With the exception of Burbeting and a few exceptions based on PRs people should want to be on the missions. They provide both information and at least in the early going of the game some perceived safety. We were fortunate night 1 and 3 but it could just as easily been a total of 6 kills (or more potentially) during that period.

For now:

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Has been almost a complete non-entity this game and with the exception of one replaced player didn't even cast a vote on D2.
And then he follows up with a nonsense vote.

squidyj

Volunteer

This is what I was asking before we got into a whose line skit.

Alright, I think Haly's been bad enough that I can let this drop, I'm not the cop, I was never the cop. I don't have information, my role is Brett Bunsen, Butt Monkey and that's what I actually claimed in Mission chat, mission members can confirm. This wasn't just about putting scum on Haly, there's more going on than that. I really didn't care for the way Mazre and Septimus reacted to this.

Anyways I want to get this out before we wind up in the night phase and I can't say anything.

Unvolunteer

I think Haly's cracked enough in his defense today that he's a good lynch, he's claimed 3 specuous roles, his only real town claim was drone, and now he's claiming something crazy will happen if and when we lynch him. I still have full confidence in lynching him he's completely fallen apart.

I put the 4 night kills on purpose like Darryl thought but it wasn't anything to do with mafia, it was more to do with seeing how people would read that mistake.

If you notice my interactions with Ezekel earlier in this day phase, particularly what I had to say about information from mission chat, that was all about convincing Zeke to play along with me and I want to thank him for it, I had meant to write a somewhat cryptic "don't freak out" in mission chat before the start of the day but when I got around to it the chat was already locked :(

I didn't come up with the idea until I was in the mission chat but there's sensitive information there that I don't want to reveal willy-nilly, I just tried to find the simplest and most believable narrative of my checks that would let me pressure Haly who had sort of been escaping that sort of thing.

I hope you guys won't flip now.

Haly

Hahaha, amazing squidy.

I was outmaneuvered completely.

Palmer_v1

This is what I was asking before we got into a whose line skit.

Alright, I think Haly's been bad enough that I can let this drop, I'm not the cop, I was never the cop. I don't have information, my role is Brett Bunsen, Butt Monkey and that's what I actually claimed in Mission chat, mission members can confirm. This wasn't just about putting scum on Haly, there's more going on than that. I really didn't care for the way Mazre and Septimus reacted to this.

Anyways I want to get this out before we wind up in the night phase and I can't say anything.

Unvolunteer

I think Haly's cracked enough in his defense today that he's a good lynch, he's claimed 3 specuous roles, his only real town claim was drone, and now he's claiming something crazy will happen if and when we lynch him. I still have full confidence in lynching him he's completely fallen apart.

I put the 4 night kills on purpose like Darryl thought but it wasn't anything to do with mafia, it was more to do with seeing how people would read that mistake.

If you notice my interactions with Ezekel earlier in this day phase, particularly what I had to say about information from mission chat, that was all about convincing Zeke to play along with me and I want to thank him for it, I had meant to write a somewhat cryptic "don't freak out" in mission chat before the start of the day but when I got around to it the chat was already locked :(

I didn't come up with the idea until I was in the mission chat but there's sensitive information there that I don't want to reveal willy-nilly, I just tried to find the simplest and most believable narrative of my checks that would let me pressure Haly who had sort of been escaping that sort of thing.

I hope you guys won't flip now.

I'll confirm that Brett is what he claimed in chat, which is why I was alright with letting this ride initially. I don't know if he got lucky with Haly or what, cause I really thought I was going to have to turn on him later after I verified Haly hadn't been acting scummy, but since it panned out, I guess that's that.

squidyj

I'm going on further to say that I have a night action and I'm going to use it tonight. If I die you'll know what I did, if I don't I'll tell you about it.

Hobohodo

So this was a play to put pressure on Haly? If your telling the truth and this is going to actually pay off for town then that's scarily good. Haly's post about being out manouverd does come across as someone rolling over in defeat as well. So maybe it is true? (That it it's sarcasm and Haly forgot his /s tags)

Haly

It's true, I'm not even going to bother putting together a last-ditch defense. I'm exhausted. Do what you will, I just want to see your reactions to my flip, and you'll see why I fell for squidy's ruse. Because, really, it was my worst nightmare come alive.

Top Bottom